Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250147 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #3405 on: December 29, 2019, 03:41:51 PM »

Given that I spend an extraordinary amount of money for U of Michigan, there's no way I'm rooting for Ohio State. But there's equally no way that I'll root for Dabo.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3406 on: December 29, 2019, 05:18:22 PM »

The official they had on hand for review opinion, rules application confirmed every call that went against tOSU, cap you may not like targeting rule, but it’s irrelevant whether or not Tlaw lowers his head, nothing to do with the application of the rule, whisk you may not like the fact that Dobbins needed to secure the ball for it to be a catch (to the ground), and he didn’t have control of it at all, no catch, no TD, proper application of the rule.

Had I been a tOSU fan in the stands, I would be sure we had gotten jobbed.

But you didn’t.  Fact.  Calls indisputable, period.

And yes, the roughing play was moronic, thanks.

I don’t feel bad for Coach Ryan but he called a near perfect game against our formidable DC.

tOSU did get fatigued and Etienne finally got going and Tlaw was incredible running the ball.

tOSU should have lost 2 players in the targeting play as the second defender grew a punch at Tlaw and tried to unscrew his head.

Dirty.

Dobbins might’ve gotten an ankle as a result but no crocodile tears here.

Helluva game.

Lived up to the USC/UT game where it was hard fought and came down to the last play.
The targeting call was correct, under the rules, but it was not a dirty play - there was a targeting call on Okie that was much worse.

Overturning Dobbins's TD catch was also proper. I still say Okudah's TD should have counted given the ruling on the field. Still, the was the call and you deal with it. It is not why they lost. The got the ball back and scored. They could not get a stop when they needed it, and Olave screwed up his route. ClemSIN's D held The to field goals three times in the Red Zone in the first half, and made a key Defensive adjustment to the novel maybe we should try tackling Dobbins scheme after quarter. Great game, great win for ClemSIN. Congratulations and good luck with LSU.

the The did not appear gassed to me. Lawrence led a great drive at the end,  but fatigue was not the issue.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3407 on: December 29, 2019, 05:22:04 PM »

The targeting rule sucks cock. The QB ducked into that hit.
Don't know.if it was a good call or not - they did not show the replay in the stadium - but it sure changed the game. That and the roughing the punter were probably the two most important plays of.the game.

Had a great time. Disappointing end but oh well. We had one ClemSIN fan near us who was so South Carolina, right down to the frayed bill on his ball cap. Worst thing was the The fan right behind use who kept.yelling "Dobbins is a free elf" so much I wanted to PUNCH HIM IN THE FUCKING FACE!

Battle of the bands was a one sided romp. ClemSIN's band was bleh.

Geaux Tigers!

Roughing the punter was stupid, they had Clemson backed up and most likely would have gotten good field position. That's on the special teams coach, he fucked up.

As far as targeting they should have left it at launch targeting and then left well enough alone. And yes, many people don't share my opinion I know.

The special teams coach does not call for a block attempt without the head coach's OK.
Put the blame where it belongs.
I am morally certain The's punt block schemes do not include the direction to plaster the kicker if you  miss. The call was fine - the The would have good field position if they did not get the block. Put the blame where it belongs: on the players who did not execute. But then you are a stupid, stupid man.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3408 on: December 29, 2019, 05:31:14 PM »

Given that I spend an extraordinary amount of money for U of Michigan, there's no way I'm rooting for Ohio State. But there's equally no way that I'll root for Dabo.

Think of it as investing money, not spending it.

What's your beef with Dabo?  Besides, his name being Dabo.
"God's favor"  has nothing to do with winning college football games
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #3409 on: December 29, 2019, 05:33:20 PM »

Actually, after watching the game post my comments, I agree re: “gassed”

I think we became more productive from Etienne and Tlaw because of some fatigue but gassed in the wrong word, tOSU was still banging, and thanks.

It was a last team to make a mistake/play game and an all-timer.

I do disagree re:  “dirty,” it’s why he left the game.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #3410 on: December 29, 2019, 07:04:55 PM »

Dabo may overdo some of the “god stuff” for this lapsed Baptist who struggles with issues of faith and organized religion, but let me say this:

I am not steeped in the culture of coaching theory but I know enough to know that coaching through love and accountability rather than fear and punishment, of positivity rather than blame, and creating a culture of brotherhood, while not novel, I’m sure, has been a very successful recruiting, coaching and leadership model for Clemson and it’s author, one Dabo Swinney.

By the way, he is a loving father figure for many athletes who need that, whether it’s a kid (the Safety that caught the game winning pick) who lost his father to ALS in 2016, who Dabo had known since he was a kid having played with his dad at ALA before dad went NFL.  The year prior Dabo had scholarship slots to fill he gave film of the unrecruited kid to Venables, and now, the rest is history.

Google Nolan Greenville News for full story...

...or an urban (black) kid with an incarcerated, absent, or dead father who needs a safe caring environment (not Miami) and some leadership and “brothers” with his best interest at heart, it’s worked...

And call him a bible thumper and ridicule him for the all glory to god shitck (and I get it) but understand that he has created a culture of brotherhood and love that also happens to be the most dominant paradigm in college football at the moment. 

You can win other ways but he doesn’t recruit talented 5* thugs or primadonnas, have at them the rest of you.

I don’t think he’s alone in his philosophy but I believe he’s been revolutionary in creating results out of those simple, and yes, Christian, ideals.

So there is that, as cornpone as it is...

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3412 on: December 29, 2019, 11:10:26 PM »

Heard SWINEy on the.radio while waiting to exit. My son's response to his interview was, that's why we lost. God fucked us! Bastard.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3413 on: December 29, 2019, 11:16:01 PM »

Actually, after watching the game post my comments, I agree re: “gassed”

I think we became more productive from Etienne and Tlaw because of some fatigue but gassed in the wrong word, tOSU was still banging, and thanks.

It was a last team to make a mistake/play game and an all-timer.

I do disagree re:  “dirty,” it’s why he left the game.
Well, it is.dirty in the way a clip or a facemask or horse collar tackle is dirty. It is against the rules, and penalized. But those rules, like targeting, do not require an intent to injure. The The kid made an illegal hit.that because of concussion concerns, we penalize with ejection as well. But I didn't see anything in it dirtier than other major penalties.

Last mistake was Olave messing up his route. Great game.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3414 on: December 29, 2019, 11:25:14 PM »

The targeting rule sucks cock. The QB ducked into that hit.
Don't know.if it was a good call or not - they did not show the replay in the stadium - but it sure changed the game. That and the roughing the punter were probably the two most important plays of.the game.

Had a great time. Disappointing end but oh well. We had one ClemSIN fan near us who was so South Carolina, right down to the frayed bill on his ball cap. Worst thing was the The fan right behind use who kept.yelling "Dobbins is a free elf" so much I wanted to PUNCH HIM IN THE FUCKING FACE!

Battle of the bands was a one sided romp. ClemSIN's band was bleh.

Geaux Tigers!

Roughing the punter was stupid, they had Clemson backed up and most likely would have gotten good field position. That's on the special teams coach, he fucked up.

As far as targeting they should have left it at launch targeting and then left well enough alone. And yes, many people don't share my opinion I know.

The special teams coach does not call for a block attempt without the head coach's OK.
Put the blame where it belongs.
I am morally certain The's punt block schemes do not include the direction to plaster the kicker if you  miss. The call was fine - the The would have good field position if they did not get the block. Put the blame where it belongs: on the players who did not execute. But then you are a stupid, stupid man.

Still wrong.  The players would not have been close if the block was not on.  The following punt Clemson's punter could have run for the first down easily because every BuckNUT WAS RUNNING DOWNFIELD. 
I put the blame on the guys being paid millions, Ignoramuses like yourself blame poor student -athletes. Go figure. Now how stupid do you feel?
You are a fucking moron. There was no problem with ing the play. The thought they could get a block. If you paying attention, ClemSIN thought so too. The rest of their punts after that were roll out punts. Apparently ClemSIN saw the same thing The's coaches did. Players have to properly execute. You as a fucking syphlitic ass moron would as well criticize The calling a post pattern on their last offensive pay because Olave and Fields did not execute it. You stupid, stupid man.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #3415 on: December 30, 2019, 12:18:14 AM »

Heard SWINEy on the.radio while waiting to exit. My son's response to his interview was, that's why we lost. God fucked us! Bastard.
Well, yes he needs Jesus in his life obvi.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #3416 on: December 30, 2019, 12:37:17 AM »

When I watched it again, and tOSU went all in, and we threw to Etienne was, jeez, we just stole their Dobbins play that had fucked us, but there was nobody back just like we got burnt.

I’m not so much a  Dabo defender as I am amazed at what he’s done and we don’t share the same exact belief system, and you (not You) can think it’s dumb, but we recruit Georgia (our last 2 #1 QB both rings...), Florida, and yes AL (#1 WR Ross), LA (#1, Etienne), down here Dabo’s thing is working for us and you (not You) can think his belief system is not what you prefer (me too), but it fucking works.

I just hope he stays away from LGBTQ community, because when I heard “I’m not a part of that because I refuse to be defined by my sexuality...”

So the latest thing is that you can’t name even a preference, even though everyone has one, you just can’t *say* it, so, same lens thru which I view atheists and Bible thumpers, whatever works for you...

For us??

We'll stick with Dabo for now.

Driver125

• View Profile
« Reply #3417 on: December 30, 2019, 01:44:00 AM »

Well, yes he needs Jesus in his life obvi.
Well, he had better have a word with the complete Trinity before he goes up against LSU.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3418 on: December 30, 2019, 09:36:31 AM »

When I watched it again, and tOSU went all in, and we threw to Etienne was, jeez, we just stole their Dobbins play that had fucked us, but there was nobody back just like we got burnt.

I’m not so much a  Dabo defender as I am amazed at what he’s done and we don’t share the same exact belief system, and you (not You) can think it’s dumb, but we recruit Georgia (our last 2 #1 QB both rings...), Florida, and yes AL (#1 WR Ross), LA (#1, Etienne), down here Dabo’s thing is working for us and you (not You) can think his belief system is not what you prefer (me too), but it fucking works.

I just hope he stays away from LGBTQ community, because when I heard “I’m not a part of that because I refuse to be defined by my sexuality...”

So the latest thing is that you can’t name even a preference, even though everyone has one, you just can’t *say* it, so, same lens thru which I view atheists and Bible thumpers, whatever works for you...

For us??

We'll stick with Dabo for now.
He is a great coach.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3419 on: December 30, 2019, 09:58:46 AM »

Which one of these geniuses is the next Cowboys coach?
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 329