Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 258434 times)

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: December 31, 2023, 11:15:40 AM by CaptainCargo »
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

Espnthree

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #4891 on: December 31, 2023, 04:57:40 PM »

College football is being destroyed. At least as far as the Bowl season is concerned.

Never been more popular and profitable.
I notice you never showed in here until the Bowl Season was about to begin.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4892 on: December 31, 2023, 09:29:21 PM »

The profits may be in jeopardy. As far as showing up here you're right. Is that somehow important? You seem to be wanting to pick a fight. Why?

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4893 on: January 01, 2024, 10:58:32 AM »

As far as showing up here you're right.
Thanks.
See you again in December.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4894 on: January 01, 2024, 11:41:42 AM »

You're welcome. For what I don't know, but whatever floats your boat. lol

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4895 on: January 01, 2024, 11:58:56 AM »

Oh, and for not being here it wasn't for lack of trying. Stupid Windows 10/11 wouldn't let me in here. Some sort of dipstick unsecured certificate ban. I finally figured out the only way to get in here was to open the site up with old Windows Internet Explorer. I'm sure some others will school me as to other ways I could have gotten in here, but c'est la guerre.

I'm apologetic and quite sorry you missed me so much that it seems to have upset you. Interesting to see you cared about me and my absence to the point that you invest such a great effort in heralding my return. Very touching, I may even cry.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #4896 on: January 01, 2024, 08:09:47 PM »

duckduckgo.com

It's a free browser, and doesn't balk at the expired SSL certificate.

Cheers!

Liquidsilver could fix this in about two minutes, if anyone knows how to reach him.  The contact info the web host gave me last year seems to be incorrect now. 

Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4897 on: January 01, 2024, 10:06:01 PM »

Thanks Oilcan. I used to have his email address but lost it when I retired.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4898 on: January 02, 2024, 09:31:47 AM »

With Georgia manhandling FSU the Committee can take a victory lap.

And Toledo and Wyoming may generate millions in TV viewers.
I think the Committee looks stupid for leaving Georgia out if they were truly looking for the four best teams.

The FSU team was nothing like the FSU team would have been in the playoffs. No team of second stringers would hang with Georgia.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #4899 on: January 02, 2024, 10:30:20 AM »

In New Orleans, the Penix stands proud!  Go Huskies!
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4900 on: January 02, 2024, 10:57:03 AM »

Two Big Ten, or Ten-ish, teams in the Championship, but one of them is the focus of evil in the modern world. Go Huskies!

Still picking Meatchicken to win it all. Fuck. Fuck them. I am going to have to avoid family reunions for at least three years. No aunts or uncles are allowed to die, and that is final.

Why is the portal opening before the bowl games are played? You cannot force Keon Coleman or Marvin Harrison Jr. to ignore economic self interest, but given the competition for portal players, the current system requires McCord and Rademacher to enter the portal before the bowls or lose out on transfer possibilities. Why not open the portal after the championship is played? It might avoid debacle like the Orange Bowl. I mean, yes Georgia was going to win big because they are the best team in the country, but still.

Nice that after many years with one or more semifinal blow outs (us) the final four team tourney gave us two very competitive and fun games, two years in a row. The other four NY6 games were either stultifying or not really competitive. Now to avoid the absolute shit show of last year's final game.

The new system should always get us at least the 8 or 9 best teams in the country in every year,  so even with Liberty and upsets in conference tournaments, it should be pretty good.

Welcome back cap, stick around. RedDick is just ornery due to the improved economy under Biden, his party being in thrall to a felon huckster, and the growing realization that he faces the prospect of 12 more years of Biden, Harris and Harris, which should last through his shuffling of this earthly coil. Depending on whether the PROVEN LIAR covered the Chuck Hughes death 52 years ago as an adult reporter as he claimed on the NFL forum, or is 47 like he claimed in the political forums.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2024, 10:58:52 AM by Hairy Lime »
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4901 on: January 03, 2024, 01:08:37 AM »

Oh, and for not being here it wasn't for lack of trying. Stupid Windows 10/11 wouldn't let me in here. Some sort of dipstick unsecured certificate ban. I finally figured out the only way to get in here was to open the site up with old Windows Internet Explorer. I'm sure some others will school me as to other ways I could have gotten in here, but c'est la guerre.

I'm apologetic and quite sorry you missed me so much that it seems to have upset you. Interesting to see you cared about me and my absence to the point that you invest such a great effort in heralding my return. Very touching, I may even cry.

Welcome back, ElCapitan!  Good to see your postings.  Forget about that lonely sad-sack JumboNut.  He has no one to play with here.  Three losses to the AmazingGoBlue, his star QB leaving for greener pastures, and a pathetic bowl game (Looks like someone did not invest in that third-string QB!) has the fat turd
feeling so bad! 

I agree with your assessment of the state of college football.  I am cutting my cable connection and will no longer send a red cent to ESPN again!

And these collectives posing as non profit charities have got to be regulated and taxed. 
On a football note:  Bama s play selection with the game on the line, Harbaugh did not need to steal any signs, did he? !

Good to see you again Deej.

That last play call was the dumbest fucking thing I've ever seen. The Michigan DL was stuffing everything up the middle on short yardage. Why that dumbfuck, whoever it was that made the call, did it is beyond my ken. He should be fired immediately.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2024, 01:12:13 AM by CaptainCargo »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4902 on: January 03, 2024, 07:43:42 AM »

I think the plan was to draw the defense into thinking it was up the middle,.and bounce Milroe to the left, where the motion had pulled out the edge. But there was trouble with the snap (a phrase that takes me to my happy place*) and Meatchicken was through too quickly for the play to work. If not, anything other than a play designed to get Milroe into space was indeed idiotic.

* My happy place:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqv48MwEbaQ

I note.3.1 million viewers, of which I am at least the .1.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4903 on: January 09, 2024, 10:35:17 AM »

Michigan wins it all!  Greatest Team of the Century!
Indisputable and Undefeated, 15-0!
Harbaugh dynasty to run another decade!

In related news, SpaTans to downgrade their football program to a club sport
They can enjoy it for a.couple of months until the NCAA vacates all their wins and Harbaugh lams off to coach Chicago.

I am cautiously optimistic about what Smith is building. My caution will last until roughly August until my customary foolishly unreasonable expectations take over and I pick them to win it all again.

Clearly, Georgia should have been in the playoffs instead of Washington.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4904 on: January 09, 2024, 02:36:19 PM »

Michigan wins it all!  Greatest Team of the Century!
Indisputable and Undefeated, 15-0!
Harbaugh dynasty to run another decade!

In related news, SpaTans to downgrade their football program to a club sport
They can enjoy it for a.couple of months until the NCAA vacates all their wins and Harbaugh lams off to coach Chicago.

I am cautiously optimistic about what Smith is building. My caution will last until roughly August until my customary foolishly unreasonable expectations take over and I pick them to win it all again.

Clearly, Georgia should have been in the playoffs instead of Washington.

Well, on the bright side The SEC and Biggest Whatever will have a lock on three spots in an expanded field, which will go to 16 as sure as the sun rose yesterday.
Question?  Doesnot that guarantee ZeroState will always be in!
Doesnot that mean a 10-2 Notre Dame has a confirmed reservation?

The next step in the professionalization of college football will be the number of
college coaches being fired every year.  So much money slushing around that championships need to be won NOW!

Thank God I have beaten my addiction and no longer watch. Cable cut yesterday and now I can spend more time beating Trumpism to a pulp!
 Not another dime to the idiots at ESPN or FOX!
the is facing more top level competition with Oregon coming in. Also USC, Washington. Less room for error.
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329