Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250144 times)

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #570 on: September 30, 2018, 02:52:35 PM »

Sure it's possible to butt into a conversation, public forum notwithstanding As always we disagree.

Regular season including conference playoffs it looks like.

Nobody
Bama
Nobody
Nobody
Nobody
Nobody

Of course tht can't be right.
Well, that iz my point. There are 5 Power 5ish teams with an ex ellent chance to go unbeaten. Unlikely they all will, but it would be fun if they all do. ND and ClemSIN have the easiest schedules. Oklahoma is right behind. OSU has the two Michigan schools and I still think Wisky. Obama's schedule is tough, with LSU and Auburn and Veorgia but it is hard.to see anyone beating them, except maybe the Chiefs.

My autocorrect is taunting me.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 30, 2018, 04:19:13 PM »

Sure it's possible to butt into a conversation, public forum notwithstanding As always we disagree.

Nobody
Bama
Nobody
Nobody
Nobody
Nobody

Well, that iz my point. There are 5 Power 5ish teams with an ex ellent chance to go unbeaten. Unlikely they all will, but it would be fun if they all do. ND and ClemSIN have the easiest schedules. Oklahoma is right behind. OSU has the two Michigan schools and I still think Wisky. Obama's schedule is tough, with LSU and Auburn and Veorgia but it is hard.to see anyone beating them, except maybe the Chiefs.

OSU and the Badgers  can only meet in the Big  Ten Championship Game.
Should several of the Power Fives lose a game I think the Big  Ten might have a shot at 2 teams
( undefeated OSU and one loss Penn State)
The Lions have games left with MSU, Iowa, and Wisconsin at home and @Michigan.
Run that table and PSU is 11-1 with just a one point loss to the Buckeyes.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 30, 2018, 04:52:56 PM »

Nobody
Bama
Nobody
Nobody
Nobody
Nobody

My autocorrect is taunting me.

I agree that Clemson and ND have the seeming easiest path. Oklahoma probably has to deal with West Virginia who could take them out. Texas and Oklahoma? I don't think Texas has the offense to hang with the Sooners or the defense to slow them down.

Bama and OSU are on paper probably the hardest.

The way the SEC East is starting to shape up Georgia has some tough games ahead too IMO. I'm starting to warm up to Kentucky the more I watch them.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 05:17:58 PM by CaptainCargo »
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 30, 2018, 04:58:01 PM »

Nobody
Bama
Nobody
Nobody
Nobody
Nobody

OSU and the Badgers  can only meet in the Big  Ten Championship Game.
Should several of the Power Fives lose a game I think the Big  Ten might have a shot at 2 teams
( undefeated OSU and one loss Penn State)
The Lions have games left with MSU, Iowa, and Wisconsin at home and @Michigan.
Run that table and PSU is 11-1 with just a one point loss to the Buckeyes.

Yes, right about the Badgers but we are including the Conference possible playoff games in this discussion.

As too OSU and PSU both having a 'shot' at this particular juncture I would have to agree.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 05:00:15 PM by CaptainCargo »

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #574 on: September 30, 2018, 05:26:06 PM »

One loss PSU, one loss Georgia/Bama are still in the mix, even without a conference championship. Committee has been consistent that they do not generally consider two loss teams equal to one loss teams. I just do .of think we are likely to have two two loss champs, like we had last year. Three, really, putting Our Lady of the Perpetual Tie into the mix.

Driver125

• View Profile
« Reply #575 on: September 30, 2018, 05:32:43 PM »

As too OSU and PSU both having a 'shot' at this particular juncture I would have to agree.
Cap:
Unbelievable play call by your coach on PSU’s final play. OSU had been trying to get the ball out of McSorley’s hands the entire game and here your own coach does it for them on the most crucial play of the game. If I were playing for or coaching Penn State I would have rather announced to the OSU defense before the play went off that the ball was going to McSorley rather than giving it to anyone else. Franklin took the blame, but I can’t see how he made that particular decision. I thought he was smart.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: September 30, 2018, 06:21:46 PM »

Cap:
Unbelievable play call by your coach on PSU’s final play. OSU had been trying to get the ball out of McSorley’s hands the entire game and here your own coach does it for them on the most crucial play of the game. If I were playing for or coaching Penn State I would have rather announced to the OSU defense before the play went off that the ball was going to McSorley rather than giving it to anyone else. Franklin took the blame, but I can’t see how he made that particular decision. I thought he was smart.

Not the play I would have called. But I believe he saw a defensive look from the OSU defense. Took a timeout thought the OSU DC would then zig and instead the OSU DC stayed pat. And so he just plain got out thought by the OSU DC. It happens all the time, all the time. I've got zero problem with Franklin or the call and I'm not quite ready yet to burn him in effigy.

And I give a 'little' credit to the guy making the play and the entire OSU defensive front. Helluva effort on the kids part.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 30, 2018, 06:55:05 PM »

TOSU vs. Penn State game earned an impressive 6.1 overnight TV rating, making it the highest-rated game of the season on any network.

It also ranks among ABC's top five highest-rated September Saturday games on record.

It also received more than double the ratings of the other concurrent top-10 showdown between No. 7 Notre Dame and No. 8 Stanford, topping its score of 2.56.

Ohio State's 27-26 win was the best regular season game on the ESPN family of networks in more than a calendar year, dating back to last season's kickoff weekend.

Ratings peaked at a whopping 8.2 as the Buckeyes completed a come-from-behind fourth quarter victory between 11:15 and 11:30 marking the highest overnight peak in college football this season among all networks.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 30, 2018, 07:18:43 PM »

Scru tOSU and the bucknut they rode in on, PSU pissed that one away, ridic.

But:  Survive and advance they did, go and go likewise gents.

I am here on a mission of mercy, I told Mitch and Murray that they should fire your @ss...

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 30, 2018, 07:48:56 PM »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 30, 2018, 07:57:47 PM »

Every few seasons, going all the way to back to Bear Bryant (see Fran Curci, Jerry Claiborne, Hal Mumme and Rich Brooks) Kentucky puts together a half-way decent season, we get headlines telling us "Kentucky: It's Not Just a Basketball School Anymore" and then they go right on back to being a basketball school.  I figure they'll wind up 8-4, likely lose in a bowl game and go right on back to where they've been.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 30, 2018, 08:06:49 PM »

I think they have a realistically decent shot at 10-2.

Yes I said it. Sometimes a team just has a great year.

As far as going back to obscurity, well you may be right about that.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 30, 2018, 08:38:19 PM »

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24849721/ohio-state-buckeyes-no-3-notre-dame-fighting-irish-no-6-latest-poll

Kentucky continues to inch its way up. Bama not a consensus #1

Actually, there is technically a consensus. What there isn't is unanimity.

Two people in that poll are clearly being contrarian for the sake of being argumentative. I hate when people do that.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 30, 2018, 08:46:53 PM »

One year ago PennState ahead by 3 scores heading into the fourth quarter in Columbus lost the lead  and faced a fourth down at midfield to keep alive a field goal try to win the game.
Despite having a stellar runnng back in Sashquon Barkeley  the coaches called for  a pass. OSU broke it up.
This year  after losing a two score lead in the 4th, and facing a 4th down with similar conditions and having a premier passer AND runner in QB McSorley the brain trust called another runners’ number and OSU blew it up.
See Ball
Get Ball
Spielman 101.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 30, 2018, 08:59:10 PM »

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24849721/ohio-state-buckeyes-no-3-notre-dame-fighting-irish-no-6-latest-poll

Kentucky continues to inch its way up. Bama not a consensus #1

Actually, there is technically a consensus. What there isn't is unanimity.

Two people in that poll are clearly being contrarian for the sake of being argumentative. I hate when people do that.

Not our style for sure.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 329