Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250447 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #4095 on: January 14, 2021, 10:32:22 PM »

It’s hard to ignore teachers who plagiarize.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4096 on: January 14, 2021, 10:32:28 PM »

I’m glad you admit it. You used the language of someone else right down to the “coronavirus doomsayers slammed” and passed it off as original writing. Textbook plagiarism. And really lazy.
Except, of course, I made that point months ago.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4097 on: January 14, 2021, 10:34:09 PM »

It’s not the “point”  you supposedly made. It’s that you stole someone’s words to make it.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4098 on: January 14, 2021, 10:36:08 PM »

It’s not the “point”  you supposedly made. It’s that you stole someone’s words to make it.
I suggest you choose ignore.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4099 on: January 14, 2021, 10:46:22 PM »

Red's point seems to be that months ago he did not accept nor understand the risks of covid as warned by "experts" (not identified).

And in that time millions of Americans got sick and hundreds of thousands died.

Its no wonder he chose to distract and mislead.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4100 on: January 15, 2021, 12:01:30 AM »

Cleaning up loose ends regarding the size of Brad Van Pelt.

From the listing of Van Pelt in the College Football Hall of Fame:

Brad Van Pelt was a two-time All-America, unanimous in 1972. That year he won the Maxwell trophy as the nation's best player. This was the first time a defensive back won the award. Also in 1972, he was named Chevrolet Defensive Player of the Year and Columbus Touchdown Club Defensive Player of the Year. In his career, he had 14 interceptions. He returned two of them for touchdowns. Brad was one of college football's largest players at his position, as such he was also extremely valuable in run support and often shifted into a linebacker.

His physical stats at MSU, according to the Hall of Fame, were
6’5””
235 lbs

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4101 on: January 15, 2021, 12:55:22 AM »

In a country where there is a raging pandemic, and where there will be 500,000 dead within the month, I would urge caution. As I did earlier this year. .

So if they are cautious it makes sense they can play
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4102 on: January 15, 2021, 10:11:45 AM »

I’m glad you admit it.
Admit what?
My posts stand as posted.
If you want to argue the issues fine.
If not use the ignore feature.
LOL
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4103 on: January 15, 2021, 11:09:01 AM »

In a country where there is a raging pandemic, and where there will be 500,000 dead within the month, I would urge caution. As I did earlier this year. .

So if they are cautious it makes sense they can play

kid likes to pick cherries from fruit salad.

But he still manages to choke on the raspberries and strawberries.

The caution I urged related to these apples and oranges

Its not an argument I made. I'm not in a position to judge the facts, nor science nor health factors which should be weighed state by state region by region, before that decision is made.

I would note in a smaller universe than college athletics, the NBA a few days ago was considering a 7-14 day hiatus, and examining its protocols, as the virus runs wild in the country.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4104 on: January 15, 2021, 02:54:28 PM »

It’s hard to ignore teachers who plagiarize.

Well, remember, Red's teaching certification is only good at private schools.

Heh
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #4105 on: July 23, 2021, 12:35:54 PM »

College football has been ruined by $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4106 on: July 23, 2021, 04:20:36 PM »

So it looks like OU and Texas are bolting to God's Conference. So long to the Pure Prairie League. Hard.to imagine it lasting without those two teams. Kansas and ISU are supposedly looking to jump to the Big However Many. I can almost see KU as a fit, but not ISU. Both are AAU schools (Texas was the only other AAU school currently in the PPL), but KU brings a fresh market for the Big Network, the Kansas City market and hoops cred, ISU brings  othing that adds to the bottom line that I can see. Wonder if poaching from the South Atlantic League is in the cards to balance out a KU addition. Georgia Tech would be ideal.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4107 on: July 24, 2021, 01:32:34 PM »

West Virginia might be in play for the Big and they could also make another run at Notre Dame?
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4108 on: July 24, 2021, 01:37:54 PM »

Actually, if I read the ND/ACC agreement right, if ND decides to go conference it has to pick the ACC up to 2036?
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4109 on: July 24, 2021, 02:42:23 PM »

West Virginia might be in play for the Big and they could also make another run at Notre Dame?
West Virginia checks no boxes for the Big. It is not an AAU member and more importantly does no really bring any financial benefit to the Big However Many. Easy, and fashionable, and generally accurate as it is to be cynical about any claim joining academic integrity and College Football in the same sentence, each of the Big However Many's additions over the years has shared two attributes: they have been AAU members, and they have expanded the Big's reach into areas it has not been, usually with major population centers with lots of cable outlets.eager to buy into the network. Nebraska is a big of an outlier, but they were an AAU member when they joined and while they did not reach a major population center they had at the time a big football reputation. Other than Kansas the only Pure Prairie League team that clicks both boxes is Texas. The only schools that don't click both boxes I can see them going for would be Notre Dame which may not technically expand the foot print but has an attraction well beyond the geographical and which could be an AAU member if they gave a shit about such things, and Oklahoma which has an athletic reach and reputation that may bring enough for the league to ignore the a academics. West Virginia offers some rivalry options, and it is a relatively convenient foe for alumni travel, but that is not how the Big However Many has been thinking in the past.

Here is an interesting thought: Texas and Oklahoma are bound to the Pure Prairie League for three or four more years. I suspect they act together. I wonder if they can set up a bidding war between God's Conference and the Big However Many.

Other than that, the search for more members for the BHM is likely to take them to the ACC. Syracuse left the AAU at the same time Nebraska got kicked out, but the BHM would love the New York state market. Georgia Tech and the Atlanta market would cause a tidal wave of simultaneous jizz expulsion in the league office.

Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 329