Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250149 times)

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #195 on: August 16, 2018, 08:45:55 AM »

Clemson and LSU schedule home and home games:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24382930/clemson-tigers-lsu-tigers-schedule-games-2025-26-seasons

It's a ways off but I'm likin it.
About time ClemSIN stopped scheduling nothing but low life wimps out of conference. Maybe now they will step up and finally schedule Indiana.

Yeah that Indiana Pa team is a tough nut.
Shut up. I'm not.trolling you.

Just checking to see if you can handle the dichotomy of it.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 16, 2018, 11:04:24 AM »

"8. University of California of the South... I want Darnold to be readily replaceable"

Very generous of you to start us out at #8.   That could turn out to be a reasonable expectation. 

2016 team was 10-3 with a bowl win
2017 team was 11-3 with a Pac 12 championship

I think this team should turn out to be somewhere close to that.  I think Darnold was a talented guy but reckless.   I don't expect QB to be a problem area for us this year.  But there are other unknowns as well.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 17, 2018, 10:56:22 AM »

I watched a Jets preseason game the other day. I liked the way he played in that game.

But, it's only preseason of course.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 17, 2018, 11:12:42 AM »

Just checking to see if you can handle the dichotomy of it.

At first I thought you meant one thing, but then I realized you meant something completely different. 
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 18, 2018, 04:17:27 PM »

I was confused by OSU President saying yesterday "it will be finished when it's finished."   I thought they gave themselves a deadline?

It's actually the perfect time to state that they didn't find anything worth firing him for.   The DJ Durkin story is already taking most of the attention away. 

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 18, 2018, 05:53:24 PM »

I'm guessing that Durkin, the AD Evans and the School Prez Loh are all out at Maryland.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 18, 2018, 05:57:36 PM »

I was confused by OSU President saying yesterday "it will be finished when it's finished."   I thought they gave themselves a deadline?

It's actually the perfect time to state that they didn't find anything worth firing him for.   The DJ Durkin story is already taking most of the attention away.
Maybe they are honestly trying to do a fair, thorough job.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 18, 2018, 07:33:37 PM »

Maybe.

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 19, 2018, 05:57:25 PM »

Golly gee what a surprise

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 19, 2018, 07:39:00 PM »

Right Bo, but where is the dichotomy in all this? That's the real question here.

Hopefully OSU has the answer.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 20, 2018, 06:35:15 PM »

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article217038010.html

“two sources connected to the investigation said the likely recommendation to university President Michael V. Drake is a suspension for Meyer.”

The report also said “Drake and the board could also opt for a “time served” punishment since Meyer has been removed from football activities for more than two weeks.”

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 20, 2018, 06:43:35 PM »

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article217038010.html

“two sources connected to the investigation said the likely recommendation to university President Michael V. Drake is a suspension for Meyer.”

The report also said “Drake and the board could also opt for a “time served” punishment since Meyer has been removed from football activities for more than two weeks.”
If he followed the proper reporting procedure that is about right, lynch-mob mentality aside. I would imagine.trainings and seminars all up and down the program as well.

Cue cap and his fire/every honest person agrees with me/every one else is in the pocket of big buckeye/mendacious moral high ground rant in 10... 9...
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 21, 2018, 09:29:36 AM »

If he followed the proper reporting procedure that is about right, lynch-mob mentality aside. I would imagine.trainings and seminars all up and down the program as well.

Cue cap and his fire/every honest person agrees with me/every one else is in the pocket of big buckeye/mendacious moral high ground rant in 10... 9...

Right and I'll get to that in just a minute.

But first and not to be dichotomous, I'm looking into getting a mobile hotspot device with no contract just a data card for use in my rental car like a straight talk device or something similar. I don't want to tie up my cell phone using it as a mobile hotspot. Anyone familiar with these?

As to Meyer, the lying sac will most likely get off with a slap on the pinkie.(Not even the wrist) I mean two or three whole weeks he's been agonizingly punished. Oh the horror! THE HORROR!

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 21, 2018, 10:58:32 AM »

You realize of course the emoticons are not working at this time right Scotty?

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 21, 2018, 11:58:00 AM »

Time Served for C.H.U.D.?

lolol??
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 329