Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 247237 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #3540 on: January 10, 2020, 01:54:48 PM »

Nobody was locked in.

But you're right, assholes that want to fuck off and not take practice seriously should not be punished. Else their somewhat famous, asshole, daddy will scream bloody murder. Poor poor fucking asshole/s.
A diagnosed concussion and doctor's orders to not practice equals "asshole[] that want to fuck off and not take practice seriously." Got it.

That's why Mike let the boy stay in a darkened , quiet controlled environment--just in case.   Isn't that exactly what you are supposed to do for a concussion protocol?  :0

Sorry, but I side more with Casey on this one.  Craig James was an A-Hole before and after this incident.
Yes to that last part.

We have learned more about concussion treatment and the dangers of CTE in the last 10 years.  But even then, throw him into a darkened room for a few hours probably wasn't the prescribed treatment. And I doubt Leach would do it now.
Well, it made me sick to see it; and I was sorry for them poor pitiful rascals, it seemed like I couldn't ever feel any hardness against them any more in the world. It was a dreadful thing to see. Human beings CAN be awful cruel to one another.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: January 10, 2020, 05:17:18 PM »

That's an average of 4 years each.  I'll stand by my assertion.  He had pretty much worn out his welcome at each place before he left. Notwithstanding the one Super Bowl appearance (which you really do have to give him credit for), he never quite lives up to the expectations that he leads fans to believe he will achieve when he arrives and then he grates on them and the organization with his odd behavior and demanding personality.

About as wrong as you ever could be

Peace, bro

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: January 10, 2020, 05:43:50 PM »

That's an average of 4 years each.  I'll stand by my assertion.  He had pretty much worn out his welcome at each place before he left. Notwithstanding the one Super Bowl appearance (which you really do have to give him credit for), he never quite lives up to the expectations that he leads fans to believe he will achieve when he arrives and then he grates on them and the organization with his odd behavior and demanding personality.

About as wrong as you ever could be

Peace, bro

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I don't take it personally that you disagree.    We live on opposite sides of this track.  Most everyone I know agrees with me.  I know he also has his supporters or he would not keep getting hired.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: January 11, 2020, 05:23:16 AM »

THE still sucks dead rats

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: January 11, 2020, 08:08:20 PM »

ClemSIN 38, the Louisiana State University 35

I love both of these offenses. Skill all across the board,.great receivers, great running backs. I like ClemWINS defenses -  keeping the typo  - tLSU has had.some issues. Well, not the last game of course. Burreaux has been magic this year, and I have the football mancrush on Edwards-Hilaire, but in the end, I think Etienne is the difference.
Well, it made me sick to see it; and I was sorry for them poor pitiful rascals, it seemed like I couldn't ever feel any hardness against them any more in the world. It was a dreadful thing to see. Human beings CAN be awful cruel to one another.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3545 on: January 11, 2020, 09:42:03 PM »

Re:Leach...it must be more money.  Though he has shown signs of fatigue at WSU the last two years.  I think he is the kind of guy that wears out his welcome...a bit like Jim Harbaugh?
I think the Palouse is beautiful, but it has to be hard to convince kids to come there.

No word on if he is bringing his old Texas Tech "lock them in a storage room till they stop being pussies about it" concussion protocol to Starkville.

Nobody was locked in.

But you're right, assholes that want to fuck off and not take practice seriously should not be punished. Else their somewhat famous, asshole, daddy will scream bloody murder. Poor poor fucking asshole/s.
A diagnosed concussion and doctor's orders to not practice equals "asshole[] that want to fuck off and not take practice seriously." Got it.

Disrupting practice and grabassing, distracting from practice. Yes, ASSHOLE. Got told to GTFO of here. Good for Leach. Kid should have told his dad to butt the fuck out. Like a man.

Got it.

What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: January 11, 2020, 09:44:28 PM »

Re:Leach...it must be more money.  Though he has shown signs of fatigue at WSU the last two years.  I think he is the kind of guy that wears out his welcome...a bit like Jim Harbaugh?
I think the Palouse is beautiful, but it has to be hard to convince kids to come there.

No word on if he is bringing his old Texas Tech "lock them in a storage room till they stop being pussies about it" concussion protocol to Starkville.

Nobody was locked in.

Disrupting practice and grabassing, distracting from practice. Yes, ASSHOLE. Got told to GTFO of here. Good for Leach. Kid should have told his dad to butt the fuck out. Like a man.

Got it.
An asshole with a concussion has a concussion.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: January 11, 2020, 09:55:57 PM »

The only way to get to the Cheez-It Bowl is by being a hard-ass.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: January 11, 2020, 10:13:14 PM »

The only way to get to the Cheez-It Bowl is by being a hard-ass.
Well, I had the offer of a free ticket.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: January 11, 2020, 10:22:38 PM »

"What time does tonight's Cheez-It Bowl start?"

"Well, what time can you get here?"
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: January 11, 2020, 11:35:13 PM »

Another OSU alum, now a coach, upstages another Harbaugh.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: January 13, 2020, 11:25:51 AM »

What time is the game tonight?  I like Ed O and I hope they can change the narrative of the past several years by dialing one up.  I might turn it on later and watch some of it.  But I'm not going to make a night of it.    My daughter has dance until 6:45 PST and I'm going to work until I need to pick her up.  College ball has lost some of its luster to me with the transfer portal and kids not playing in bowls etc.  This is why I stopped watching the NFL 15 or so years ago.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: January 13, 2020, 01:06:32 PM »

What time is the game tonight?  I like Ed O and I hope they can change the narrative of the past several years by dialing one up.  I might turn it on later and watch some of it.  But I'm not going to make a night of it.    My daughter has dance until 6:45 PST and I'm going to work until I need to pick her up.  College ball has lost some of its luster to me with the transfer portal and kids not playing in bowls etc.  This is why I stopped watching the NFL 15 or so years ago.
5:00 pst though kick off is probably 15 minutes later. I suggest moving with your daughter to Yonkers in order to get home in time for kickoff.

Don't understand the hate for the transfer portal. If a kid wants to transfer, why not let him make that known?

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: January 13, 2020, 01:07:19 PM »

I suspect a USC revival of fortunes would get you excited again. 😀
As to your earlier complaint about the lack of civility on message boards. I am moving on to a Big Ten Board where I will be the moderator. The platform is solid and is backed down  by strict anti/flaming guidelines.
Fight On!

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: January 13, 2020, 05:29:15 PM »

Can a player go in the transfer portal and then still return to his team?
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 329