Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250107 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #3510 on: January 02, 2020, 07:59:32 PM »

The poor taste is on me. As The Mqn Who Hires Welles put it, "An attempt at humor, I assume."
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: January 02, 2020, 09:46:01 PM »

You guys sound like idiots regarding the targeting rule, and *intent* has nothing to do with it when the action alone was egregious, like the TLaw hit, I knew that guy was gone from the first replay.

They both should have been ejected so tOSU got off light IMO, other dude threw a punch...wtf?

It’s a good rule, helmet to helmet play is never, ever excusable, so dumb.

You guys, I thought, were better than that, so fucking dumb.

Shaddap.

The Earl Campbell/Jack Tatum collision is one of the best plays I've ever seen. Two men playing football. Hundreds, no, probably thousands of like hits throughout college football history. Never see that great stuff ever again.

It’s me tho, basically you are making the “get off my lawn”/“In my day...” logical fallacy, they have known this rule since high school..., what’s your beef, professional boxers and UFC fighters make a professional decision to forego the risk, and so has the NFL which applies the rule tighter than NCAA imo, questioning “targeting” on the TLaw play *is* dumb, and I like you cap but your argument is flawed.

You don’t like NCAA or NFL football don’t watch it.

That’s also a choice, but the idea these rules could be reversed is a non-starter...

The professional referee which I’m sure you categorize as an *apologist* was good enough for me and his logic was sound, good enough for me, and correct I thought.

If you think football should be played in a manner in which you can potentially end a players career, that’s sad, and you are detached from reality if you *argue* Tlaw lowered his head, go right ahead but I’ve seen the game 3-4 times including replay, and it’s just not factual.

I like you too JB.

But don't tell me if I don't like it, it is their ball and go home.

I think football was a man's sport back in the day. Now it's a don't get hurt rules sport. Cover everyone in nerf and be done with it. Vegetarians are of the same ilk. Screw them I'm eating meat and I also want my football to be mean ass hard hitting.

Potentially? Every play is potentially career ending. Play real football. Eat real meat, fuck Burger King.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: January 02, 2020, 09:48:41 PM »

You guys sound like idiots regarding the targeting rule, and *intent* has nothing to do with it when the action alone was egregious, like the TLaw hit, I knew that guy was gone from the first replay.

They both should have been ejected so tOSU got off light IMO, other dude threw a punch...wtf?

It’s a good rule, helmet to helmet play is never, ever excusable, so dumb.

You guys, I thought, were better than that, so fucking dumb.

Shaddap.

The Earl Campbell/Jack Tatum collision is one of the best plays I've ever seen. Two men playing football. Hundreds, no, probably thousands of like hits throughout college football history. Never see that great stuff ever again.
That Jack Tatum died young and Earl Campbell can barely walk is probably an argument that those that don't think that stuff was great can make.

Ali shook later on too. But he was the GREATEST.
And it's sad he's no longer with us.

Nobody lives forever. He earned his glory and legend. May he rest in piece.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: January 02, 2020, 10:55:45 PM »

Close to 40 years ago, a guy I knew destroyed his leg  and his future during an idiotic "football" drill at Ohio State. Google "Curt Curtis Ohio State".

YG,  Did Mr. Curtis ever receive any compensation from OSU?
I don't know.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: January 03, 2020, 12:35:04 AM »

Ontongeny recapitulates phylogeny.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: January 03, 2020, 10:29:16 AM »

Ontongeny recapitulates phylogeny.
And vice versa. Metaphorically..

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: January 03, 2020, 12:17:30 PM »

The poor taste is on me. As The Mqn Who Hires Welles put it, "An attempt at humor, I assume."

As a joke it was funny.   If it were true...not so much.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: January 03, 2020, 01:59:44 PM »

Shocked - shocked! - to see that Chase Young is turning pro.

God's Conference went 7 - 2 in its bowls.

The South Atlantic League may have been even worse than the Pure Prairie Leaguez in some ways. While they won four games, only two of their wins were.against Power 5 teams, and they suffered 3 losses to Gang of.5.teams, including yesterday's beatdown of BC. The take all year was that the SAL was ClemSIN and some turds, and the bowl season bore that out.

PAWCP finished above .500 but that was in part to their playing Illinois and frankly if you cannot beat Illinois you have no business in a bowl game.

Last night's.exhibition of Recapitulation Theory left the Big Whatever below ,500 overall, and in their head to head matchups with God's Conference.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: January 03, 2020, 03:21:57 PM »

Actually, no, your lack of humor makes your comment the stupidest comment of the new decade. But you are a stupid, stupid man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: January 03, 2020, 04:56:30 PM »

And its all because I lack a sense of humour!
I am glad you can admit it.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: January 04, 2020, 01:03:50 PM »

Twenty five or so years ago, I used to think internet forums held the promise for intelligent discussion of opposing concepts.  I think I badly misjudged how they would be used.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: January 04, 2020, 01:39:15 PM »

Twenty five or so years ago, I used to think internet forums held the promise for intelligent discussion of opposing concepts.  I think I badly misjudged how they would be used.
Amen Brother Ben!

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: January 04, 2020, 01:48:00 PM »

Internet forums are weaponized talk radio.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: January 04, 2020, 06:06:02 PM »

Who's going to enforce those rules?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3524 on: January 04, 2020, 06:13:35 PM »

Well then, except for the castration thing, it should be easy.
Pages: 1 ... 233 234 [235] 236 237 ... 329