Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250705 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #4080 on: January 14, 2021, 08:42:23 AM »

Red demonstrating how football is more important than people dying.

The lucid thoughts of a lunatic.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4081 on: January 14, 2021, 07:20:57 PM »

Looking back on the COVID-19 College Football Season:

“ Coronavirus doomsayers slammed college football for moving ahead with the season, with one “expert” even claiming that up to seven would die by the end of the season.

Others  also predicted many more would end up hospitalized thanks to the decision to keep playing.

Well.

The college football season ended last weekend, and in retrospect, no one died from the virus, nor was anyone even hospitalized with symptoms.

So much for the “experts.”

Your'e a fucking idiot.

About 24 million Americans have been infected and about 400,000 have died becasue of the disease.

You have no evidence how many people were infected or how the virus spread on college campuses or by football players, as there was no contact tracing.

So just STFU

Your stupidity can spread and it is deadly.

Spot on Rich.

Let's hope Biden and Co can ramp up the vaccine distribution to a war footing sort of thing. Because that's what it really is.

The vaccine progress seems painfully slow and the longer it takes the more people will die. We need to knock this thing out like we did with polio. America is undergoing a new millennium culture change. Everyone young and old have got to get onboard. I absolutely hate wearing masks but it isn't about what people "like". But masks and cleaning and separation alone isn't going to stop this virus. Sure I could use a $2,000.00 check but I'd gladly forego it if it would vaccinate a few more people. The longer it takes the more chance that a mutation far enough removed from the original make vaccines useless. Get your ass moving government and get this out to everyone.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4082 on: January 14, 2021, 07:28:35 PM »

Of course, Red/ESPN3 again lifted those words (the proper term is "plagiarized") from another source without attribution so maybe Red/ESPN3 doesn't really believe them. 

Edit:  Shocking.  What do you know?  It can be found on Breitbart.

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2021/01/12/someone-is-going-to-die-grim-preseason-prediction-debunked-college-football-season-ends-zero-fatalities/
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 07:30:37 PM by Yankguy1 »
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4083 on: January 14, 2021, 07:54:54 PM »

Looking back on the COVID-19 College Football Season:

“ Coronavirus doomsayers slammed college football for moving ahead with the season, with one “expert” even claiming that up to seven would die by the end of the season.

Others  also predicted many more would end up hospitalized thanks to the decision to keep playing.

Well.

The college football season ended last weekend, and in retrospect, no one died from the virus, nor was anyone even hospitalized with symptoms.

So much for the “experts.”

Your'e a fucking idiot.

About 24 million Americans have been infected and about 400,000 have died becasue of the disease.

You have no evidence how many people were infected or how the virus spread on college campuses or by football players, as there was no contact tracing.

So just STFU

Your stupidity can spread and it is deadly.

Spot on Rich.

Let's hope Biden and Co can ramp up the vaccine distribution to a war footing sort of thing. Because that's what it really is.

The vaccine progress seems painfully slow and the longer it takes the more people will die. We need to knock this thing out like we did with polio. America is undergoing a new millennium culture change. Everyone young and old have got to get onboard. I absolutely hate wearing masks but it isn't about what people "like". But masks and cleaning and separation alone isn't going to stop this virus. Sure I could use a $2,000.00 check but I'd gladly forego it if it would vaccinate a few more people. The longer it takes the more chance that a mutation far enough removed from the original make vaccines useless. Get your ass moving government and get this out to everyone.

Yup

I'm just tired of Red's idiotic partisan game of 3-card Donnie. He only fools himself. Which is not hard.

My guess is Biden will fast-track vaccines "pharm to arm" because thats critical.

Get the National Guard medical personal out there with syringes. I'm tired of shitting on Trump, but Warp Speed for its successes, fumbled on the goal line and dropped the ball on getting distribution right. Vacc sitting on shelves does shit.

Lets get healthy, back to school, work, life, and kick ass.

We have a chance to regain our identity as Americans and sacrificing for each other for our collective benefit. So until we get vacced, wear masks and be smart and think of the greater good.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 08:56:01 PM by bankshot1 »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4084 on: January 14, 2021, 09:05:00 PM »

Is it your opinion that collegiate athletics right now should all be on hiatus?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4085 on: January 14, 2021, 09:53:51 PM »

Of course, Red/ESPN3 again lifted those words (the proper term is "plagiarized") from another source without attribution so maybe Red/ESPN3 doesn't really believe them. 

Edit:  Shocking.  What do you know?  It can be found on Breitbart.

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2021/01/12/someone-is-going-to-die-grim-preseason-prediction-debunked-college-football-season-ends-zero-fatalities/
If “ it” are the facts I posted they can be found through multiple sources.
And they are undisputed.
Do you now dispute them?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4086 on: January 14, 2021, 10:04:28 PM »

The fact is that you plagiarized. Again.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4087 on: January 14, 2021, 10:13:18 PM »

Then you don’t understand the meaning of the word.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4088 on: January 14, 2021, 10:17:25 PM »

Passing other’s material off as your own is the definition of plagiarism. I understand it well. For God’s sake how hard is it to cite your source?

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4089 on: January 14, 2021, 10:17:41 PM »

Thanks.
The facts stand and can’t be plagiarized.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4090 on: January 14, 2021, 10:19:25 PM »

Is it your opinion that collegiate athletics right now should all be on hiatus?

Its not an argument I made. I'm not in a position to judge the facts, nor science nor health factors which should be weighed state by state region by region, before that decision is made.

Perhaps in a country where 4,000 people a day are dieing and hospitals are overflowing with infected, threatening our health care abilities you could lend your expertise and insight into the matter.

In a country where there is a raging pandemic, and where there will be 500,000 dead within the month, I would urge caution. As I did earlier this year. .

I would note that presumably out of saftey concerns tOSU football team played 7 games this season, including the national championship game.

In 2019 they played 14 games, and would have played 15 if they played the champioship game.

I found Red's point to be irrelevant misleading and meant to distract from 24 million infected and 400,000 dead.

He should be ashamed of his gross indecency.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4091 on: January 14, 2021, 10:21:13 PM »

Bankshot did a fine job refuting the “facts”  of the actual scribe of those words. I could write them down as my own, but who would do that? As far as your plagiarism goes, a heartfelt “I’m sorry” would be sufficient for me.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 10:23:10 PM by Yankguy1 »

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4092 on: January 14, 2021, 10:24:10 PM »

Passing other’s material off as your own is the definition of plagiarism. I understand it well. For God’s sake how hard is it to cite your source?
A fact is a fact. It can’t be plagiarized but it can be challenged.

You plagiarize if you use the original ideas of others and give the impression someone else's work is yours.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4093 on: January 14, 2021, 10:25:36 PM »

I’m glad you admit it. You used the language of someone else right down to the “coronavirus doomsayers slammed” and passed it off as original writing. Textbook plagiarism. And really lazy.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 10:29:02 PM by Yankguy1 »

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4094 on: January 14, 2021, 10:30:15 PM »

I’m glad you admit it.
Admit what?
My posts stand as posted.
If you want to argue the issues fine.
If not use the ignore feature.
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 329