Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
January 22, 2018, 04:40:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: With Dixon out for the season, who will win the Heisman?
Tim Tebow
Darren McFadden
Matt Ryan
Chase Daniel
Other

Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467
  Print  
Author Topic: College Football  (Read 36969 times)
CaptainCargo
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6960 on: January 12, 2018, 11:48:08 AM »

We are limited in how many we can take this year.  We don't play those games that many of the so called "elite" coaches do.  But here is our top remaining wish list, per Garry Paskwietz who covers USC Sports exclusively

OL Penei Sewell – One of the elite linemen in the nation, can play tackle or guard, has plenty of mass.
LB Solomon Tuliaupupu – Won the Butkus Award as top linebacker in nation, and USA Today Defensive Player of the Year.
CB Isaac Taylor-Stuart – A unique athletic combination of 6-2 height and fastest man at The Opening speed.
DT Michael Thompson – Good athleticism for a guy his size, when you talk about SEC-style defensive tackles, he fits the mold.
CB Olaijah Griffin  – An aggressive corner with coverage skills and playmaking ability. You can never have too many players like this in your secondary.
DB Julius Irvin – A versatile player who can end up at either corner or safety, Irvin was planning to sign early at a school (probably would have been Notre Dame) but family issues resulted in him waiting.
WR Devon Williams – A tall receiving option if there are enough rides
RB Mychael Salahuddin – The one-time Trojan commit is still showing interest and, like Williams above, it could come into play if the rides are there.

Some good talent there Scotty. And as I said Irvin is one of my personal favorites.

I'm not as high on Penei Sewell as many are. He's a big guy but he needs to hit the weight room IMO and shed some of that baby fat. With effort he could pan out as a keeper though.

Stuart I think just visited Alabama this week. He's the highest player on your list. A burner with what I like to call twitchy instincts. Good tackler too.

I absolutely love Griffin though. He's Tyrann Mathieu only taller. He may be the best high school tight-cover corner I've ever seen.(saying a lot) He can return punts too and is a damn good receiver as well. What a slot receiver this kid would make. If he develops he could become a top 10 NFL pick down the line.

Yep
Driver125
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6961 on: January 12, 2018, 12:36:46 PM »

We are limited in how many we can take this year.
Well…you got Amon-Ra…what more do you need when you’ve got the Egyptian Sun God?
CaptainCargo
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6962 on: January 12, 2018, 01:24:08 PM »

You'd have thought the guy would have went to Memphis. For Troy to get him sounds like downright Thebery.

Yep
TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6963 on: January 12, 2018, 05:14:34 PM »

Well…you got Amon-Ra…what more do you need when you’ve got the Egyptian Sun God?

I saw your earlier post. ...and forgot to comment... Very funny  Smiley
Driver125
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6964 on: January 12, 2018, 05:55:12 PM »

I saw your earlier post. ...and forgot to comment... Very funny
So…..any chance you’re going to get that guy with the jackal head too? Might make a hell of a linebacker….. Roll Eyes
Espnthree

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6965 on: January 12, 2018, 07:06:48 PM »

I saw your earlier post. ...and forgot to comment... Very funny  Smiley

Will the Trojans get enough to cover their losses?
TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6966 on: January 12, 2018, 08:13:59 PM »

Will the Trojans get enough to cover their losses?

Only three juniors leaving early...so far: Darnold, Jones and Burnett.  Very Good Skill players, but we have very good replacements there IMO.   A few key Juniors have already announced they will return.

The hardest senior player to replace in my mind is Nwosu (linebacker). 74 tackles, 9.5 sacks and 13 pass breakups...but they all seemed to come at a critical moment in a game which is what made him so huge.    But we have some great returning linebackers and if Gustin can stay healthy for a full season, the defense should be fine.  

The one area that fans are screaming to strengthen is the OL... and I hear there is a big, experienced Offensive Lineman that just came available...  Smiley
Espnthree

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6967 on: January 13, 2018, 11:23:37 AM »

Whoa, Nellie
RIP Keith Jackson.
TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6968 on: January 13, 2018, 02:26:07 PM »

He was my all time favorite college football announcer.
CaptainCargo
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6969 on: January 14, 2018, 08:29:30 AM »

Always sad when the football icons of your youth pass away. First Dick Enberg and now Keith Jackson.

Fummmmble! will be reverberating in Heaven from now on.

Yep
yankguy
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6970 on: January 14, 2018, 08:33:40 AM »

The Keith Jackson and Frank Broyles team was my favorite broadcast team ever.

I'm a pretty good cook sitting on my groceries. Come up to my kitchen. I'll show you my best recipe
TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6971 on: January 14, 2018, 12:09:24 PM »

He had a simple but effective philosophy for play calling...

"Amplify, Clarify, and Punctuate! Then let the viewer draw his or her own conclusion."
                                                                                   Keith Jackson
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

Willie Randolph's Real Killers

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6972 on: January 14, 2018, 04:53:07 PM »

Always sad when the football icons of your youth pass away. First Dick Enberg and now Keith Jackson.

Fummmmble! will be reverberating in Heaven from now on.

Broadcasters provide part of the soundtrack of your life. Never forget September 1997, when after their unanticipated deaths, a friend remarked, "First, Princess Diana, then Mother Teresa, and now Richie Ashburn."

Three people whose juxtaposition as such within the same sentence once clearly something for which we were all unprepared.

"That guy over there played with Ty Cobb," said Phillies bench coach Jimy Williams, pointing to Chase Utley. "He's been here before."  quoted in the Boston Globe
TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6973 on: January 15, 2018, 07:42:19 PM »

must be the offseason
CaptainCargo
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6974 on: January 16, 2018, 10:32:26 AM »

You'd have thought the guy would have went to Memphis. For Troy to get him sounds like downright Thebery.

Off-season?

C'mon, no comment on this one? What's a guy gotta do to get a laugh around here?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I was at least expecting an Achille's heel jab by Rich.

Yep
Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467
  Print  

Jump to: