imagelogin Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
September 22, 2017, 11:50:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which Team will be meeting Alabama in the NCG?
Ohio State
Florida State
Oklahoma
Penn State
Michigan State
Other (Describe in Post)

Pages: 1 ... 2771 2772 [2773] 2774 2775 ... 2782
  Print  
Author Topic: College Football  (Read 1069492 times)
jbottle
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41580 on: September 13, 2017, 11:22:37 PM »

Kinda surprised we are 3 pt. fav. @LOU.

...test balloon...??

...can never reverse-engineer vegas, that's the whole point I guess...
CaptainCargo
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #41581 on: September 14, 2017, 10:44:09 AM »

Do the odds makers question whether the Auburn defense is really as good as they looked against Clemson? Because the Clemson offense did not look all that Skippy against Auburn.

I don't think there's any question that the Clemson defense is solid with 11 sacks last week. Jackson is a special kind of QB but I'm still not sold on his consistency as a passer. Still I'll put my money of the Tiger defense even if it is Lamar back there. Jackson won't be able to do it all and I don't think the Louisville OL will even remotely be up to the task. Purdue while I admit is a vastly improved team from last year thanks to Brohm. But they and North Carolina ain't Clemson so I expect that 65% pass completion percentage Jackson is currently sporting to take a bit of a dip. 

When you are dead you do not know you are dead. All the pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.
TrojanHorse
Poll Manager
Superhero Member

Beat the Longhorns!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41582 on: September 14, 2017, 12:59:21 PM »

I don't know what will happen as there are so many variables.  We have some injuries from the Stanford game.  We're coming off a tough emotional win and there could be a let down - especially with Texas losing their first game.   We're at home and I hear its a sellout, but Texas fans travel well and they sure are making a big deal out of what a media guide person said about us having to vacate the 2005 season...

By the numbers I have 

USC 42
Texas 38

You have the freedom to swing your fists...but it ends where someone else's nose begins.
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

- GET IN LINE -

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #41583 on: September 14, 2017, 02:06:47 PM »

Heh

No way.
CaptainCargo
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #41584 on: September 14, 2017, 02:56:19 PM »

Texas has to use their rookie QB last week. I don't know if Bobby Bouchette is going to play this week or not. But everyone that is expecting Texas to wilt after the Maryland loss is probably in for a big surprise.

When you are dead you do not know you are dead. All the pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.
bankshot1
Superhero Member

Utley runs away again SSDD heh

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41585 on: September 14, 2017, 02:56:54 PM »

kid whats wrong with the prediction?

if you think TH is way off why don't you give your #s?

How about?

USC 45

Texas 21

"If I were you I'd be pretty pissed, too, but I don't think anyone but you and I know what actually went up there on the board last weekend. I know I stepped over the line, and I did apologize, but I apologize again. It has bothered me all week, frankly, to know that I acted in such a manner"-Utley
kidcarter8
Superhero Member

- GET IN LINE -

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #41586 on: September 14, 2017, 02:57:44 PM »

yep
CaptainCargo
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #41587 on: September 14, 2017, 03:35:58 PM »

I'll go 31-18.

CaptainCargo
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #41588 on: September 15, 2017, 12:31:50 PM »

Clemson 34, Louisville 24:

Can the Louisville line be physical enough for the Tiger defense? From what I've seen in the Purdue and North Carolina games the answer is no. Still it's Lamar Jackson and like Mayfield he can move around. But I don't think Jackson has Mayfield's arm and accuracy. So contain and converge Tiger defense.

Illinois 24, USF 23:

I'll call for the upset as Lovies's defense may just be pretty decent this year. Calling for Illinois to beat any team let alone a Top 25 team is a bit nutz I'll admit.  Cheesy

Oklahoma St 36, Pitt 22:

The young Panthers aren't the team they were last year and Oklahoma State may even be a better team this year than they were last year.

Tennessee 19, Florida 20:

This game is a hard read get a read on because both squads have a plethora of flaws. One big play probably decides it.

Kansas St 27, Vandy 21:

This could turn out to be a great back and forth game for the folks in the stands. As always I'm a huge fan of Snyder and the great way he coaches up his not so blue chip recruits.

LSU 23, Miss St 17:

If you're at this game you will get to see two of the better defenses in college football. Over the last couple of years this game has been close and as physical as they come. Expect more of the same in this one.

USC 31, Texas 18:

For those out there that expect Texas to fold in this game don't bet on it. I'm picking against the Horns but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Trojans get a little gored in this game. And an outright upset wouldn't shock me all that much either.  

« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 01:55:34 PM by CaptainCargo » Logged

whiskeypriest
Superhero Member

Life is skittles and life is beer.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41589 on: September 15, 2017, 12:56:59 PM »

I predict that we will not lose this Saturday!

Non vi mettete in pelago, ché forse,
perdento me, rimarreste smarriti
CaptainCargo
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #41590 on: September 15, 2017, 01:16:20 PM »

I predict that we will not lose this Saturday!

Gutsy call.

ESPNTHREE

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41591 on: September 15, 2017, 01:24:04 PM »

SATURDAY

Colorado State @ #1 Alabama(OFF)
Alabama

Tulane #2 Oklahoma (OFF)
Oklahoma

#3 Clemson @ Louisville(+3)
LaMar Jackson's single handed effort to beat Clemson last year ended at the Tiger 3 yard line with Clemson ahead 42-36. In fact the last three meetings between these teams have been decided by 6 points or less. With Jackson at center stage Saturday  night in the Heisman Race can the Clemson defense do what it didn't do last year, stop Jackson?
 Maybe.
But not enough to win.

Texas @ #4 USC ( -15)
Nobody confuses USC QB Sam Darnold  with Texas legend Vince Young and his memorable dash to BCS glory against the Trojans a dozen years ago. But Darnold is a threat with his feet and arm. Can USC overcome a 15 point spot to a Texas team that can run and throw ,too?  Probably yes

Georgia State @ #5  Penn State(OFF)
Looks like James Franklin is done with Akron and is copying SEC scheduling standards

Fresno State at #6 Washington (OFF)
Washington

Air Force  @ #7 Michigan (OFF)
The Falcons mix conventional and option formations and usually have no trouble scoring. But they rarely play top ten competition and Michigan's defense is sterling. USC transfer Ty Issac is Harbaugh's top running back and he should have a big day. Michigan

Army @ # 8 Ohio State(Off)
The service academies and Georgia Tech anachronistically run the triple option. Most players , at least those eyeing the NFL, can't be bothered with passe schemes.  Army is 2-0 having completed one pass in each victory. Urban Meyer is searching for a consistent offense. This one could be ugly to watch but OSU should win.

#9 Oklahoma State @ Pittsburgh (+12)
Mason Rudolph will pick up yardage against the Panthers whose defense is only slightly better than the one who yielded 42 to OklaSt last year.
Cowboys.

#10 Wisconsin @  BYU (+16)

Key stat from last week's BYU loss to LSU:
Against LSU, BYU did not cross midfield on any offensive possession.
The Cougars are the 124th worst offense in college football and may be without their starting quarterback. Meanwhile the Badgers roll in with a stout defense and a bevy of powerful running backs. Wisconsin

Year-to-Date
( 14-4)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 03:01:28 PM by ESPNTHREE » Logged
CaptainCargo
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #41592 on: September 15, 2017, 02:20:58 PM »

SATURDAY

Georgia State @ #5  Penn State(OFF)
Looks like James Franklin is done with Akron and is copying SEC scheduling standards

Georgia State is a lower end football school that hasn't been very good. But...

UNLV,

lost to Howard.

UNLV that was 4-8 last year.

And 3-9 the year before.

And 2-11 the year before that.

So what standard does OSU use?  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Can't wait for your snippy little comment on OSU's scheduling come Sept 23rd.

Dickhead.

Driver125
Superhero Member

That's right-ME!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41593 on: September 16, 2017, 07:04:35 AM »

Texas has to use their rookie QB last week. I don't know if Bobby Bouchette is going to play this week or not. But everyone that is expecting Texas to wilt after the Maryland loss is probably in for a big surprise.
    But, of course by the time that Ohio State plays them Maryland will be reduced in everybody’s mind back to the flotsam and jetsam level of typical Big 10 losers—the kind of opposition which, to certain people’s minds, regularly elevates OSU to top ten status.
CaptainCargo
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #41594 on: September 16, 2017, 04:55:04 PM »

The again the Terps may actually be a decent team.

And nice to see you D-man. How things goin in your neck of the woods?

Pages: 1 ... 2771 2772 [2773] 2774 2775 ... 2782
  Print  

Jump to: