Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250038 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #3675 on: August 10, 2020, 03:30:43 PM »

On Monday, Trump tweeted: "The student-athletes have been working too hard for their season to be cancelled. #WeWantToPlay."
The season is officially fucked.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: August 11, 2020, 03:10:29 PM »

On Monday, Trump tweeted: "The student-athletes have been working too hard for their season to be cancelled. #WeWantToPlay."
The season is officially fucked.

Welcome to March Madness2

B1G  cancels fall football season and hopes to have a spring season.

barton

« Reply #3677 on: August 17, 2020, 12:47:15 PM »

Iowa and Nebraska will reportedly play each other 10 times.

Heh.  Family down in Lincoln report wailing and rending of garments.  Nebraska has no major league teams or other sports franchises to speak of (well, there's a minor league Royals farm team, I guess, which used to be called the Royals, but then changed name to Storm Chasers for reason unclear to me), Big Red is pretty much the Big Thing.  A lot of money flowed through Lincoln on home game weekends, so there are tremors of fear through many businesses. 

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: August 18, 2020, 05:36:47 PM »

As a nation we have lost our balls.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: August 18, 2020, 07:55:41 PM »

Cap if the cost of beating this disease, and saving tens of thousands of lives, and other related pain and suffering, (health and economic) is one lost football season, is that too high a price? Is that too much of a sacrifice to ask?

I really think if we had shut down in July and stayed shutdown for about 2 months there would have been a good chance kids all over the country preschool to college could have safely return to schools maybe by mid-late September, parents wouldn't have to make gut wrenching choices, and maybe we could start returning to some normalcy.

But we couldn't even do that.

We didn't lose our balls, we lost our fucking common sense.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: August 18, 2020, 08:08:39 PM »

Ah, Capn' made the same post when football teams started wearing helmets.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: August 19, 2020, 01:21:16 PM »

Ah, Capn' made the same post when football teams started wearing helmets.
😁😁

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: August 19, 2020, 01:22:02 PM »

Land Muffin confirms he is a major league asshole

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: August 19, 2020, 01:23:10 PM »

Lane Kiffin!!!!! Freaking word thingy

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: August 19, 2020, 01:24:03 PM »

WTF is a Land Muffin

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: August 19, 2020, 01:51:14 PM »

WTF is a Land Muffin
I propose we all adopt "Land Muffin" as Lane Kiffin's Elban name.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: August 20, 2020, 02:31:33 AM »

WTF is a Land Muffin
😂😂

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: August 24, 2020, 06:34:42 PM »

I see the preseason AP poll is out. Looks like if they go unbeaten, The is a shoe in for the #2 seed, at worst.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: August 24, 2020, 07:32:48 PM »

Cap if the cost of beating this disease, and saving tens of thousands of lives, and other related pain and suffering, (health and economic) is one lost football season, is that too high a price? Is that too much of a sacrifice to ask?

I really think if we had shut down in July and stayed shutdown for about 2 months there would have been a good chance kids all over the country preschool to college could have safely return to schools maybe by mid-late September, parents wouldn't have to make gut wrenching choices, and maybe we could start returning to some normalcy.

But we couldn't even do that.

We didn't lose our balls, we lost our fucking common sense.

It's a new age, and by some ways of thinking you're right Rich. If we're willing to change the paradigm of how the human race lives from now on you're right. Sports is history the way it was. Mankind is now going to drop, duck and cover anytime a new virus cuts loose. Social gatherings will be gone. Wearing masks will be permanent from this point on. And as science develops will we all become bubble people in the future. No contact whatsoever. Assuming Science, mankind's new religion, doesn't eliminate all virus anytime soon.

It's a flu bug. Flu kills people, that's nothing new. This one kills a lot more than the regular flu bug because we have no vaccine for it. This bug is no stronger than than any of the rest more or less. We just don't have a shot for it. Will we shut the country down every time a new strain of the flu comes along? The answer is probably yes. Is this the new future for mankind? Again probably yes.

Me personally, I'd rather take my chances and live the way I always have. But I have to think of the other chickenshits I know that. So I follow the rules and gripe about it. But I follow the rules, because law is ,"supposedly", what sets us above the animals.

Nobody was forced to get the flu shots before. Voluntary. Nobody was forced to wear masks in the beginning of this one. VOLUNTARY. The flu was a killer too of the old farts like you and I. Why is this flu somehow different? Where. how and when, did we cross over into the "new world". I dunno, but we're in it.

Bottomline freedom has always been an illusion. So i'm just bitchin because it hasn't been outlawed. Yet.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: August 24, 2020, 07:34:50 PM »

WTF is a Land Muffin

Okay, sounds good. Can't have football. Might as well do this, beat picking your nose.

But not by much.
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 329