Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250182 times)

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #255 on: August 26, 2018, 01:09:33 PM »

Really going out on a limb there, cap.

I am on vacation the next two weeks, meaning I will miss the first two full weekends of CFB. If MSU stumbles, it is all due to horribly biased referees.

If I do not make it back it is because I am too fat.and slow to out run either Grizzly Bears or my wife.

I'm on vacation too for a couple off weeks. Been on 12 hours a day for the last 6 weeks or so can't really remember, I'm old. Not a lot of time to play with rankings,
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 01:12:33 PM by CaptainCargo »
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 26, 2018, 01:11:25 PM »

5: Washington:

Oh Son...you're not buying into all the Petersen hype are you?   The Puppies got nothing.   Auburn may have less...but still...

We'll see  ro. For your sake I hope I'm wrong.

But I'm not.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 27, 2018, 01:06:10 PM »

Any good games this weekend? 

We had a little fun last night with the depth chart being released.   JT Daniels will be only the second ever true freshman* to start a season opener at QB for USC.

*also graduated early from HS.  He's supposed to be a senior this year.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 28, 2018, 07:36:30 AM »

LSU finally has a decent QB. Joe Burrows, former benchwarmer at tOSU. 

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 28, 2018, 11:21:07 AM »

for awhile there I was thinking OSU might wind up with a former LSU head coach.  I was thinking...well...if they let UM go, then who would be a high profile type coach these days...  Most of the proven quantities have been out of the game for awhile...But Les only a couple of years...
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 29, 2018, 12:25:01 PM »

http://www.jimrome.com/articles/urban-meyer-s-disgrace

Just a guess but I'd say Mr. Rome doesn't care for Mr. Meyer.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 05:34:27 PM by CaptainCargo »

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 29, 2018, 07:40:28 PM »

Jim Rome probably shouldn't give other people advice on how to live their lives.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 30, 2018, 08:47:44 AM »

Jim Rome probably shouldn't give other people advice on how to live their lives.

Well, there's always that.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 30, 2018, 09:03:47 AM »

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/on-the-urban-meyer-and-ohio-state-disgrace/

… “While those denials (at Big Ten Media Days) were plainly not accurate, Coach Meyer did not in our view deliberately lie.”

Read that sentence again.

So Urban Meyer lied, but he didn’t intend to lie. This, mind you, is the reasoned opinion of the six members of the investigative committee.

What’s remarkable about this statement is Meyer lies throughout the investigative committee’s report. So why in the world does the investigative committee believe Meyer didn’t lie on purpose at Big Ten Media Days? (And is that distinction remotely believable or that important here? Of course not.) If anything, the most consistent part of Meyer’s character is his willingness to tell lies whenever necessary to protect himself.

The reason why the committee reached this strangled conclusion was simple — because Ohio State created this committee to give the appearance of independence, when in reality the committee’s conclusion was predetermined — Ohio State wanted this committee to give them the okay to retain Urban Meyer no matter how damning the evidence was that he should be fired.

The truth didn’t matter. ...

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 30, 2018, 10:54:11 AM »

I honor of President Trump,.I am scrolling through news feeds and social media while pooping. I must say I look forward to coming back to pages and pages of cap both linking to and quoting the professional outrage machine spewing professional outrage about Meyer. Haters hate. That is their function.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 30, 2018, 01:29:45 PM »

I honor of President Trump,.I am scrolling through news feeds and social media while pooping. I must say I look forward to coming back to pages and pages of cap both linking to and quoting the professional outrage machine spewing professional outrage about Meyer. Haters hate. That is their function.

Right, when you hate it's an opinion. GFY please.

But good idea about sitting on the pot, you are so full of shit it might take a while to empty out. I doubt you'll ever be truly empty though.

If you hear a popping in your ears that means the level has a least down gotten down to neck level. Don't count on that sound happening anytime soon. None of us do.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 31, 2018, 01:02:08 AM »

I have heard speculation that part of the back room deal with Meyer was to let him retire at the end of the season ...with the appearance of it being on his own terms.   Guess we will see.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 31, 2018, 10:23:23 AM »

But good idea about sitting on the pot, you are so full of shit it might take a while to empty out. I doubt you'll ever be truly empty though.

If you hear a popping in your ears that means the level has a least down gotten down to neck level. Don't count on that sound happening anytime soon. None of us do.
When I hate I revel in it. I do not constantly link to, and then quote from, other haters. I do not demand others share my hate, or argue that people who do not share my hate are dishonest, or irrational, or morally corrupt, like you do.

Shit jokes? That is the level of response I expect from the likes of you.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 10:40:01 AM by whiskeypriest »
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 31, 2018, 03:34:33 PM »

When I hate I revel in it. I do not constantly link to, and then quote from, other haters. I do not demand others share my hate, or argue that people who do not share my hate are dishonest, or irrational, or morally corrupt, like you do.

Shit jokes? That is the level of response I expect from the likes of you.

Sorry my hate isn't up to your stellar standards, you are so much better at your hate displaying of course. That you think you are better than me(and psychologically better than everyone else too) is no surprise though. You've always been of the opinion that your shit doesn't stink you just refuse to admit we are two peas in the same pod. It's part of your makeup and your own personal charm bro. I can live with it because I'm an asshole in that regard just like you.

As to the shit joke it was your shit joke. I just piled on.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 03:43:11 PM by CaptainCargo »

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 31, 2018, 08:06:11 PM »

Cuse starting off hot against one of the several Directional Michigan schools.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 329