Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 247233 times)

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #3615 on: February 08, 2020, 11:34:10 AM »

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: February 10, 2020, 12:49:41 PM »

Fickell says NO to Michigan State.
Add Sparty to the growing list of Fickell “ thanks but no thanks”,
Baylor, Florida State, Mississippi State, Arkansas , and before them was it was West Virginia, Louisville, and Maryland a year ago.
Guess he likes Cincinnati.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 01:05:01 PM by Espnthree »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: February 10, 2020, 03:23:04 PM »

There are whispers that the odd timing of Dantonio's departure was to close out top level candidates who would be unwilling to change jobs at this point in order to force the job to Tressell Lite.

Failed Arkansas coach Bielema is now the rumored hot candidate.
Well, it made me sick to see it; and I was sorry for them poor pitiful rascals, it seemed like I couldn't ever feel any hardness against them any more in the world. It was a dreadful thing to see. Human beings CAN be awful cruel to one another.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: February 11, 2020, 07:42:37 AM »

I am kind of thinking we go with Tressell Lite for a year, 2020 looks like a lost season anyway (not that I will not pick us to be Eventual 2020-2021 National Champion Michigan State). We can restart the search next year.
Well, it made me sick to see it; and I was sorry for them poor pitiful rascals, it seemed like I couldn't ever feel any hardness against them any more in the world. It was a dreadful thing to see. Human beings CAN be awful cruel to one another.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: February 12, 2020, 07:14:45 AM »

Tucker changes his mind.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: February 13, 2020, 05:29:31 PM »

So with Mel Tucker as the head coach I see no reason why we cannot go 12 - 0 in 2020.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #3622 on: February 14, 2020, 06:51:44 PM »

I was not impressed with Tucker at CU.  But I have to admit I was not watching it all that closely.  Maybe there were things happening that were not making it to the surface yet.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3623 on: February 14, 2020, 08:07:32 PM »

Nick Saban has hired him 3 times. That has to mean something. Also, he is not Bert Beliema.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: February 20, 2020, 05:03:52 PM »

Spartans bring back the bang stick! Harlan Barnett, architect of the No Fly Zone is going to coach the secondary again.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3625 on: February 20, 2020, 05:09:48 PM »

Sorry, that's Da Bang.Stick. I watched a couple of his old highlights on youtube, and.all I could think of was, that'll get you suspended now.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3627 on: February 26, 2020, 04:35:41 PM »

Trojanhorse-

https://thespun.com/pac-12/usc/usc-pac-12-independent-realignment

Is USC a member of the Association of American Universities? Asking for a friend.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3628 on: February 27, 2020, 07:24:24 AM »

Trojanhorse-

Is USC a member of the Association of American Universities? Asking for a friend.
University of  Southern California
Academic affiliations
AAU
NAICU
APRU

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3629 on: February 27, 2020, 07:40:22 AM »

Trojanhorse-

University of  Southern California
Academic affiliations
AAU
NAICU
APRU
So are, among others, Cal,.UCLA, Oregon, Arizona and Colorado.  LA and Denver would be interesting markets should, oh, a Midwestern Conference with an eye to growth of its TV footprint look to expand.

Though USC is a private college which does not really fit the culture.
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 329