Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250301 times)

bosox26d

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #3825 on: October 25, 2020, 02:59:21 PM »

LOL Bo, you are absolutely right. The pylon IS THE PLANE of the end zone. How does the ball touch the ground (OUT OF BOUNDS) and then hit the pylon only the replay moron knows. Replay is good for the game and bad call get made. 

But it shouldn't have been that close to begin with. Penn State played like shit and they lost. Good for the Indiana players.
I agree it was a bad call. The ball did indeed hit the ground before the pylon

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: October 25, 2020, 03:04:10 PM »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: October 25, 2020, 03:54:36 PM »

LOL Bo, you are absolutely right. The pylon IS THE PLANE of the end zone. How does the ball touch the ground (OUT OF BOUNDS) and then hit the pylon only the replay moron knows. Replay is good for the game and bad call get made. 

But it shouldn't have been that close to begin with. Penn State played like shit and they lost. Good for the Indiana players.
Nose of the ball crossed the plane before the ass of the ball touched out of bounds.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: October 25, 2020, 06:41:04 PM »

Nose of the ball crossed the plane before the ass of the ball touched out of bounds.

LOL

So you’re claiming the ball actually crossed the goal line in bounds, came backwards as to avoid clipping the corner of the pylon before hitting the flat face of the pylon despite all momentum traveling the opposite direction. Yea no.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 07:03:36 PM by CaptainCargo »
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: October 25, 2020, 08:04:50 PM »

LOL

So you’re claiming the ball actually crossed the goal line in bounds, came backwards as to avoid clipping the corner of the pylon before hitting the flat face of the pylon despite all momentum traveling the opposite direction. Yea no.
No. You are ignoring the sideways momentum.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: October 25, 2020, 08:33:11 PM »

LOL

No. You are ignoring the sideways momentum.

Sideways momentum?

Making stuff up? Sideways is not backwards. You can't change the laws of physics just because you thought up a goofy term. LOL

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: October 25, 2020, 09:12:14 PM »

Replay showed the nose of the ball over the goal line. Argue all the "physics" you want, Captain Dunning-Kreuger, the officials, who unlike you had no skin in the issue, looked at those replays and upheld the call.  Because that is what the replays showed.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: October 25, 2020, 09:18:19 PM »

Replay showed the nose of the ball over the goal line. Argue all the "physics" you want, Captain Dunning-Kreuger, the officials, who unlike you had no skin in the issue, looked at those replays and upheld the call.  Because that is what the replays showed.

It showed no such thing. I don't "need" to argue physics. Physics speaks for itself. It isn't courtroom hocus pocus bait and switch.

They upheld the call because they "apparently" couldn't be sure. That's their excuse and they are sticking to it. A convenient out that the replay rules supply for them.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: October 25, 2020, 09:29:11 PM »

It showed no such thing. I don't "need" to argue physics. Physics speaks for itself. It isn't courtroom hocus pocus bait and switch.

They upheld the call because they "apparently" couldn't be sure. That's their excuse and they are sticking to it. A convenient out that the replay rules supply for them.
So... the refs who unlike you are independent, not partisan and rigorously trained in the use and interpretation of video replays, deliberately decided to award the game to IU because... reasons!

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: October 25, 2020, 10:18:25 PM »

You're not as stupid as you look.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: October 29, 2020, 04:37:44 PM »

Looking for normalcy, or some semblance of the old normal.

Eventual 2020-21 National Champion Michigan State 27, Meatchicken 21

We cannot possibly turn the ball over 7 times again. Can we?* I had Minnesota on my “over rated based on last year and it is not last year anymore” list, so the Meat’s domination of them was not a total surprise. I though Lombardi played reasonably well, though I still expect the Day to come, and soon, when he is replaced. It is really hard to get a handle on how good (or bad) MSU is because the turnovers hide offensive function and give the defense short fields to defend. We outgained Rutgers, for whatever that is worth. (I also did not see the game) By now, you guys should know that I am taking Michigan State in this game if we were running out an 8th grade flag football team.

the 35, the Pennsylvania State University 13

The PSU game, on the other hand, I did see. Granted, PSU dominated the stat line against IU, but they still did not play that well. I don’t think the IUD is impenetrable, and PSU’s failure to penetrate it makes my less than confident about their ability to score much against the. I just see too much of their offense as serviceable. As for the, I do worry that they lack the type of stellar running back that has powered all of their best teams. Teague just doesn’t have the vision to be that guy. Still, I think they have a big talent edge, on both sides of the ball.

Hard to believe this is the only game between ranked opponents this week. I am not sure that there are even any interesting games, or even close ones, so most of the games are chalk here.

Texas 27, Oklahoma State 26

Probably the second best game of the day. OSU has a pretty good defense, but I am disappointed in their offense. Texas is not that good; I felt they had some good things ahead with Hermann, but that is not the way it is panning out. I expect the Pure Prairie League to wind up a morass of two and three loss teams. 

Indiana 23, Rutgers 7

Congratulations Rutgers on your first Big However Many win in three year.  But MSU is not going to com fumbling through that door.

ClemSIN 55, Boston College 10

I have seen nothing of BC that makes me think that they can stand up against ClemSIN much beyond the opening kickoff. Maybe ClemSIN takes its foot off the gas late, but I don’t think so. Unlesss of course Lawrence tests positive for.COVID, in which case ClemSIN might only win by 20.

Oklahoma 24, Texas Tech 17

I suppose if there is a top 25 upset on the board, this would be it. Oklahoma has been way on the underside of whelming this year, and I think their being ranked at this point is more muscle memory than anything else.

Kansas State 17, West Virginia 16

Oddly, I have seen a bit of Morgantown School of Applied Technology this year. And while I tend to use Pure Prairie League games as background for naps anyway, they have been an unexciting team. Not that KSU is eye popping. This whole league is mediocre.

Memphis 35, Cincinnati 30

Luke Fickell will regret not taking that MSU job. Maybe not today but someday, soon, and for the rest of his life. I’ll go with Memphis’s offensive power over the lightly tested Cinci D.

Our Lady of the Perpetual Tie 37, Georgia Tech 13

I don’t think OLotPT is all that good, but they are better than Georgia Tech.

Georgia 27, Kentucky 14

Again, a crappy slate of games. I am not impressed with Georgia offensively to date.

Wisconsin COVID-19, Nebraska 0

Boy, Nebraska keeps screaming about the effect COVID has had on their season, don’t they. They should consider themselves lucky for not playing Wisky.

PAWCP comes back next week, praise be.

* Yes. Yes we can.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 09:23:28 PM by Hairy Lime »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: October 29, 2020, 09:24:58 PM »

Lawrence out for at least one week with a positive COVOD test.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: October 29, 2020, 10:10:41 PM »

Fuck that - TWO weeks!

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: October 29, 2020, 11:32:51 PM »

Good grief!  Do I have to explain again that the Zoom lense on these TV cameras distort the depth
perception so much that you have no idea where the tip of the football (hidden by the rest of the ball) was before the ball hit the ground and pylon!

IMHO, the  replay official upheld the call because he could not with any certainty say the tip of the ball did not touch the plane (I disagree with the rule as written and the fact that the runner lost control of the ball, in my thinking, would result in a fumble out of bounds, but that's another battle).  If the official on the field had ruled no conversion, the replay official would have gone along with that call (although, being on the Hoosier home turf....)

the official was in the right position and place to make a good call, his depth perception was not distorted by his eyeballs  zooming in, the runner was a good distance from the sideline so this official looked to be locked in on the extended ball which the runner was stretching out two strides away.....therefore, I would say the call was most likely correct and the ruling on the field was correctly upheld.

If another video surfaces with a better look.....

I also think the Lion defender could have taken a better angle to the ball carrier and knock the ball into the empty cheap seats.
Harry pointed all that out  and in a lot fewer words.
What was the most significant part of the play was Michael Penix, a left handed QB, switching the ball to his right hand before diving for the goal line. The only chance he had to score
Modify message

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: October 30, 2020, 08:46:51 AM »

Fuck that - TWO weeks!

My bad - Notre Dame game next Saturday.  I'd expect Trevor to be in there.  But Clemson talks a good game re:  safety, dont they?
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 329