Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250014 times)

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #3465 on: January 01, 2020, 05:44:16 PM »

I wonder what Nick Saban said in the locker room at half-time. If anything.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: January 01, 2020, 05:52:43 PM »

I wonder what Nick Saban said in the locker room at half-time. If anything.
"Relax. It's Harbaugh. You got this."
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: January 01, 2020, 07:14:01 PM »

It is a prophylactic rule.
I’d hire you in an instant to be the broadcast rules’ expert.
Five words to properly put the targeting rule in context.

Note:  First BJ of the year from JumboNut Jim to RisqueNutSteve.

(That didn't take long)
Third stupid, stupid post by a stupid, stupid man who does not know the meaning of the word prophylactic. Sadly, neither did the john who impregnated his mom.

Is sodomizimg your stepson considered incest in the enlightened desert of AridZona?
No, the two of you can make your vacation plans without worrying about that.

You picked the right state to hole up in then. Good job!   Jim wants seconds.
Well then, you should service him again. If he paid up.  Don't let posting.stop you. Please.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: January 01, 2020, 07:34:18 PM »

You guys sound like idiots regarding the targeting rule, and *intent* has nothing to do with it when the action alone was egregious, like the TLaw hit, I knew that guy was gone from the first replay.

They both should have been ejected so tOSU got off light IMO, other dude threw a punch...wtf?

It’s a good rule, helmet to helmet play is never, ever excusable, so dumb.

You guys, I thought, were better than that, so fucking dumb.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: January 01, 2020, 07:38:53 PM »

Making it a 15 yard penalty is condoning targeting, what’s your solution but the rule is clear and was correctly applied, say you don’t like the rule and own it, and don’t equivocate about whether it’s a good call or not, just say:  “I don’t like the targeting rule” and shut the fuck up, I’m sick of it.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: January 01, 2020, 07:53:39 PM »

If you have been lucky enough to attend a Rose Bowl the view of the San Gabriel Mountains right now at about 5 pm PST is worth the trip alone.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: January 01, 2020, 08:34:21 PM »

Quick trivia: Of teams with at least 3 appearances, what school has the best winning percentage in Rose Bowl history?

Not sure, but I think I know the answer to "of teams with at least 30 Rose Bowl Appearances, which has the best winning percentage?"
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: January 01, 2020, 08:37:44 PM »

Just another boring Rose Bowl.
LOL

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: January 01, 2020, 08:43:28 PM »

Go Ala... Go Mi... Fuck this game.

Yeah.  I had picked Alabama in the poll.   But I would not have minded if Michigan had won, since I all for the downfall of the evil empire.   But I was pretty ambivalent
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: January 01, 2020, 08:47:50 PM »

You guys sound like idiots regarding the targeting rule, and *intent* has nothing to do with it when the action alone was egregious, like the TLaw hit, I knew that guy was gone from the first replay.

They both should have been ejected so tOSU got off light IMO, other dude threw a punch...wtf?

They're defending the indefensible, again.  It is not a game, it is life and death. Winning is the only thing.  The rule is stupid.  They know what they signed up for.  We want bone-crushing collisions like a demolition derby....blah, blah, blah, blah, blah....
You stupid, stupid man. The only person here protesting the rule is the one whose dick is permanently lodged in your cheeks.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: January 01, 2020, 08:51:34 PM »

Quick trivia: Of teams with at least 3 appearances, what school has the best winning percentage in Rose Bowl history?

Not sure, but I think I know the answer to "of teams with at least 30 Rose Bowl Appearances, which has the best winning percentage?"
Heh. One of the losses plays into my answer.

Alabama is.4 - 1 -1. The tie separates.them.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: January 01, 2020, 08:55:33 PM »

Have you ever driven from Vegas to Phoenix at sunset with a shower and lightning coming in?

My most interesting experience like that was driving East on the 40 at night about 20 years ago with lightning strikes visibly hitting the ground on both sides of the freeway.  While I was indeed impressed by the "Light Show," I was also scared s***less.   I have never been that scared inside the Rosebowl...even when UCLA actually threatened to win.  Therefore, I'm going to give the nod to watching the sunset at the Rosebowl out of those two experiences. 

Though tonight, I was completely happy watching scarlet and blue intermix over the Saddleback Mountain out my back window while watching the Rosebowl from our family room.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: January 01, 2020, 09:08:42 PM »

Just another boring Rose Bowl.
LOL
You know, that stupid, stupid man knows and cares so little about college football it is a wonder he posts.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: January 01, 2020, 09:09:26 PM »

Shaddap.

The Earl Campbell/Jack Tatum collision is one of the best plays I've ever seen. Two men playing football. Hundreds, no, probably thousands of like hits throughout college football history. Never see that great stuff ever again.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 09:12:56 PM by CaptainCargo »
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: January 01, 2020, 09:12:39 PM »

Have you ever driven from Vegas to Phoenix at sunset with a shower and lightning coming in?

My most interesting experience like that was driving East on the 40 at night about 20 years ago with lightning strikes visibly hitting the ground on both sides of the freeway.  While I was indeed impressed by the "Light Show," I was also scared s***less.   I have never been that scared inside the Rosebowl...even when UCLA actually threatened to win.  Therefore, I'm going to give the nod to watching the sunset at the Rosebowl out of those two experiences. 

Though tonight, I was completely happy watching scarlet and blue intermix over the Saddleback Mountain out my back window while watching the Rosebowl from our family room.
Lightning storms are like Methchicken cheerleaders: beautiful at a distance.

Personally, I never tire of Big Sur.
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 329