Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250235 times)

Espnthree

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #525 on: September 26, 2018, 10:00:04 PM »

No. Summer practice and thereafter.
That’s on Dabo whereas Saban has two solid starters.

You are too young to be going senile so that must mean you have taken up recreational crack smoking.

Trevor Lawrence is a true freshman.  He did not come in last year during the championship to bail out the other guy. So why would Dabo have been saying all summer that he wasn't sure who the starter would be?

If you are suggesting that Dabo should have started Kelly Bryant next week so he was "stuck" then I am really disappointed in your definition of character.
I made no point beyond the obvious. Saban has two solid quarterbacks, Dabo has one.

Driver125

• View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 26, 2018, 11:51:05 PM »

I wouldn't have taken you for one of the punctuation police. But, sorry Driver dude really.
Well, normally I’m not. I do like the proper use of words like to (to, too, two)—or your vs. you’re. For some reason, improper use of these words just seems to catch my eye. I just figure if were going to have slagging matches we could at least keep them on a high level. You know—kind of dress it up when demeaning and tearing down your opponent. Particularly when things start slipping into the ugly zone (as they have seemed to with your lawyer pal).
I think one of the key matchups is going to be QB play Driver. My boy is a pretty good QB, but the OSU lad has been putting up Heisman numbers. Bosa being out will hurt.
PSU will put some points on the board. OSU defense has not really come together as a unit (yet)—but they do have a lot of very good athletes on that side of the ball. By seasons end they might be very scary (particularly if Bosa returns). They need to apply constant pressure on Penn State's QB.
I think you are correct about QB play. I have long maintained that the most important person on a college football team is an experienced QB (a certain talent level doesn’t hurt either). Experienced QB’s don’t make the kind of mistakes that give the other team a short field….or kill drives with offense-killing mistakes.
The question for you is going to be on defense. If they give Haskens time to throw he will pick them apart and score a lot of points.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 11:55:43 PM by Driver125 »

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 27, 2018, 12:21:06 AM »

Wish Kelly the best, he took his team to the playoff, so not just ego bruise but with the new rule I respect his decision, no problem.

It’s the new normal when you recruit talent.

It makes us much worse as an offense from a risk management perspective, but that’s a Dabo problem, not on KB.

With the rule, if you have 2 Alpha all-everything with an out, this is dictated by logic not loyalty, I’m not happy, but what else is a kid gonna do, fuck loyalty, seize the day, fuck it, strap it on...

Go tigers, let’s just play ball...

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 27, 2018, 12:36:13 AM »

As far as mismanagement by Daboswines, that’s what any sh!t sportswriter or douchebag troll would assert, what do you write about otherwise?

Sounds like an Onion headline:  “Disloyal QB changes schools, in effort to be starter, using logic, and survival instincts, fans dismayed...”

Ok, not clever, but you get the thrust.

You don’t want the thrust.  But sometimes you get it, go back to Rome you latent homosexuals.

Anyway, good talk.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 27, 2018, 08:42:03 AM »

LOL
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 27, 2018, 10:47:22 AM »

Wish Kelly the best, he took his team to the playoff, so not just ego bruise but with the new rule I respect his decision,
I missed the part about this being his last year of eligibility vs Hurts having this one plus one more. Makes it more understandable. He probably legitimately thought he was going to the NFL and being benched in his senior year was a crushing blow.  I see both sides then.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 27, 2018, 12:41:06 PM »

No little bitch this is how it unfolded. First you couldn't just have one last word you had to have two. First with your last parting shot at me, and then another snide salvo in your next post to JB. Which, rightfully, since you broke the pact, prompted this from me. You were the one that kept it going by your parting jab and then a cheap shot rabbit punch.

Wait, “go ice skating,” wow.
Well, he has me there. I live where there is no naturally occurring ice for hundreds of miles. I do get to wear shorts and sandals outside during Christmas, which is some consolation.

I do find the whole "obsessed" hypocrisy hilarious since I realized last week from one of his eruptions that the dichotomous part of his tagline is supposed to be a dig at me - I have no idea why it is supposed to be, though. I guess I used the word once, or something. The whole taunting a poster by sliding a name in an unrelated post  is what cap does constantly, usually with "skippy" or me, but now it is a sign of obsession. Go figure.

I see with your low self esteem even getting the last word wasn't good enough. You had to have two last words. LMAO  :=)

Even when someone else talks to me your obsession with me makes you have to get your whiny ass in there somehow.

Piss off already dipshit.

Then later I posted this:

Jeez, you aren't gonna start cryin are you?

No wait, I suppose you would have to stop crying first to start again.

I can do this all season asshole. Before I'd always give you the last word but not this time.

So as the forum can see you are full of shit once again. What a devious misleading little coward you are.

Little Bitch.
You always have some excuse for not giving anyone the last word. Always. That is who you are. One of your many unattractive posting traits, along with condescending - sorry if you have to look that up - comments and lame bullying personal insults, and of course declaring yourself a winner in your own mind. It is a pattern of.conduct that shows only your desperate need for validation of your worth, even if the only validation you get is self.validation.

The only person here who ever declares themselves the winner in an argument is you. While I suspect you have convinced your self that no one else is ever right, you might want to consider allternate possibilities.

Any words you need help with, let me know.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 27, 2018, 12:46:18 PM »

So who is Bosa's backup?
My understanding is Jonathan Cooper is getting the starts. He has been a rotational player. Also highly rated coming out of HS.  Not that it.actually needs to be.said.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 27, 2018, 12:52:21 PM »

I wouldn't have taken you for one of the punctuation police. But, sorry Driver dude really.
Well, normally I’m not. I do like the proper use of words like to (to, too, two)—or your vs. you’re. For some reason, improper use of these words just seems to catch my eye.
I call my little.tics like that my Wire Hanger Issues. It is a Mommie Dearest reference.
just figure if were going to have slagging matches we could at least keep them on a high level. You know—kind of dress it up when demeaning and tearing down your opponent. Particularly when things start slipping into the ugly zone (as they have seemed to with your lawyer pal).
I think one of the key matchups is going to be QB play Driver. My boy is a pretty good QB, but the OSU lad has been putting up Heisman numbers. Bosa being out will hurt.
PSU will put some points on the board. OSU defense has not really come together as a unit (yet)—but they do have a lot of very good athletes on that side of the ball. By seasons end they might be very scary (particularly if Bosa returns). They need to apply constant pressure on Penn State's QB.
I think you are correct about QB play. I have long maintained that the most important person on a college football team is an experienced QB (a certain talent level doesn’t hurt either). Experienced QB’s don’t make the kind of mistakes that give the other team a short field….or kill drives with offense-killing mistakes.
The question for you is going to be on defense. If they give Haskens time to throw he will pick them apart and score a lot of points.
Not to down play experience, but give me talent. I suspect Meyer agrees, which explains LSU's starting QB.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 27, 2018, 02:29:30 PM »

No little bitch this is how it unfolded. First you couldn't just have one last word you had to have two. First with your last parting shot at me, and then another snide salvo in your next post to JB. Which, rightfully, since you broke the pact, prompted this from me. You were the one that kept it going by your parting jab and then a cheap shot rabbit punch.

Well, he has me there. I live where there is no naturally occurring ice for hundreds of miles. I do get to wear shorts and sandals outside during Christmas, which is some consolation.

I do find the whole "obsessed" hypocrisy hilarious since I realized last week from one of his eruptions that the dichotomous part of his tagline is supposed to be a dig at me - I have no idea why it is supposed to be, though. I guess I used the word once, or something. The whole taunting a poster by sliding a name in an unrelated post  is what cap does constantly, usually with "skippy" or me, but now it is a sign of obsession. Go figure.

I see with your low self esteem even getting the last word wasn't good enough. You had to have two last words. LMAO  :=)

Even when someone else talks to me your obsession with me makes you have to get your whiny ass in there somehow.

I can do this all season asshole. Before I'd always give you the last word but not this time.

So as the forum can see you are full of shit once again. What a devious misleading little coward you are.

Little Bitch.
You always have some excuse for not giving anyone the last word. Always. That is who you are. One of your many unattractive posting traits, along with condescending - sorry if you have to look that up - comments and lame bullying personal insults, and of course declaring yourself a winner in your own mind. It is a pattern of.conduct that shows only your desperate need for validation of your worth, even if the only validation you get is self.validation.

The only person here who ever declares themselves the winner in an argument is you. While I suspect you have convinced your self that no one else is ever right, you might want to consider allternate possibilities.

I was ready to let it drop. I had hoped you'd show some stones and admit your error or just remain silent when confronted with the clear proof. Everyone could see it.

As to the rest it's your same tired rhetoric. You want to keep it going, it's up to you I've got plenty of gas in the tank.

Up to you.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 27, 2018, 02:40:04 PM »

So who is Bosa's backup?
My understanding is Jonathan Cooper is getting the starts. He has been a rotational player. Also highly rated coming out of HS.  Not that it.actually needs to be.said.

I thought maybe they'd put Young on Bosa's side.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 27, 2018, 02:44:50 PM »

Little Bitch.

I was ready to let it drop. I had hoped you'd show some stones and admit your error or just remain silent when confronted with the clear proof. Everyone could see it.

As to the rest it's your same tired rhetoric. You want to keep it going, it's up to you I've got plenty of gas in the tank.

Up to you.
You are never ready to let anything drop. Except on your own terms, which involves you getting the last shot.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 02:47:24 PM by whiskeypriest »

Driver125

• View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 27, 2018, 02:49:08 PM »

Not to down play experience, but give me talent. I suspect Meyer agrees, which explains LSU's starting QB.
I can certainly see how you might argue for talent. You can’t teach natural ability. But even the most talented can screw that up with poor decision making. It’s like watching a freshman play as compared to a seasoned senior. A really good team can still win with an average QB who doesn’t make critical in-game mistakes, but even the most talented can lose you a game due to mental mistakes.
P.S.—The LSU QB might be a perfect example. Nobody thought that he was the best college QB that they have ever seen. And nobody would trade him for the current OSU QB. But he won that Auburn game with steady (if unspectacular) play—by not making mistakes and turning the ball over and making just enough positive plays to win.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 27, 2018, 06:16:06 PM »

The thing we are not talking about is the OSU running game which really is the wild card here I think.

Driver125

• View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 28, 2018, 11:06:54 AM »

The thing we are not talking about is the OSU running game which really is the wild card here I think.
‘Wild card’ is an excellent term for it. They have two experienced running backs with an improved O line. If they use the pass to open up the running game they should do well. They can’t allow PSU to fill up the ‘box’ with eight people to stop the running game and then to blitz the QB if he drops to pass.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 329