Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250210 times)

jbottle

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #285 on: September 02, 2018, 08:53:57 PM »

Me too, though it has nothing to do with football...

Cousin ELLIS(U) looks good...

I like Coach O, he’s one of the good ones...

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 02, 2018, 09:39:52 PM »

Who's the bigger scumbag..Saban or Meyer

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 02, 2018, 09:50:16 PM »

C.H.U.D.

...he is a dumptruck full of scumbags driving off Shut the Fuck up Donny!! Cliff...

...like he beat Thelma and Louise to the wife beater ragtop oblivion convertible...

Will, Holly...ahhhhhhhh...

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 02, 2018, 10:29:02 PM »

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=24554583

Alabama coach Nick Saban called ESPN reporter Maria Taylor to apologize for his reaction to her question about the Crimson Tide's quarterback situation following their win over Louisville on Saturday night.

Actually his initial response was hardly “ classless” it was honest, if not brutally honest to a legitimately asked question.

We need more of those interactions between the media and coaches. We can do without the softball questions and the political responses. 

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 03, 2018, 09:35:30 AM »

Lot of talent on the Tigers for sure Bo.

Hey, I'm down in the Low Country on vacation enjoying your great state again. I'm driving along in Myrtle and all off a sudden I'm passed(I was slowing down)by this Moped...

You wouldn't happen to have a helmet with some sort of yellow highlighting would you? :-)
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 03, 2018, 09:37:31 AM »

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=24554583

Alabama coach Nick Saban called ESPN reporter Maria Taylor to apologize for his reaction to her question about the Crimson Tide's quarterback situation following their win over Louisville on Saturday night.

Actually his initial response was hardly “ classless” it was honest, if not brutally honest to a legitimately asked question.

We need more of those interactions between the media and coaches. We can do without the softball questions and the political responses.

Oh shit, I agree with you again.

Next thing you know dogs and cats will be living together.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 03, 2018, 12:36:54 PM »

Lot of talent on the Tigers for sure Bo.

Hey, I'm down in the Low Country on vacation enjoying your great state again. I'm driving along in Myrtle and all off a sudden I'm passed(I was slowing down)by this Moped...

You wouldn't happen to have a helmet with some sort of yellow highlighting would you? :-)

Not that I recall.  The dead giveaway is dual blue milk crating, front and back, was he punching it hard into the orange sunset??  For you see, the milk crates can hold a 12-pack each, as well as  various and sundry items, bag of corn nuts, moon pie, jerky, tobacco requirements, tolieties, WD40 and the like.  Every man is different, but if he cain’t fit his needs into two milk crates, well the world has done drug him in and down, and for his like, I have little use.  Of course, to that man I am a Swiss Army knife of moral compromise, in need of money, and my hands are already dirty.  He might want to catch me before 4, after 4, I get beer on the brain.

Nothing turns over a moped motor faster than that...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 12:40:33 PM by jbottle »

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 03, 2018, 01:23:33 PM »

I disagree with both of you.

In this case, the reporter's question was "What did you learn after watching both quarterbacks play today?"

He "inferred" that she was asking him if he had decided on a starter.  His response was childish and inappropriate.

Apparently he was able to see that he made a mistake, as he called her personally to apologize later.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 03, 2018, 02:01:02 PM »

Hostility toward the media being an everyday event in our depressing political situation, I think that sort of rancor in sports is especially unfortunate.

Or when tone-deafness toward domestic violence 5 years after NFL players 1) throws girlfriend on couch of guns after severe beating (settled out of court, paid, plays for cowboys next season); 2) punches wife on elevator cam (2 then 4 day suspension), such as displayed by Meyer encroaches on good old football...ughhh...

If it’s hard to understand why a man would hit his wife...it’s unfathomable that someone would foster  a culture where domestic violence is tolerated..., but as long as Woody Hayes and Paterno apologists can be found at your local Buffalo Wild Wing, history is destined to repeat itself I guess...
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 02:03:28 PM by jbottle »

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 03, 2018, 02:43:50 PM »

In this case, the reporter's question was "What did you learn after watching both quarterbacks play today?"

He "inferred" that she was asking him if he had decided on a starter.  His response was childish and inappropriate.

Apparently he was able to see that he made a mistake, as he called her personally to apologize later.

IMO she was fishing, threw the tired old line in the water and waited to see if he would bite.

He apologized because he realized he might have hurt her delicate feelings. I can just about guarantee if she were a man no apology would have been forthcoming.

What I like about it is her toughness, she didn't bat an eyelash. My respect for her was already present but it grew even more right there. Big keyones on that lady.

And again, Saban was right, he's not going to disrespect one of those kids without talking with him and the team first. 'I get that', the press doesn't. And that is the way a real coach would and should handle the situation.
But, of course, all of the gentlemen of the press have to come to her defense.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 03, 2018, 02:45:24 PM »

Hostility toward the media being an everyday event in our depressing political situation, I think that sort of rancor in sports is especially unfortunate.

Or when tone-deafness toward domestic violence 5 years after NFL players 1) throws girlfriend on couch of guns after severe beating (settled out of court, paid, plays for cowboys next season); 2) punches wife on elevator cam (2 then 4 day suspension), such as displayed by Meyer encroaches on good old football...ughhh...

If it’s hard to understand why a man would hit his wife...it’s unfathomable that someone would foster  a culture where domestic violence is tolerated..., but as long as Woody Hayes and Paterno apologists can be found at your local Buffalo Wild Wing, history is destined to repeat itself I guess...

BINGO.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 03, 2018, 03:02:17 PM »

What are you disagreeing with?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 03, 2018, 04:38:26 PM »

The ongoing amusement for me is how coaches regard their QB decision as being as secretive (and important) as nuclear launch codes and the press perpetuates the idea.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 03, 2018, 05:06:14 PM »

The ongoing amusement for me is how coaches regard their QB decision as being as secretive (and important) as nuclear launch codes and the press perpetuates the idea.
Why wouldn’t a coach want to keep the other coach guessing?
My god that’s been part of sports for time immemorial. 

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 03, 2018, 05:25:02 PM »

Well, it is their job dude. It's not like they're tryin to keep the lunch menu a secret.

And in some cases it actually makes it tougher for the other team to prepare defensively if there is a vast difference in players skill set.

There are only so many reps available in practice. So maybe just a little effective.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 329