Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250230 times)

Espnthree

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2018, 05:22:46 PM »

Check out the Project Veritas video or google Urbs Valentine's Day Massacre and see if you can't make the reasoned conclusion that he SHOULD be fired.

What should he be fired for based on his contract?

Paragraph 4.1 (e) ... “any known violations of Ohio State's Sexual Misconduct Policy (including, but not limited to, sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual exploitation, intimate violence and stalking) that involve any student, faculty, or staff or that is in connection with a university sponsored activity or event. ...
Don't confuse Jimm with facts
Meyer’s contract extension included new language

Failure by Coach to promptly report to Ohio State’s Deputy Title IX Coordinator — Athletics or Ohio State’s Title IX Coordinator any known violations of Ohio State’s Sexual Misconduct Policy (including, but not limited to, sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual exploitation, intimate violence and stalking) that involve any student, faculty, or staff or that is in connection with a university sponsored activity or event. For purposes of this section ... a “known violation” shall mean a violation or an allegation of a violation of Title IX that Coach is aware of or has reasonable cause to believe is taking place or may have taken place.

There is debate over that clause being used to fire Meyer WITH CAUSE since the alleged abuse is not a TitleIX violation since the victim was not an OSU student or employee and the abuse was not the result of an OSU event and did not occur on on campus.

The lawyers will be arguing for a while.

TOSU does not need to fire Meyer with cause, but without cause will trigger a 40$million dollar payout.  About 40 per cent of the yearly Athletic Budget.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2018, 07:42:26 PM »

Since no one here is.e an positing it as a possibility, I will: What if Meyer's statement is true: he reported the incident when it happened, but when asked about the incident at media day, lied? Do you fire him for that, or just suspend him for, say, the first two games of the year? Is lying to the press rideable for a CFB coach?
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2018, 08:53:12 PM »

Actually, rethinking the pure monetary situation OSU is in. Without a smoking gun they probably don't do the right thing and dismiss him. Just too much cash involved.

I'm waiting to see if someone in his coaching family, past and present, breaks ranks with Meyer and says yes he knew about it. Perhaps all it might take is one of those wives to corroborate that yes her husband told her Meyer knew about it. Assuming of course the husband did confide that to her and her conscience won't allow her to keep silent. Possibly there is no smoking gun and he gets away with, what I believe is a flat out lie.

But right now, if everyone keeps quiet or avows the have no knowledge about it there's, I guess, a good possibility the dude gets away with it and my first assessment he's gone is wrong. AKA, I WAS WRONG. There's too much cash involved for them to do it I guess. Too bad because you just know if his wife read that text he positively knows about it.

What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2018, 10:55:42 PM »

Since no one here is.e an positing it as a possibility, I will: What if Meyer's statement is true: he reported the incident when it happened, but when asked about the incident at media day, lied?
Actually Friday night he admitted lying to the media AND reporting the 2015 incident when he learned about it.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2018, 07:23:14 PM »

Since no one here is.e an positing it as a possibility, I will: What if Meyer's statement is true: he reported the incident when it happened, but when asked about the incident at media day, lied?
Actually Friday night he admitted lying to the media AND reporting the 2015 incident when he learned about it.
Yes, that was the statement I was referring to.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2018, 09:58:19 AM »

Since no one here is.e an positing it as a possibility, I will: What if Meyer's statement is true: he reported the incident when it happened, but when asked about the incident at media day, lied? Do you fire him for that, or just suspend him for, say, the first two games of the year? Is lying to the press rideable for a CFB coach?

If he reported it then it's probably over. His excuse about the lie is somewhat believable. Maybe a token suspension, they've got a couple of patsies right off the bat anyways. 

But if that were the case, that he previously reported it, then why was OSU's reaction the way it was? Why not just quickly say the coach misspoke they have documents of it being reported by Meyer and accredit it to a slip of the tongue by Meyer? Simply say he got confused and move on? Does it take time to get this 'reporting' up the chain typed up? Shouldn't it already be typed up?

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2018, 09:11:33 PM »

Check out the Project Veritas video or google Urbs Valentine's Day Massacre and see if you can't make the reasoned conclusion that he SHOULD be fired.

What should he be fired for based on his contract?

I can't follow all the latest.  When he admitted knowing a couple of days ago, did he also claim that he "had" reported it to his superiors as required by Title IX
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2018, 09:13:23 PM »

If it's just not knowing how to answer a question he wasn't prepared to answer, then I doubt he would be fired for that.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2018, 09:14:47 PM »

I thought so.  This sounds to me like the legal team had time to strategize and came up with this story as a way to keep him.  But if they just made this up, someone will blab and then there will be a number of people going down.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2018, 01:00:40 PM »

I thought so.  This sounds to me like the legal team had time to strategize and came up with this story as a way to keep him.  But if they just made this up, someone will blab and then there will be a number of people going down.

Once again, why the Administrative leave? If it was a slip of the tongue then why not just 'immediately' produce the documentation saying it was reported, and then say it was a slip of the tongue, and be done with it?

No, something doesn't jive here.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2018, 02:14:08 PM »

Once again, why the Administrative leave? If it was a slip of the tongue then why not just 'immediately' produce the documentation saying it was reported, and then say it was a slip of the tongue, and be done with it?

To be seen as Doing Something in response to what appeared to be a major negative news story. "We take the allegations seriously! See what we have done!" PAID administrative leave, mind you.

I do not read much into it or anything that has happened, except by my reading Zach Smith's career path now leads through the culinary world, specifically restaurants with "burger" in their names.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2018, 03:19:15 PM »

To be seen as Doing Something in response to what appeared to be a major negative news story. "We take the allegations seriously! See what we have done!" PAID administrative leave, mind you.

I do not read much into it or anything that has happened, except by my reading Zach Smith's career path now leads through the culinary world, specifically restaurants with "burger" in their names.

If he reported it and simply misspoke then the whole thing could have been cleared up by OSU brass in about 15 minutes just checking their records. No need for all the shit that spilled out from either the left or the right side of the Bull's ass.

But if the guy knowingly lied without needing to you have to ask the question WHY?

Well, maybe OSU fans, and you, wait same thing right, don't have to ask that question.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2018, 03:44:01 PM »

Exactly. No matter what the decision on Meyer is it must have credibilityto sell to the public. So far the major news people have turned a Facebook post into another major broadside on the “ corruptness” of college football. But when you go looking for facts the evidence is harder to warrant firing the Coach.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2018, 03:52:27 PM »

Exactly. No matter what the decision on Meyer is it must have credibilityto sell to the public. So far the major news people have turned a Facebook post into another major broadside on the “ corruptness” of college football. But when you go looking for facts the evidence is harder to warrant firing the Coach.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=24278700

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2018, 03:56:52 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 329