Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250074 times)

Espnthree

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #165 on: August 10, 2018, 09:17:17 PM »

Yep. Maryland is everybody's homecoming game team of choice. Interesting thing, students at Maryland don't have to pay to go to games at Byrd (there's an athletic fee paid wiith tuition but it's minimal). At Michigan the students pay for each game's ticket (I presume that's the wayvat most "football schools")." Despite not knowing anything about football and caring even less, my daughter bought the tickets.
Nice.
At least she paid for them
Not the taxpayers.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 10, 2018, 09:26:21 PM »

At Michigan the students pay for each game's ticket (I presume that's the wayvat most "football schools")."

USC sells a student athletics package that includes all home games and basketball games for a reasonable price.  There is a "student section" that is basically first come first served.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 10, 2018, 09:36:54 PM »

Football, basketball and hockey tix all go for $175 each for the season. Not terrible.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 11, 2018, 09:20:07 AM »

My recollection is half price tickets.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 11, 2018, 10:59:09 AM »

Well it looks like the clock is ticking on DJ Durkin. May have to rethink my interest in college football. Tired of jerks running programs

Just read the ESPN article.  Sounds like it was definitely an old school approach...  I think there was a movie on Bear Bryant's early coaching and it sounds a bit like that--where they almost want kids throwing up to toughen them up.  Just doesn't fit with today's values and then obviously you run the risk of an outlier incident like McNair.  A real tragedy there.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 11, 2018, 01:16:35 PM »

They didn’t.

Again, ludicrous semantics on your part.

It makes you appear petty.  Is that your intention?
My intention is argue.
FIFY.

Argue?
In a College Football Chat Room?
You can’t be serious.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 11, 2018, 11:16:38 PM »

Durkin suspended...or put on leave if you prefer

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 14, 2018, 12:07:11 AM »

Did SUBURBAN LIAR, or C.H.U.D....

resign yet...I was distracted by golf...,

...just when you thought the SEC (FLA, et. al.) had a franchise on mental and physical abuse of men whose meals depend on compliance with Sadists, when they are allowed to hydrate, funny that hydration or lack thereof separates the pussies from the “men”...

...well, now the BIGSMALLs and TOSU/MD have really lost the plot on sports...a shame, that you spend a summer with a joke of a president and can’t shift focus to football without realizing that everything is depressing and sad.

Thanks, CHUD, and FUCK YOU!!!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 12:10:51 AM by jbottle »

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 14, 2018, 08:13:00 AM »

...well, now the BIGSMALLs and TOSU/MD have really lost the plot on sports...a shame, that you spend a summer with a joke of a president and can’t shift focus to football without realizing that everything is depressing and sad.
Should have left Maryland back in the minor leagues of CFB where they fit in and you would make excuses for them.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 14, 2018, 11:24:17 AM »

Should have left Maryland back in the minor leagues of CFB where they fit in and you would make excuses for them.

Right, Urban doesn't need anyone to make excuses for him. He makes his own.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 14, 2018, 12:17:26 PM »

The person my post recerenced by implication is D. J. Durkin and the program is Maryland. But scratch that itch.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 14, 2018, 02:17:55 PM »

The person my post recerenced by implication is D. J. Durkin and the program is Maryland. But scratch that itch.

Yes, I know who you were recerencing.

But I saw the words make excuses and immediately thought of St. Urban.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 14, 2018, 02:22:46 PM »

Like I said, scratch that itch. You are like RedDickJimmThree over in the politics forum, who eventually brings every discussion around to Hillary Clinton, regardless of where it started. Or Mr. Dick, who can't keep King Charles's head out of his own, or out of his Memorial.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 14, 2018, 05:51:42 PM »

Like I said, scratch that itch. You are like RedDickJimmThree over in the politics forum, who eventually brings every discussion around to Hillary Clinton, regardless of where it started. Or Mr. Dick, who can't keep King Charles's head out of his own, or out of his Memorial.

Yes, every discussion I have is about OSU and Urban Meyer. How very asstoot of you to say that.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 14, 2018, 09:50:53 PM »

Has it been 14 days yet?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 329