Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250191 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #4065 on: January 12, 2021, 10:28:11 AM »

Not much reason to watch after the raised the white flag with about 1:30 left before the half.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: January 12, 2021, 12:16:12 PM »

That seemed all too easy.

OSU player pulling a cheap ankle twisting. LOL

They reward that at ZeroState, Cap, didn't you know?

Chris Spielman had it down to a T, that and getting off the pile last to jig up his tackle totals!
 ZeroState is The Culture of Cheapness in college football.
I know you are a college football guy, Deej, so I'll just mark this down as trolling.  Spielman remains the best college linebacker I've ever seen. 
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: January 12, 2021, 02:04:49 PM »

Justin Fields was the offensive star award winner in the B1G but his leadership off the field greatly helped the league overturn its disastrous decision to cancel the season. Fields became the spokesperson for the players in fighting to play. He started an online petition that got 250,000 signatures in a day. Before long it sank in on the rest of the key league leaders that without a season the B1G might suffer harm that would takes years to overcome.  The idea that the SEC, ACC(with Notre Dame) and the Big12 would be seen on TV while the B1G would not gave coaches and their recruiting staffs nightmares.
Especially Ryan Day at tOSU, the only BIgTen school to match Nick Saban in  attracting top talent from all corners of the country.*
Finally the season was saved and a decision retired Commissioner Jim Delaney would never even have  considered was overturned. It even convinced the moribund PAC 12 to play as well.

The BigTen wound up in the B1G game and kept its recruiting power on a par with Alabama.

* Their Uniforms Say Ohio State and Alabama. The Players Are From Everywhere.
Wall Street Journal, January 10, 2020

« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 02:09:07 PM by Espnthree »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: January 12, 2021, 03:19:24 PM »

Just because Spielman was good doesn't mean he didn't play dirty when he was so inclined.

You said he inflated his tackle numbers by jumping on the pile.  That's laughable and incorrect. I suggest you go back and look at the films.

I don't think he was any dirtier than any other great MLB.

But don't talk to me about "kill shots" and targeting.  I abhor them as I've made clear.  You need to talk to Cap'n about his abiding love for them.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 03:27:53 PM by Yankguy1 »
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: January 12, 2021, 04:11:17 PM »

My daughter goes to Michigan.  I have no love for Ohio State.  My son went to Northwestern. I have no love for Ohio State.  I went to Maryland.  I have no love for Ohio State.  And to top it off: my ex went to Ohio State.  I have no love for Ohio State.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: January 12, 2021, 04:48:01 PM »

My daughter goes to Michigan.  I have no love for Ohio State.  My son went to Northwestern. I have no love for Ohio State.  I went to Maryland.  I have no love for Ohio State.  And to top it off: my ex went to Ohio State.  I have no love for Ohio State.
It is just dj's normal anti OSU hard on. He can never give them their earned due.

For what it is worth the greatest college linebackers of all time were George Webster, Brad Van Pelt and Percy Snow. And I am aware Van Pelt and Webster were hybrid safety/linebackers in college. In today's game they would be considered linebackers, like Isaiah Simmons.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4071 on: January 12, 2021, 06:40:04 PM »

Van Pelt wasn’t 6’11, but he was a great athlete and for a long while was the best player on some awful Giants’ teams.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: January 12, 2021, 08:09:22 PM »

Oh.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: January 12, 2021, 10:19:37 PM »

Oh.
BVP was 6' 5". But to be fair, women have been lying to dj about how big 6 inches is all his adult life.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: January 13, 2021, 09:13:45 AM »

I'd like to see that program. He was always listed as 6'5 with the Giants. 

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4075 on: January 13, 2021, 09:29:45 AM »

A joke of a season ends with a joke of a game. Pitiful just Pitiful

A joke of a sport, which functionally exists only for the purpose of stealing $$$$$$.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: January 13, 2021, 09:31:19 AM »

I have no love for Ohio, let alone Ohio State.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: January 13, 2021, 10:36:46 AM »

Oh.
BVP was 6' 5". But to be fair, women have been lying to dj about how big 6 inches is all his adult life.

He was listed as 6'8, 235 in the program.  But it is true that heights and weights were augmented
to increase the physicality of athletes.  Women may have lied, but the men never did, big boy!
I clearly botched the landing on that joke.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: January 13, 2021, 09:56:15 PM »

Looking back on the COVID-19 College Football Season:

“ Coronavirus doomsayers slammed college football for moving ahead with the season, with one “expert” even claiming that up to seven would die by the end of the season.

Others  also predicted many more would end up hospitalized thanks to the decision to keep playing.

Well.

The college football season ended last weekend, and in retrospect, no one died from the virus, nor was anyone even hospitalized with symptoms.

So much for the “experts.”

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: January 13, 2021, 10:53:25 PM »

Looking back on the COVID-19 College Football Season:

“ Coronavirus doomsayers slammed college football for moving ahead with the season, with one “expert” even claiming that up to seven would die by the end of the season.

Others  also predicted many more would end up hospitalized thanks to the decision to keep playing.

Well.

The college football season ended last weekend, and in retrospect, no one died from the virus, nor was anyone even hospitalized with symptoms.

So much for the “experts.”

Your'e a fucking idiot.

About 24 million Americans have been infected and about 400,000 have died becasue of the disease.

You have no evidence how many people were infected or how the virus spread on college campuses or by football players, as there was no contact tracing.

So just STFU

Your stupidity can spread and it is deadly.
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 329