Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250686 times)

Espnthree

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2018, 04:33:31 PM »

Since no one here is.e an positing it as a possibility, I will: What if Meyer's statement is true: he reported the incident when it happened, but when asked about the incident at media day, lied?
Actually Friday night he admitted lying to the media AND reporting the 2015 incident when he learned about it.

I thought so.  This sounds to me like the legal team had time to strategize and came up with this story as a way to keep him.  But if they just made this up, someone will blab and then there will be a number of people going down.

Once again, why the Administrative leave? If it was a slip of the tongue then why not just 'immediately' produce the documentation saying it was reported, and then say it was a slip of the tongue, and be done with it?

No, something doesn't jive here.
To be seen as Doing Something in response to what appeared to be a major negative news story. "We take the allegations seriously! See what we have done!" PAID administrative leave, mind you.
Exactly. No matter what the decision on Meyer is it must have credibilityto sell to the public. So far the major news people have turned a Facebook post into another major broadside on the “ corruptness” of college football. But when you go looking for facts the evidence is harder to warrant firing the Coach.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=24278700
McCain proves my point. 

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2018, 08:08:34 PM »

Since no one here is.e an positing it as a possibility, I will: What if Meyer's statement is true: he reported the incident when it happened, but when asked about the incident at media day, lied?
Actually Friday night he admitted lying to the media AND reporting the 2015 incident when he learned about it.

I thought so.  This sounds to me like the legal team had time to strategize and came up with this story as a way to keep him.  But if they just made this up, someone will blab and then there will be a number of people going down.

Once again, why the Administrative leave? If it was a slip of the tongue then why not just 'immediately' produce the documentation saying it was reported, and then say it was a slip of the tongue, and be done with it?

To be seen as Doing Something in response to what appeared to be a major negative news story. "We take the allegations seriously! See what we have done!" PAID administrative leave, mind you.
Exactly. No matter what the decision on Meyer is it must have credibilityto sell to the public. So far the major news people have turned a Facebook post into another major broadside on the “ corruptness” of college football. But when you go looking for facts the evidence is harder to warrant firing the Coach.

McCain proves my point.

Not really. Your point is simple minded and naive.

If you want a fact he lied when there was absolutely no need to lie. None.

An inquiring mind has to ask, why?

He's in one of the most pressure packed professions there are. And he wants us to believe he choked. Bullshit. He lied for a reason.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 08:10:12 PM by CaptainCargo »
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2018, 08:34:26 PM »

McCain proves my point.

He's in one of the most pressure packed professions there are. And he wants us to believe he choked. Bullshit. He lied for a reason.
which is?

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2018, 08:41:46 PM »

McCain proves my point.

which is?

Exactly.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2018, 09:23:53 PM »

McCain proves my point.

which is?

Exactly.
LOL

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2018, 10:11:58 AM »

I think the longer this goes on without any significant public backlash, the more likely he will be reinstated.  There was a lot of press out of the gate, but It feels like it's way back on page 9 already
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2018, 11:04:54 AM »

I think the longer this goes on without any significant public backlash, the more likely he will be reinstated.  There was a lot of press out of the gate, but It feels like it's way back on page 9 already

Yes, OSU got away with it. Smart guys there.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2018, 11:15:54 AM »

I feel vindicated already.

I note your not waiting until all the facts are in before determining tOSU "Got away with it".
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 07, 2018, 11:39:03 AM »

Big rally for the downtrodden millionaire, highest paid state employee, football coach in oHIo, last night.

I mean, a guy who has been so beaten down by the unfair application of societal rules and mores deserves the local populace's support!

CFB, the MOST CORRUPT sport in America.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 07, 2018, 03:06:11 PM »

I feel vindicated already.

I note your not waiting until all the facts are in before determining tOSU "Got away with it".

Well, if you feel vindicated then that's the really important thing. I'm sure everyone here breathes a sigh of relief for that and will all sleep easy tonight.

I've got all the facts I need. Meyer lied for no good reason. Usually guys that do that are hiding something. We may never know what but...

Wouldn't trust em as far as I could throw em.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2018, 03:48:06 PM »

As I said, OSU is smart and doing the right thing. Stall till we can get all off these stories straight and get the proper paperwork typed up and back-dated.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2018, 04:12:57 PM »

As I said, OSU is smart and doing the right thing. Stall till we can get all off these stories straight and get the proper paperwork typed up and back-dated.
Thank you for proving me right.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2018, 04:38:44 PM »

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2018, 05:30:28 PM »

Thank you for proving me right.

Far be it for me to not prove you right. No need to thank me I have always been able to anticipate your needs. Besides you and James have always had easily jerked chains.

So rather thank you both for playing your parts most beautifully as expected.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2018, 05:32:28 PM »

Have I mentioned lately that I crack myself up? 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 329