Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250095 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #3450 on: January 01, 2020, 12:25:38 PM »

Ward got targeting because he lowered his head into contact. The right call, a stupid play that was more dangerous to himself than Lawrence
Lawerence is like 6’5”-6’6” and close to 250lbs. If he wants to run the ball then he takes the risks that running backs take every time they touch the ball. Besides, this targeting call is one of the biggest pieces of horseshit that they have come up with in many a year. A couple of guys in the replay booth are supposed to discern just exactly what a players intentions were when he moved his head a couple of inches up or down or left to right during a tackle? This is still football, right? Occasionally, it is evident that a person is taking a shot at an unprotected mans head. In that case they should march off a 15 yard penalty. But this bit about throwing a guy out out of the game, merely on the subjective opinion of the people in the replay booth sucks. They have already killed the kickoff as an exciting play in college football, now they want to turn hard hitting into a major foul? Well, I guess there is always flag football.
Intent is irrelevant for targeting. It is a prophylactic rule. You cannot make helmet to helmet contact, you cannot - as Ward did - hit with the crown of the helmet.

The rule in it's current form sucks dead donkey dick.

I'll defer to cap's expertise in chossing his comps, and I don't have a dog, donkey or Tiger in this matter, thought I did lay the points, but I thought it was a good and reasonable call, tOSU kid seemed to lead with his head and went kind of high on the sack. Was it intentional, IDK, but as boz notes, that ain't the rule.

And Happy New Year to all.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 12:28:25 PM by bankshot1 »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: January 01, 2020, 12:43:42 PM »

Ward got targeting because he lowered his head into contact. The right call, a stupid play that was more dangerous to himself than Lawrence
Lawerence is like 6’5”-6’6” and close to 250lbs. If he wants to run the ball then he takes the risks that running backs take every time they touch the ball. Besides, this targeting call is one of the biggest pieces of horseshit that they have come up with in many a year. A couple of guys in the replay booth are supposed to discern just exactly what a players intentions were when he moved his head a couple of inches up or down or left to right during a tackle? This is still football, right? Occasionally, it is evident that a person is taking a shot at an unprotected mans head. In that case they should march off a 15 yard penalty. But this bit about throwing a guy out out of the game, merely on the subjective opinion of the people in the replay booth sucks. They have already killed the kickoff as an exciting play in college football, now they want to turn hard hitting into a major foul? Well, I guess there is always flag football.
Intent is irrelevant for targeting. It is a prophylactic rule. You cannot make helmet to helmet contact, you cannot - as Ward did - hit with the crown of the helmet.

IT'S ITS GODDAMMIT NOT IT'S!

Id est quod est. It is the duty of the player to comply with the rules as they are. CTE is a real issue.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: January 01, 2020, 12:59:16 PM »

Also good to see you here my friend.
Hey, Cap….always good to be talking’ at you. Just trying to put my thoughts in order after that OSU defeat. I guess it’s just the way it goes sometimes. Bucks had their chances for a win. It wasn’t like that 31-0 debacle. Clemson made the plays when they really needed to and OSU did not. Still, that targeting call and the fumble that turned out to be a not fumble after the replay people got through with it sticks in the craw. Those plays were not the complete difference makers but they sure didn’t help. OSU makes one more first down before they punted Clemson down to the 10 yard line and the game is probably over because Clemson never sees the ball again. Yet you have to give credit where credit is due. Clemson marches right down the field with 3 minutes or less left in the game??? Uh—calling the OSU defense….make a stop and it’s on to New Orleans. Just goes to show how difficult it really is to win that National Championship. Clemson played like a steady, veteran outfit and found the ways to win when they needed to and OSU just couldn’t get over that second to last hurdle (Penn State, Michigan, Wisconsin—twice!).
The reasons The lost, in order of importance:

1. ClemSIN is a really, really, really good, well coached team that committed no major errors.
2. ClemSIN held The to 3 field goals in 3 first half trips inside the 10. Twice Dobbins dropped certain or likely touchdown passes, but the real props to the ClemSIN defense for those stands. 28 - 0, 24 - 0, those are much bigger holes than 16 - 0.
3. The targeting call really changed the game - especially since the player who replaced Ward committed pass interference on the next pass.
4. Add in a roughing the kicker penalty, three huge mistakes that led to 14 points. Against ClemSIN, a team a great team making no major errors, you cannot do that.
5. ClemSIN's offense had two touchdowns of over 50 yards against a defense that gave up one of them all year. That Jennifer Lawrence run in particular was a game changer.

Add in Olave running the wrong route, the defensive touchdown that got called back somewhere beyond those. But in the end, the reasons boil down to my first: ClemSIN is really, really, really good.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: January 01, 2020, 01:06:34 PM »

Go Ala... Go Mi... Fuck this game.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: January 01, 2020, 01:14:00 PM »

Well that was quick.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: January 01, 2020, 01:28:36 PM »

IT'S ITS GODDAMMIT NOT IT'S!

Id est quod est. It is the duty of the player to comply with the rules as they are. CTE is a real issue.

''''''''''''''

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: January 01, 2020, 01:59:41 PM »

Targeting rule morphs to other sports.

This just in, boxers will no longer be allowed to hit their opponents in the head.

UFC fighters will only be allowed to kick each other in the shins.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: January 01, 2020, 02:08:25 PM »

Targeting rule morphs to other sports.

This just in, boxers will no longer be allowed to hit their opponents in the head.

UFC fighters will only be allowed to kick each other in the shins.
Well now, the concussion is the actual point in boxing and UCF.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: January 01, 2020, 02:36:19 PM »

It is a prophylactic rule.
I’d hire you in an instant to be the broadcast rules’ expert.
Five words to properly put the targeting rule in context.

Note:  First BJ of the year from JumboNut Jim to RisqueNutSteve.

(That didn't take long)
Third stupid, stupid post by a stupid, stupid man who does not know the meaning of the word prophylactic. Sadly, neither did the john who impregnated his mom.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: January 01, 2020, 03:02:14 PM »

That pointless moment of the lame half time show reminds me: outcome of the game aside, Ohio State's band.was, way, way better than Clemson's.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: January 01, 2020, 04:19:47 PM »

Looks like the B1G West will be exciting in 2020.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: January 01, 2020, 04:50:44 PM »

It is a prophylactic rule.
I’d hire you in an instant to be the broadcast rules’ expert.
Five words to properly put the targeting rule in context.

Note:  First BJ of the year from JumboNut Jim to RisqueNutSteve.

(That didn't take long)
Third stupid, stupid post by a stupid, stupid man who does not know the meaning of the word prophylactic. Sadly, neither did the john who impregnated his mom.

Is sodomizimg your stepson considered incest in the enlightened desert of AridZona?
No, the two of you can make your vacation plans without worrying about that.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: January 01, 2020, 05:07:50 PM »

I guess with Harbaugh you know what you get.

Quick trivia: Of teams with at least 3 appearances, what school has the best winning percentage in Rose Bowl history?

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: January 01, 2020, 05:15:53 PM »

Nothing, but nothing, personifies college football better than the Rose Bowl.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: January 01, 2020, 05:43:00 PM »

My hat is off to the Golden Gophers. What a great year for them.
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 329