Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250154 times)

Driver125

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #270 on: August 31, 2018, 11:56:41 PM »

Sorry my hate isn't up to your stellar standards
Damn, Cap…..quite the slogging match that you’ve got yourself involved in…..you’re probably making Utley super envious. “How is this guy slinging shit all over the place and I’m not involved? I must be getting old…well, older anyway” Sports…..who would have thunk it?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 08:05:15 AM by Driver125 »

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 01, 2018, 12:43:23 PM »

Me an Stevie know our shit and are both ultracompetitive with each other. It's an 'us' thing Driver bro.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 01, 2018, 01:06:41 PM »

Buckeyes slamming an obviously overmatched Oregon State team.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 01, 2018, 01:24:28 PM »

The Sooners are just annihilating the Owls. I thought the Owls would have a decent defense this year with all those guys back. But that massive Oklahoma OL is jusr blasting them out of the way. The only 'who' going on in this game is Baker Who?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 01:41:10 PM by CaptainCargo »

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 01, 2018, 01:39:50 PM »

Ole Miss' DL coach not doing his team any favors. #90 signaling for relief two plays in a row and no relief comes in. No push in the middle and the Tech QB has all day long to toss a TD pass. Pay attention numbnuts.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 01, 2018, 01:46:42 PM »

The Terps up on Texas. Don't jinx them right YG.

TCU showing why the Buckeyes should take their game against the Frogs very seriously.

Driver125

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 01, 2018, 02:19:51 PM »

Buckeyes slamming an obviously overmatched Oregon State team.
Yes—doing it on both sides of the ball, too. I figured Oregon State would be a little less cupcake-ish then their usual early season opponents, but apparently not.
TCU showing why the Buckeyes should take their game against the Frogs very seriously.
Certainly—looks like it will be a high scoring affair—made more difficult by it being a road game to Texas. It would be a good idea to shape up their ground game to try and keep that TCU offense on the sideline.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 02, 2018, 09:13:00 AM »

Looks like Bowl season.  All Big Ten teams win except Michigan

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 02, 2018, 09:32:53 AM »

Funny. Redstateward was saying the exact same thing last night.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 02, 2018, 10:06:34 AM »

saw a little college ball and checked a few scores, initial takeaway with Mich losing, PSU struggling, and the Urban renewal coming soon to Columbus,
tOSU has to be pleased.

So bring me up to speed, who's Bama gonna play at the final dance?

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 02, 2018, 10:11:11 AM »

What's the story with Penn State Cap?
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 02, 2018, 10:50:34 AM »

What's the story with Penn State Cap?

If our defense plays SHITTY like that the rest of the year we are in big trouble. Missed tackles was my biggest problem with them yesterday. But lots of other things including physicality is a large problem. Offense was okay. Not great, just okay.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 02, 2018, 11:20:13 AM »

I see the Trojans finally woke up offensively in the 4th. Overall a decent startup game for them. Lot of schools showed some rust including the Spartans.

Bo's Bears looked good. Tennessee had better learn how to pass block or they're going to get their young QB wiped out. I tentatively like what I saw from the Badgers' defense. But still, a cupcake win.

Looks like I was wrong a bit about Washington. Still Auburn has a monster in the middle of that DL. WOW!!

I think Sabin knew all along that Tua was the better QB but had to give Hurts a shot. To the untrained eye Bama's defense looked good. But they are a work in progress. I saw enough missed assignments  in the Ville' game to drive me insane. You can bet Nicky saw every one of them too, and a few I missed.

That kid from OSU at QB really impressed me. Buckeyes defense is very good. I saw a couple of things that could be exploited though. Liar probably saw them too.

Oklahoma, man I might have been all wet about my expectations from this team. With the pathetic schedule they have I see only three games they have to look out for.

West Virginia getting a lot of love from the press. I'm not ompletely sold on them yet but they have a good team. Soft schedule for them too. Their toughest games are all at the end.

Lastly Finebaum upset at Nicky for his response to the QB questions. Too fucking bad.

The press, regular and sports press these days think they are 'entitled' to 'make' people give them the answers they want. Don't like the answer they got. Tough shit. Stop asking the question or accept the answer you get. Keep asking it and get the answer you get. Either way the results are the same. If Saban wants to be a dick about it okay. You're being dicks about it for continueing to ask, why doesn't he get to be a dick too?

Where's the tongue in cheek emoticon? Doesn't matter emoticons don't work in the present reincarnation of the forums.

I'd ask Josh about it but after this post he just might give me a dick answer. :-)

« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 11:25:34 AM by CaptainCargo »

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 02, 2018, 01:01:50 PM »

There were 16 kickoffs in the Ohio State romp yesterday with just four returns.
The new rule allowing fair catch touchbacks up to the 25 yard line may have been adopted for safety but it sure is boring.  And it penalizes a team with a good kicker trying to take advantage of field position.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 02, 2018, 05:45:45 PM »

There were 16 kickoffs in the Ohio State romp yesterday with just four returns.
The new rule allowing fair catch touchbacks up to the 25 yard line may have been adopted for safety but it sure is boring.  And it penalizes a team with a good kicker trying to take advantage of field position.

I actually agree with you.

I may barf.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 329