Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250055 times)

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #735 on: October 22, 2018, 09:34:39 AM »

What if LSU is the SEC Champion with 2 losses?
Cf, Penn State in 2016 and OSU last year. Not that LSU can win the conference with two losses, since a.second loss in Conference makes their path to the championship game much harder, but a two loss Gods Conference Champ would be sidelined in favor of a one loss Alabama. The Committee in its final rankings do not see 1 and 2 loss teams as having similar resumes. And since conference champions, like head to head, only get separate consideration when the resumes are similar, the Committee has consistently kept a two loss champion out in favor of a strong one loss team on the basis of the over all resumes.

Maybe, Maybe not.

For instance Bama could lose
Sorry, you lost me right there.
And everybody else.

Quiet twit.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: October 22, 2018, 01:08:12 PM »

It occurs to me that there is a very real chance the playoff teams will be Alabama, ClemSIN, Our Lad.of the Perpetual Tie, and Meatchicken, which is my definition of Hell. Nothing to root for.but the sweet oblivion of death.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #737 on: October 22, 2018, 01:28:55 PM »

It occurs to me that there is a very real chance the playoff teams will be Alabama, ClemSIN, Our Lad.of the Perpetual Tie, and Meatchicken, which is my definition of Hell. Nothing to root for.but the sweet oblivion of death.

Well you could root for LSU to knock off Bama this week-end, and then run the SEC table.

Then pray to Our Lady of Big Time Football (a position formerly held by Condi Rice) doesn't seed Saban's hordes #4

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #738 on: October 22, 2018, 02:01:00 PM »

Actually, all four losing would be enough. Though Alabama would probably have to lose twice.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: October 22, 2018, 03:03:33 PM »

On the other hand I would find that lineup very appealing.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #740 on: October 23, 2018, 02:00:27 PM »

I imagine whisk finds the inclusion of meatchicken* and NBCDOME the most egregious or morally disconcerting.

ALA, CLEM I could see as oh, them again, but I can’t think of teams anyone would really rather watch other than their own.

On ND:  Look how they barely escaped Wake Florist, a team that we were playing 3rd stringers against in the second half.

I don’t think we are a lock, because football tends to throw curveballs (cough).

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #741 on: October 23, 2018, 02:12:50 PM »

I imagine whisk finds the inclusion of meatchicken* and NBCDOME the most egregious or morally disconcerting.

ALA, CLEM I could see as oh, them again, but I can’t think of teams anyone would really rather watch other than their own.

On ND:  Look how they barely escaped Wake Florist, a team that we were playing 3rd stringers against in the second half.

I don’t think we are a lock, because football tends to throw curveballs (cough).
You are forgetting my oft stated opinion that ClemSIN could not beat Indiana, and my utter moral revulsion at the thought of Nick "Traitor" Satan.

Obviously lot of football to be played, and while Alabama is pretty much a mortal lock even with one loss, there is a real chance of three conferences with a two loss champ.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #742 on: October 23, 2018, 03:31:06 PM »

You can’t not like a team with 3 backs that go for 125 each in a game.

We ar so flipping loaded.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #743 on: October 23, 2018, 03:45:36 PM »

Here's a game I'll always remember.  In 1983 Maryland was ranked 7th and went down to play Auburn who was ranked 2nd or 3rd.  Tommie Agee rushed for over 200 yards and Lionel James and Bo both went over 100 themselves.  And yet Maryland was in the game almost the whole way.  Maybe Boomer's best game.  I'll always remember that one.  Bobby Ross was a great coach.

The next week they were destroyed by Clemson.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #744 on: October 23, 2018, 03:51:47 PM »

We were still cheating then. 😏😏😏

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #745 on: October 23, 2018, 04:00:10 PM »

We paid the favor back the following year in Baltimore in a game highlighted by Kevin Glover pancaking The Refrigerator several times.   That game was the week after the famous comeback against Miami.   
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 05:30:29 PM by Yankguy1 »
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #746 on: October 23, 2018, 05:08:57 PM »

Every few years there is a team hailed as the greatest ever college football team.   Bama could lose...happens all the time.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #747 on: October 24, 2018, 06:15:38 PM »

If Tua stays healthy, they will win everything going away.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #748 on: October 24, 2018, 07:07:57 PM »

Last year's Tua is this year's Trevor.  He's coming fast
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #749 on: October 24, 2018, 09:14:41 PM »

Unless  they lose. .
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 329