Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250125 times)

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #300 on: September 03, 2018, 05:26:59 PM »

Oh shit, I've agreed with Jim again.

Look out for werewolves tonight.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 03, 2018, 05:28:48 PM »

What's up with Edwards. I know your school lost but you're coming a bit unglued over it dude.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 03, 2018, 05:31:08 PM »

Fair enough. Gamesmanship.  But I would love to see Saban say "it doesn't matter who our QB is."
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 03, 2018, 05:36:06 PM »

Saban overeacted to a legit question about what he saw from his QBs.

The reporter was doing her job.

Saban could have answered the question politely without, as he said, disrespecting either player.

If he doesn't want to answer legitimate questions perhaps he should not represent a University.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 05:38:06 PM by bankshot1 »

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 03, 2018, 06:20:54 PM »

Saban overeacted to a legit question about what he saw from his QBs.

The reporter was doing her job.

Saban could have answered the question politely without, as he said, disrespecting either player.

If he doesn't want to answer legitimate questions perhaps he should not represent a University.

Okay overreacted I'll agree with that.  He overreacted. A little bit.

Not a Gundy 'I'm a man' overreaction. Or an Iverson 'Practice', Overreaction.

Certainly not a me responding to Stevie or him to me overreaction.

No, a short 'stop askin' me overreaction.

Pretty wimpy stuff compared to what we fling around in here. Where's the wink emoticon?   

I think the press got their nosey little shorts in a bit of a overreaction about it also. 

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 03, 2018, 06:38:16 PM »

Robert M. Hutchins was right!!!
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 03, 2018, 06:47:44 PM »

If Coach Saban really thought it through he may come to the realization that the interest built by the press over-reacting to college football over the years pays him $10MM a year to teach football compared to a tiny fraction of that earned by some of his other tenured colleagues at the University of Alabama.

And I overreact here for the fun ot it, but for $10MM a year, I'd put some real heat behind it.

also its not the best look to look like a bully to a woman who's only trying to do her job.

Southern chivalry?

« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 06:51:03 PM by bankshot1 »

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 03, 2018, 07:09:15 PM »

I assume that C.H.U.D. was suspended 3 games w/o pay, otherwise it would be a hollow affront to the dignity that he does not possess.

Like when your husband hits you and is not suspended by the head coach??

See that’s a shot to the dignity.

Adding insult to injury for paid leave?

Where do I sign up??

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 03, 2018, 07:47:08 PM »

If Coach Saban really thought it through he may come to the realization that the interest built by the press over-reacting to college football over the years pays him $10MM a year to teach football compared to a tiny fraction of that earned by some of his other tenured colleagues at the University of Alabama.

And I overreact here for the fun ot it, but for $10MM a year, I'd put some real heat behind it.

also its not the best look to look like a bully to a woman who's only trying to do her job.

Southern chivalry?

Agreed, he was a meanie.

10MM puts a lot of pressure on a man. The ordinary dude can't handle that shit. Every once in a while cracks appear.

Okay, slap him up I guess.  :=)

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 03, 2018, 08:24:35 PM »

Southern chivalry?

Agreed, he was a meanie.

10MM puts a lot of pressure on a man. The ordinary dude can't handle that shit. Every once in a while cracks appear.

Meanie?

He acted like a guy who never had a mike in front of him and IMO was defensive about a question any reporter would ask? What were your impressions of the QBs, coach?

I can understand his wanting to protect his kids, and avoid a QB controversy, but he should be ready for scrutiny in his chosen very public arena.   

He could have set a better example for his students than he did by doing a bad Belichick stonewall.

Finger-wagging done.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 03, 2018, 08:27:34 PM »

Looks like the Hokies came into town expecting to play some football.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 03, 2018, 08:30:52 PM »

Southern chivalry?

Agreed, he was a meanie.

Meanie?

He acted like a guy who never had a mike in front of him and IMO was defensive about a question any reporter would ask? What were your impressions of the QBs, coach?

I can understand his wanting to protect his kids, and avoid a QB controversy, but he should be ready for scrutiny in his chosen very public arena.   

He could have set a better example for his students than he did by doing a bad Belichick stonewall.

Finger-wagging done.

:-)

I like the Belichick thing.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 03, 2018, 09:50:14 PM »

Cutach*k sucks, and the worst is Pop, where you are only expected to give 1-2 lines, not a press conference, but a line going to the locker room at the half or whenever:  “What do you think about x...”...wait for it “We need to do better x...” and jogs off, fucking hilarious, how arch!!

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 03, 2018, 10:26:18 PM »

Cutach*k sucks, and the worst is Pop, where you are only expected to give 1-2 lines, not a press conference, but a line going to the locker room at the half or whenever:  “What do you think about x...”...wait for it “We need to do better x...” and jogs off, fucking hilarious, how arch!!
Popovich is all schtick. Everybody knows it and nobody has a bad word to say about him.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 03, 2018, 11:21:30 PM »

Because the NFL has exclusive rights to misogynyguy??

Disgusting
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 329