Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 258676 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #4005 on: January 02, 2021, 06:34:32 PM »

cap remains CTE's biggest fan.

Etienne is a better running back than Harris. The's success in limiting him - and being able to tee off on Jennifer Lawrence, had more to do with being up three scores. If they get up three scores on Bama, they can shut down Harris and.rush Jones hard too. I just don't see the getting that kind of separation. Of course I didn't see that against ClemSIN either.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #4006 on: January 02, 2021, 06:38:53 PM »

Trojans sign Korey Foreman, 24/7's #1 high school prospect.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4007 on: January 02, 2021, 06:56:17 PM »

The Tide OL is way better than Clemson's. The success in limiting Etienne(Who is not really that much better than Harris if he is at all) was for the whole game as the Tiger OL couldn't make any holes. Easy to see that part. Yes in the end the teeing off was partly due to the score. But the building blocks for that were set in the first half.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4008 on: January 02, 2021, 06:58:24 PM »

Trojans sign Korey Foreman, 24/7's #1 high school prospect.

Congrats Scotty. How is their class overall?

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4009 on: January 02, 2021, 07:15:16 PM »

Clemson's complete lack of a running game allowed OSU to do things with their CBs and safeties that they will not be able to do with Bama. In the second half the Buck's defense was ignoring the rush wholesale and the DE's were teeing off on Lawrence. If the Buckeyed defense can control the LOS like they did against the Tigers without keeping their safeties up they can win this game. But they can't and they probably won't. 

Bama's defense, while better than Clemson's will have to deal with some really brilliant offensive strategy applied by them against the Tigers. The OSU offensive braintrust beat Venables at his own game. Or more to the point of not letting him play his game. Venables likes to steal signs. And he's very VERY good at it. The Buckeyes simply didn't afford him that opportunity and caught the Tigers flatfooted numerous times. The Buckeyes won't be able to apply that strategy against Saban's D. That's not to say the Buckeyes can't score on the Tide D. Frankly Bama's defense has some fleas. They aren't glaring but they are there at times. Bama will score and sadly for Buckeye fans OSU's defense won't stop them. Just how much OSU scores to answer back is really the whole ballgame here.

So the $64,000.00 question here is, "Just how hurt is Justin Fields?" That old style football hit was vicious! Now it's a penalty according to the pussies that make the rules. If Fields can take a hit then the Buckeyes have a real shot in this game. If he's wounded and it shows that's going to allow Saban do do some things on defense that will really make it hard for OSU.

Cap that hit last night was "spearing" and spearing has been outlawed for almost 50 years.

The pussies back in the 70s, like Woody and Bo, and Bear knew it was dirty and dangerous and banned it.

It was a dirty hit by the Clemson guy.

There's no place in the game for that shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4010 on: January 02, 2021, 08:00:12 PM »

Absolutely loved that hit. That wouldn't have been a penalty in the 30's, 40's,50's, 60's, 70's,80's

So there was once a place for it for over a half century. 

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4011 on: January 02, 2021, 08:05:04 PM »

Watched professional rugby today. Men still playing like men. Nice.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4012 on: January 02, 2021, 08:20:43 PM »

And not one rugby player leads with his head.

if they did they'd be playing wheelchair rugby.

If they were lucky.

Spearing, which was what that was, was banned, almost 50 years ago,

It was a dirty and dangerous play pure and simple.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #4013 on: January 02, 2021, 09:34:22 PM »

[quote ]
Congrats Scotty. How is their class overall?

#8 currently on 247
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4014 on: January 02, 2021, 09:44:09 PM »

Absolutely loved that hit. That wouldn't have been a penalty in the 30's, 40's,50's, 60's, 70's,80's

So there was severe lasting chronic brain injuries because of it for over a half century.
fify

« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 10:02:39 PM by Hairy Lime »
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4015 on: January 02, 2021, 09:48:54 PM »

Whether or not such a hit would have been penalized in the days of yore seems irrelevant to me.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4016 on: January 02, 2021, 10:12:20 PM »

You used to be able to clothesline defenseless receivers. Night Train Lane made a career of it. Brutal shit that is designed to injure should be outlawed. And frequently is. Like chopping at a lineman's knees.

How long has that type of hit been illegal? It is not a good football play, any more than a face mask tackle is.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 03:55:52 AM by Hairy Lime »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4017 on: January 03, 2021, 04:29:18 PM »

Why would Haskins be a warning for Fields? Anymore than, say, Tanner Magnum would be a warning for Zach Wilson?

Hit from the ClemSIN kid was a crown down hit. Does not have to be defenseless. That is always illegal.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4018 on: January 03, 2021, 04:41:48 PM »

And not one rugby player leads with his head.

if they did they'd be playing wheelchair rugby.

If they were lucky.

Spearing, which was what that was, was banned, almost 50 years ago,

It was a dirty and dangerous play pure and simple.

This spearing crap is so overblown. Calling that spearing is just plain wrong. That would not have been a penalty in my day. When I played that would have just been a great tackle. That's how we played, if you couldn't take it you either went and sat the bench or quit. No way in hell that play was flagged. No effing way.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4019 on: January 03, 2021, 04:46:52 PM »

Whether or not such a hit would have been penalized in the days of yore seems irrelevant to me.

Great it seems irrelevant to you. Doesn't change the fact that it wouldn't be a penalty. It was friggin football.

The world can cry me a river about it and I just don't give a @#it. Or to put it nice like you do, it's irrelevant to me.

You're a classy guy YG I've always been the first to say that. And I'm...well... I'm not.
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 329