Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
October 23, 2017, 06:33:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: With Dixon out for the season, who will win the Heisman?
Tim Tebow
Darren McFadden
Matt Ryan
Chase Daniel
Other

Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324]
  Print  
Author Topic: College Football  (Read 20200 times)
CaptainCargo and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
DeeJ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4845 on: Today at 10:23:43 AM »

More on the record:
Who is JumBoNut plagiarizing from this week?
Looks to be Jim Palm of CBS sports.

Some things Do never change.  Shocked
Espnthree

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4846 on: Today at 10:59:27 AM »

ESPN Power rankings and Week 9 Schedule

#1 Alabama (8-0) IDLE

#7 Wisconsin(7-0) @ Illinois (2-5) +23.5  Noon

#8 Miami  (6-0) @ North Carolina (1-7) +20.5. Noon

#2 Penn State (7-0) @ #10 Ohio State (6-1) -7  3:30PM

#3 TCU @ #24 Iowa State (5-2] +7 3:30PM

#4 Georgia (7-0) NEUTRAL Florida(3-3) +14 3:30 pm

#15  N.C.State (6-1)@ #6 Notre Dame (6-1) -7.5 3:30pm

“”
Georgia Tech (4-2) @ #5 Clemson (6-1) TBA  8pm

Texas Tech(4-3) @#9 Oklahoma (6-1) -18  8PM
CaptainCargo
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4847 on: Today at 11:27:04 AM »

FTR: There will NEVER be two teams from the same conference selected for a 4 team playoff.
If a potential BAMA-Georgia SEC title game goes 10 OT's, it won't matter.
When they go to 8 teams down the road, yes it will happen, with the stipulation that same conf-teams will not meet until the final

For a guy who swore over E.E.Gordon's dead body there would never be a playoff system, JimBoNut sure has become a big fan of the system.

The only lock I see, besides the one on JB's moped, is that four teams will be selected in December.

Put away your cupcakes and let the upset chaos begin!

I respectfully disagree DJ my friend.

Although highly unlikely I could envision a few scenarios at this juncture.

First of course Bama and Georgia must make it unscathed to the SEC Championship game. And it needs to be at least competitive in the outcome. If Bama loses a close game then my scenarios become all  the stronger I think.

MSU loses somehow to N'Wstrn and second PSU beats OSU but loses to MSU but MSU then loses to OSU. PSU plays a one loss Wisconsin(as they lose to OSU) team in the BIG CG and wins.

TCU loses to Iowa State and TCU beats Oklahoma but also loses to Texas. Okie St loses to Iowa St or W. Va.

Miami loses to Va Tech and ND. Va Tech loses to Ga Tech. Clemson loses to FSU or South Carolina. And NC State loses to ND.

Washington loses another game as does Washington State.

Finally ND loses their last game to Stanford.

At this point their is only one undefeated team in the nation and all of the conference champions have two losses, and, even wilder, for shits and giggles, let's say Georgia beat Bama in the SEC CG. And there is only one 1 loss team in the nation SEC runnerup Alabama. What goober of the voting committee is going to leave Alabama out?

At that juncture will we see both Bama and Georgia go to the Football Four they will most certainly be the #1 and # 2 seeds and setting up a possible rematch of the SEC CG game in which Bama could beat Georgia and end up like they did when they wrested the title away from LSU for the 2011 season.

Neat.

« Last Edit: Today at 11:35:10 AM by CaptainCargo » Logged
TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4848 on: Today at 12:14:15 PM »

OUCH! Sorry Scotty that had to be painful.

Was there a game this weekend?  I must have missed it.
Espnthree

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4849 on: Today at 12:32:43 PM »

MSU loses somehow to N'Wstrn and second PSU beats OSU but loses to MSU but MSU then loses to OSU. PSU plays a one loss Wisconsin(as they lose to OSU) team in the BIG CG and wins.

Ohio State and Wisconsin do not play.
Regardless, Penn State, under the above scenario, would be a one loss Conference Champion.
And your prediction of chaos strangely ignores that possibility afflicting the SEC.

That said, the SEC doesn’t need chaos everywhere else to have a good chance at two teams.
If the current punditry knows what it is talking about, that is.
« Last Edit: Today at 12:44:23 PM by Espnthree » Logged
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

Life is skittles and life is beer.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4850 on: Today at 12:40:49 PM »

Miami, okla

Excellent observation bro. 
Well, there are other teams that can win out and make it. An MSU team with wins over tOSU, tPSU, amd tWisconsin, with only a loss to Our Lady of the Perpetual Tie, for imstance. But the punditry discounts fhat possibility for reasons even I do not need explained .

What does it matter?  All is grace.
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4851 on: Today at 12:43:03 PM »

FTR: There will NEVER be two teams from the same conference selected for a 4 team playoff.
When they go to 8 teams down the road, yes it will happen, with the stipulation that same conf-teams will not meet until the final

For a guy who swore over E.E.Gordon's dead body there would never be a playoff system, JimBoNut sure has become a big fan of the system.

The only lock I see, besides the one on JB's moped, is that four teams will be selected in December.

First of course Bama and Georgia must make it unscathed to the SEC Championship game. And it needs to be at least competitive in the outcome. If Bama loses a close game then my scenarios become all  the stronger I think.

TCU loses to Iowa State and TCU beats Oklahoma but also loses to Texas. Okie St loses to Iowa St or W. Va.

Miami loses to Va Tech and ND. Va Tech loses to Ga Tech. Clemson loses to FSU or South Carolina. And NC State loses to ND.

At this point their is only one undefeated team in the nation and all of the conference champions have two losses, and, even wilder, for shits and giggles, let's say Georgia beat Bama in the SEC CG. And there is only one 1 loss team in the nation SEC runnerup Alabama. What goober of the voting committee is going to leave Alabama out?

At that juncture will we see both Bama and Georgia go to the Football Four they will most certainly be the #1 and # 2 seeds and setting up a possible rematch of the SEC CG game in which Bama could beat Georgia and end up like they did when they wrested the title away from LSU for the 2011 season.

Neat.

I will go further: an unbeaten Alabama losing in the God's Conference Championship game to an unbeaten Georgia ensures two GC teams in the playoffs, unless there are three other unbeatens.

whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4852 on: Today at 12:45:15 PM »

So did your team.

DeeJ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4853 on: Today at 02:48:33 PM »

Neat.

I respectfully accept your disagreement. If we agree on everything, your friend RisqueNut will go into one of his fits.

The Conferences Champinships are, IMO, a virtual first round to the three game playoff.  The Big 12 learned this lesson the hard way and has re-instituted their play-in game.  ND is the fly in the ointment, but they will again find a way to fail.  (although, Kelley has finally learned his lesson that he had no business calling plays and his new DC seems to understand the basic concepts of defense).

The selections committee does not want to leave two powerball conferences out of the final-four picture, let only three, if two from one conference were to be selected with ND.

Until proven wrong I stand with no two from ANY one  conference, EVER!
CaptainCargo
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4854 on: Today at 03:16:47 PM »

Neat.

I will go further: an unbeaten Alabama losing in the God's Conference Championship game to an unbeaten Georgia ensures two GC teams in the playoffs, unless there are three other unbeatens.

Yes if there are no other unbeatens. And if Georgia beats Bama and Notre Dame wins out there will only be one other conference champion team in the Football Four. Now wouldn't that be a hoot.
CaptainCargo
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4855 on: Today at 03:17:30 PM »

So did your team.

Sure, kick a man when he is down.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4856 on: Today at 03:46:05 PM »

So did your team.

Sure, kick a man when he is down.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Easier to reach them that way.

Espnthree

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4857 on: Today at 04:05:30 PM »

And if Georgia beats Bama and Notre Dame wins out there will only be one other conference champion team in the Football Four. Now wouldn't that be a hoot.
Not exactly breaking news.
Punditry has been speculating on that for weeks.
« Last Edit: Today at 04:35:10 PM by Espnthree » Logged
TrojanHorse
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4858 on: Today at 05:16:22 PM »

So did your team.

they thought it was their bye  week that the schedulers somehow missed this year
CaptainCargo
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #4859 on: Today at 06:31:53 PM »

And if Georgia beats Bama and Notre Dame wins out there will only be one other conference champion team in the Football Four. Now wouldn't that be a hoot.
Not exactly breaking news.
Punditry has been speculating on that for weeks.

Bully for them.
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324]
  Print  

Jump to: