Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250515 times)

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #420 on: September 18, 2018, 09:04:43 AM »

It took 15 years, but it looks like Steve's old PAWCP label finally fits.

Not entirely.

16-13
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 18, 2018, 01:00:44 PM »

Hey, a PAC conference member beat the best team in the country, albeit in their own stadium with what I can only assume was a huge assist from the referees.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 18, 2018, 01:03:19 PM »

The Big Ten West is thankful for Pac12 South.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 19, 2018, 08:30:07 AM »

The Big Ten West is thankful for Pac12 South.

More thankful for the MAC. LOL

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 19, 2018, 09:43:00 AM »

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24714743/most-important-college-football-game-top-25-team

No. 3 Clemson: Nov. 10 at Boston College:

No team appears to have an easier path to the playoff than the Tigers, who have just one ranked opponent -- No. 23 Boston College -- remaining on their slate. Don't overlook that BC game, though. A mid-November trip to Chestnut Hill is always a challenge, and just last year, the Eagles took Clemson to the wire -- the game was tied early in the fourth quarter -- in Death Valley. This season's BC team is better than last season's, too, and with A.J. Dillon carrying the ball and chewing up clock, there's a real recipe for an upset. -- David M. Hale

No. 4 Ohio State: Sept. 29 at Penn State: Judging by the rest of the Big Ten East and how the season has played out so far, it looks as though Ohio State's most important game will come when the Buckeyes travel to Happy Valley. Both teams have put up big numbers offensively so far this season, and this game came down to the fourth quarter in 2017, with Ohio State sneaking away with a 39-38 victory. If they get through this one, the Buckeyes should have a good shot at returning to the Big Ten championship game and potentially the College Football Playoff. -- Tom VanHaaren

No. 7 Stanford: Nov. 3 at Washington: The Cardinal appear to be the Pac-12's best bet for the College Football Playoff at this point but face a brutal schedule that still includes three road games against teams that are undefeated. And that doesn't include the one that figures to be the toughest: at No. 10 Washington. Oregon, Cal and Washington State are all undefeated, but the two clear favorites remain the Huskies and Cardinal. The assumption here is the winner of their game in Seattle will go on to win the conference title. -- Kyle Bonagura

No. 24 Michigan State: Oct. 20 vs. Michigan: The most important game could certainly be the one against Penn State, at Happy Valley, which could show us what kind of team Michigan State really is. But the following week, Michigan comes to town. Winning that game and going 3-1 over the past four seasons against Harbaugh, Mark Dantonio could put an emphatic stamp on his time in East Lansing. The Spartans are not out of it, but a Big Ten run seems unlikely, so winning this game would be a big deal this season. Losing it would have as important consequences the other way as well. -- VanHaaren

And:

No. 18 Wisconsin: Saturday at Iowa: There's no time like the present. This game more than any will shape the Big Ten West race. And the Badgers' home loss last week to BYU only heightens the urgency to get back to their brand of physical football. Lose this, and games at Michigan and Penn State won't mean as much. Adding to the attractiveness of the night-game matchup, Iowa has allowed 126 rushing yards -- the fewest nationally among teams to play three games. -- Sherman

Cappy Note: Iowa is 3-0. Win this game and their schedule looks pretty favorable all things considered with only an away game at State College to majorly bar their path to an undefeated game. Since they are in the 'weakish' Big 10 West, this could be another perfect storm season for the Hawkeyes like 2015 until Mich State ruined their parade.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 20, 2018, 01:07:00 PM »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 20, 2018, 03:10:30 PM »

I know of one highly-gifted individual who's already a freshman there.   
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 21, 2018, 08:27:54 AM »

https://n.rivals.com/news/three-point-stance-grading-new-coaches-2018-surprises-week-4-picks

1. Jimbo Fisher, Texas A&M – B+ -- This is mainly based on the loss to Clemson as Texas A&M looked good and never went away against one of the best teams in the country. Alabama is looming and that could get ugly, but for now a 2-1 start and a close loss to Clemson has him on top of the list.

My hire grade in December: A+

2. Mario Cristobal, Oregon – B+ -- They haven’t beaten anyone yet but they haven’t lost either and have looked solid for the most part. Stanford is coming up this weekend and could change this grade dramatically, but so far so good at Oregon.

My hire grade in December: B

3. Joe Moorhead, Mississippi State – B+ -- He has his team in the national top 15 and has a good win over Kansas State on the road. Like others, he has some big tests ahead of him especially Auburn and LSU as well as Alabama in November, but so far he’s done very well.

4. Jeremy Pruitt, Tennessee – B – The blowout loss to West Virginia was ugly but I’m giving him a B here because the team is 2-1 and it is headed in the right direction. I could be proven wrong as they face a tough part of their schedule with Florida, Georgia, Auburn, Alabama and South Carolina in their next five games.

5. Herm Edwards, Arizona State – B – Losing to San Diego State brought him down from the top of the list, but that win over Michigan State is still impressive and he’s doing better than I thought he would.

My hire grade in December: D

6. Matt Luke, Ole Miss – C – The win against Texas Tech was a solid one, but that Alabama loss is so ugly it knocks him down to this range. It also didn’t help they gave up 41 points to Southern Illinois.

My hire grade in December: C

7. Dan Mullen, Florida – C – The loss to Kentucky was embarrassing enough and historical enough to drop him into the C ranks despite a 2-1 start. He could swap places with Pruitt if the Gators beat Tennessee.

My hire grade in December: A

8. Scott Frost, Nebraska – D – An 0-2 start hasn’t soured the feelings of the fans, but the Troy loss was a tough one to take even this early in his tenure.

9. Chad Morris, Arkansas – D – He might be in the F range if I wasn’t such an easy grader because Colorado State is not a great loss and the rout against North Texas was embarrassing, but we’ll see what happens.

My hire grade in December: C+

10. Kevin Sumlin, Arizona – D – Arizona looks awful so far with bad losses to BYU (although that win by BYU over Wisconsin makes it look a little better) and Houston. The real problem is how he’s used Khalil Tate (below).

My hire grade in December: Was hired in January

11. Jonathan Smith, Oregon State – D – A 1-2 start isn’t that great. No one expected a win over Ohio State but wins over Southern Utah and Nevada should be expected, no?

My hire grade in December: C

12. Chip Kelly, UCLA – F – Loss, loss and loss. We knew it would take some time to turn UCLA into what he wanted, but losing to Cincinnati and Fresno State so badly wasn’t part of the plan.

13. Willie Taggart, Florida State – F – To me he’s done the worst job despite a win on his resume.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 21, 2018, 02:05:55 PM »

Parlay for a Friday

Penn State  over 44 points
USC   - 4.5
Dodgers    - 1.5 runs

Pays 3.8 units to 1

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 22, 2018, 12:31:32 AM »

As a former semi-degenerate gambler, I admire the passion.

Teaser for a teaser, bro.

Break a leg.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 22, 2018, 12:38:34 AM »

Nervy about BC game, respek, recently had a n acquaintance from Charles town, hilarious in all the lousy ways, nice guy but not going up, I like him a lot, all the best to him, but, he may do time, who knows?

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 22, 2018, 02:02:03 AM »

Yeah, parlay just as hard as teaser, still a sucker bet, sorry, dude.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 22, 2018, 02:03:28 AM »

But 3-game teaser getting 5,5, still alive.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 22, 2018, 02:36:48 PM »

Looks like Purdue was the best 0-3 team in the nation coming into today. :=)

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 22, 2018, 02:40:16 PM »

Rutgers on the other hand is just a pathetic excuse for a power five football team. Some might argue Arkansas and they'd have a good case. But Rutgers is just terrible.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 329