Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250310 times)

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #3480 on: January 01, 2020, 09:14:46 PM »

If you have been lucky enough to attend a Rose Bowl the view of the San Gabriel Mountains right now at about 5 pm PST is worth the trip alone.

Nice game Jim. Hope you had a good time. I especially liked the ending.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: January 01, 2020, 09:15:06 PM »

You guys sound like idiots regarding the targeting rule, and *intent* has nothing to do with it when the action alone was egregious, like the TLaw hit, I knew that guy was gone from the first replay.

They both should have been ejected so tOSU got off light IMO, other dude threw a punch...wtf?

It’s a good rule, helmet to helmet play is never, ever excusable, so dumb.

You guys, I thought, were better than that, so fucking dumb.

Shaddap.

The Earl Campbell/Jack Tatum collision is one of the best plays I've ever seen. Two men playing football. Hundreds, no, probably thousands of like hits throughout college football history. Never see that great stuff ever again.
Careful, cap. Some stupid, stupid man is about to mock you.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3482 on: January 01, 2020, 09:18:30 PM »

You guys sound like idiots regarding the targeting rule, and *intent* has nothing to do with it when the action alone was egregious, like the TLaw hit, I knew that guy was gone from the first replay.

They both should have been ejected so tOSU got off light IMO, other dude threw a punch...wtf?

Shaddap.

The Earl Campbell/Jack Tatum collision is one of the best plays I've ever seen. Two men playing football. Hundreds, no, probably thousands of like hits throughout college football history. Never see that great stuff ever again.
Careful, cap. Some stupid, stupid man is about to mock you.

You're starting to froth a bit bro. Its okay though.

LOL

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: January 01, 2020, 09:18:49 PM »

Shaddap.

That Jack Tatum died young and Earl Campbell can barely walk is probably an argument that those that don't think that stuff was great can make.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: January 01, 2020, 09:32:20 PM »

Shaddap.

That Jack Tatum died young and Earl Campbell can barely walk is probably an argument that those that don't think that stuff was great can make.

Ali shook later on too. But he was the GREATEST.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #3485 on: January 01, 2020, 09:33:47 PM »

Shaddap.

It’s me tho, basically you are making the “get off my lawn”/“In my day...” logical fallacy, they have known this rule since high school..., what’s your beef, professional boxers and UFC fighters make a professional decision to forego the risk, and so has the NFL which applies the rule tighter than NCAA imo, questioning “targeting” on the TLaw play *is* dumb, and I like you cap but your argument is flawed.

You don’t like NCAA or NFL football don’t watch it.

That’s also a choice, but the idea these rules could be reversed is a non-starter...

The professional referee which I’m sure you categorize as an *apologist* was good enough for me and his logic was sound, good enough for me, and correct I thought.

If you think football should be played in a manner in which you can potentially end a players career, that’s sad, and you are detached from reality if you *argue* Tlaw lowered his head, go right ahead but I’ve seen the game 3-4 times including replay, and it’s just not factual.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: January 01, 2020, 09:36:06 PM »

Shaddap.

Ali shook later on too. But he was the GREATEST.
And it's sad he's no longer with us.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #3487 on: January 01, 2020, 09:39:44 PM »

And, like, we know about CTE now, the good old days were not ambivalent to science, they just didn’t have it, and btw, the rule is one reason a dad May let his kid play amateur football.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: January 01, 2020, 09:44:03 PM »

And I’m not making an argument, just laying out objective facts, not matters in dispute, I get nostagia for the way things *used to be* but I’m not going to endorse lousy practices...in a bang/bang play, bang you were in and bang you are gone, sfw??

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: January 01, 2020, 09:44:18 PM »

Have you ever driven from Vegas to Phoenix at sunset with a shower and lightning coming in?

My most interesting experience like that was driving East on the 40 at night about 20 years ago with lightning strikes visibly hitting the ground on both sides of the freeway.  While I was indeed impressed by the "Light Show," I was also scared s***less.   I have never been that scared inside the Rosebowl...even when UCLA actually threatened to win.  Therefore, I'm going to give the nod to watching the sunset at the Rosebowl out of those two experiences. 

Though tonight, I was completely happy watching scarlet and blue intermix over the Saddleback Mountain out my back window while watching the Rosebowl from our family room.

Great story, Troj.  Glad the PAC12 champs got the win.  Have a good night with the family and best wishes for the New 2020 Year.

Best thunder soun show?  On the Bosporus Straits in Turkei.  The thunder rolls for about 20 miles and overlaps with the earlier echoes.  Have never heard anything close like it since,
Saw that.from the prison, did you?
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3490 on: January 01, 2020, 11:36:54 PM »

And I’m not making an argument, just laying out objective facts, not matters in dispute, I get nostagia for the way things *used to be* but I’m not going to endorse lousy practices...in a bang/bang play, bang you were in and bang you are gone, sfw??

One of my friends had a sister married to a Purdue football player. Preseason his senior year in practice, gets hit while snapping the ball and his neck is broken. Died right on the practice field.
So no body ....
This list of college players killed while playing football does not match your story. Perhaps you have the wrong team? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_football_players_who_died_during_their_careers

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3491 on: January 02, 2020, 12:46:47 AM »

One of my friends had a sister married to a Purdue football player. Preseason his senior year in practice, gets hit while snapping the ball and his neck is broken. Died right on the practice field.
So no body ....
This list of college players killed while playing football does not match your story. Perhaps you have the wrong team? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_football_players_who_died_during_their_careers

Or he made it up.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: January 02, 2020, 08:42:39 AM »

Looking forward to days, if not weeks, of discussion about Walker's hit on Brewer last night.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3493 on: January 02, 2020, 10:47:54 AM »

Looking forward to days, if not weeks, of discussion about Walker's hit on Brewer last night.
I did not see much of the game, or that play, but I assume some stupid, stupid man will use one hit to argue that Georgia is a dirty team.

Methchicken people are accusing Alabama of running up the score. I had switched away from the end of the game, but I assume by "running up the score" they mean "continue to play football until the final whistle". You know how to stop someone from running up the score? Fucking tackle someone. For the record, Methchicken's starting QB threw a touchdown pass up by 4 touchdowns with 2:33 to play against us. I am pretty sure Pete.Carroll - or trojan - would have some thoughts on running up the score against Harbaugh as well.

Hard to beat someone who forces you into 4 turnovers. But Wisky's maligned by idiots who might as well still be blindfolded and buggered in a Turkish prison Defense held the Ducks to 204 total yards, 70 on the opening drive. One scoop and score.on a botched punt, two TDs on turnovers around the Wisky 30. Tough hole to climb out of, though tackling the quarterback would have helped.

The equally maligned by idiots who might as well still be blindfolded and buggered in a Turkish prison Gophers Defense did a great job against a God's Conference elite team -.well, defensively elite at least.

The Pure Prairie League had a rough bowl season. 1 and 5, including a loss to a Gang of Five team, with only Texas over the allegedly vacationing Utes.

Still one game involving Power 5 teams to play, but God's Conference dominated the bowl season this year. 6 - 2, including winning all three of its NY6 games.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2020, 11:41:51 AM by Hairy Lime »

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3494 on: January 02, 2020, 12:12:50 PM »

So, using the final CFP rankings and adding in Memphis an 8 team playoff would be
LSU
tOSU
Clem
Okla
Oregon
Georgia
Wisconsin
Memphis

The first question is how many of those teams could win three times?
Answer is only the top three
Next who would care to watch LSU beat Memphis or tOSU play Wisconsin a third time.?
Answer is not many.
Who would pay to travel to watch those games?
Answer is even fewer.

Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 329