Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250039 times)

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #510 on: September 26, 2018, 07:14:40 PM »

As you say Hurts can still redshirt. And he may because only he knows how happy he is in his mop up role.

But he's been a good teammate and hasn't complained an awful lot and I give him kudos for that.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 26, 2018, 07:16:24 PM »

So who is Bosa's backup?

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 26, 2018, 07:56:23 PM »

A fine young man that one. With the all the new transfer rules it's hard to keep up. I don't know how many games he's appeared in so far but I think they've extended the limit for that.

I believe he has also appeared in four games.   But I think he made it clear he was not planning on transferring.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 26, 2018, 08:01:04 PM »

So Scotty, what do you think your teams biggest problems are. I'm still going with my take in preseason. The DL isn't what it should be. I think you were of a mind that the OL was going to be the main problem. Still feel that way?

OL still looks awful...but I'm starting to lean towards coaching being the biggest problem. Every unit looks good one week and awful the next. Certainly S&C has been a problem for a number of years.  DL has underperformed though - you are right about that.  Lots of kids in the secondary but they are not doing too poorly. 

I think we're about to turn the corner...but then I do have those glasses on still...

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 26, 2018, 08:02:18 PM »

]Hard to go from the accolades when taking over his freshman year and leading Bama to the playoffs twice to go to a.secondary role.

Team player vs Prima Donna.   Like I said...I would hire him.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 26, 2018, 08:13:25 PM »

Hurts will likely transfer after the season(as a graduate of Alabama.)
The difference between him and Bryant is Hurts knew from game one he would play in every game for Alabama this year in a secondary role. Nick Saban took heat from a tone deaf media but that’s what has played out. Of course Hurts can stil red shirt tomorrow and double his eligibility to 2 years or he can play the secondary role in case of injury to Tagovailoa. If he transfers next year think Arizona State and the tutelege of Herm Edwards for an NFL career.
At Clemson Kelly Bryant has had most of the snaps so far in four Tiger wins. Now he finds out he is number two.
BuhBye.
Saban played his hand better than Dabo.
  You mean after Game One?  I'm not sure what the difference is in the situation between the two other than a few games played.  Both QBs found out they were being outplayed by a team mate.

The difference is in the response and it seems to indicate the difference in character between the two.  Hurts sucked it up and is there to support his team. Bryant is Butt Hurt and embarrassed and is acting like a spoiled brat -- leaving his teammates in a lurch.  Who do they have as a back up now?   

If Hurts wants to leave next year...more power to him. No one will begrudge him.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 26, 2018, 08:14:44 PM »

So Scotty, what do you think your teams biggest problems are. I'm still going with my take in preseason. The DL isn't what it should be. I think you were of a mind that the OL was going to be the main problem. Still feel that way?

OL still looks awful...but I'm starting to lean towards coaching being the biggest problem. Every unit looks good one week and awful the next. Certainly S&C has been a problem for a number of years.  DL has underperformed though - you are right about that.  Lots of kids in the secondary but they are not doing too poorly. 

I think we're about to turn the corner...but then I do have those glasses on still...

Often DL push and Secondary play go hand in hand. So all things considered how do you rate the way your new QB has played?

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 26, 2018, 08:23:39 PM »

The difference between him and Bryant is Hurts knew from game one he would play in every game for Alabama this year in a secondary role. Nick Saban took heat from a tone deaf media but that’s what has played out. Of course Hurts can stil red shirt tomorrow and double his eligibility to 2 years or he can play the secondary role in case of injury to Tagovailoa. If he transfers next year think Arizona State and the tutelege of Herm Edwards for an NFL career.
At Clemson Kelly Bryant has had most of the snaps so far in four Tiger wins. Now he finds out he is number two.
BuhBye.
  You mean after Game One?  I'm not sure what the difference is in the situation between the two other than a few games played.  Both QBs found out they were being outplayed by a team mate.

The difference is in the response and it seems to indicate the difference in character between the two.  Hurts sucked it up and is there to support his team. Bryant is Butt Hurt and embarrassed and is acting like a spoiled brat -- leaving his teammates in a lurch.  Who do they have as a back up now?   

If Hurts wants to leave next year...more power to him. No one will begrudge him.

Clemson had another highly rated QB but I think he also transferred, I think when he realized he was going to be third string. I forget his name.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 26, 2018, 08:47:26 PM »

Did a quick check it was Hunter Johnson. Looks like he is going to YG's Northwestern. No doubt to replace the long tenured Thorson.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 26, 2018, 09:04:35 PM »

My Northwestern is playing my Michigan this weekend.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 26, 2018, 09:13:57 PM »

Looks like you are destined for victory bro.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 26, 2018, 09:16:39 PM »

Of course looking at it from the flipside....

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 26, 2018, 09:40:34 PM »

BuhBye.
  You mean after Game One? 
No. Summer practice and thereafter.
The difference is in the response and it seems to indicate the difference in character between the two.  Hurts sucked it up and is there to support his team. Bryant is Butt Hurt and embarrassed and is acting like a spoiled brat -- leaving his teammates in a lurch.
That’s on Dabo whereas Saban has two solid starters.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 26, 2018, 09:51:04 PM »

No. Summer practice and thereafter.
That’s on Dabo whereas Saban has two solid starters.

You are too young to be going senile so that must mean you have taken up recreational crack smoking.

Trevor Lawrence is a true freshman.  He did not come in last year during the championship to bail out the other guy. So why would Dabo have been saying all summer that he wasn't sure who the starter would be?

If you are suggesting that Dabo should have started Kelly Bryant next week so he was "stuck" then I am really disappointed in your definition of character.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 26, 2018, 09:54:26 PM »

So all things considered how do you rate the way your new QB has played?

I thought it was a mistake to make him the game 1 starter.  It was a bigger mistake not to run the damn ball more and put even more pressure on the poor kid.

But I think he is going to be special.  Maybe not Trevor Lawrence special...but pretty darn good.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 329