Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250045 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #810 on: October 31, 2018, 09:03:21 PM »

What's wrong with you?
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #811 on: October 31, 2018, 09:16:50 PM »

Just making fun of you, is all.

Good sport for me as my knee hasnt allowed me to play of late.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #812 on: October 31, 2018, 09:29:33 PM »

You really are a stupid, lying motherfucker. I haven't called Durkin a killer, murderer or even a bad person. But he was in charge of a program where a child died needlessly. And you, a parent, think it's somehow amusing.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #813 on: October 31, 2018, 09:54:05 PM »

Have you ever HAD that type responsibility - EVER in your life?

You act as if this guy was not as crushed by his player's death as everyone else that knew the young man.

Jeez - have some respect for the profession.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #814 on: October 31, 2018, 10:05:14 PM »

That he was "crushed" by the death is horribly irrelevant. You think his feeling terrible about a child entrusted to his care dying for no reason is enough? He failed in handling a responsibility you think important enough to ask if I've ever had. You seem to think an "oops my bad" is enough. And my not "showing some respect for the profession" is somehow important?  Would you entrust your children to somebody so careless with the lives of other's children?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 10:08:09 PM by Yankguy1 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #815 on: October 31, 2018, 10:14:22 PM »

You dont know SHIT

Just wait to see how culpable/negligent they find him in the lawsuit (hint - he'll skate - but initially have some trouble finding work because of dumb shits like Stephen A and your ilk).

Stephen A link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m32FZrwZGvY

It was a terrible thing that happened - no denying.

Now answer my question re:  Dan Patrick

Or avoid - as you so often like.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #816 on: October 31, 2018, 10:16:59 PM »

Max Kellerman doesnt think Durkin had the program on the right track.

Interesting.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #817 on: October 31, 2018, 10:19:02 PM »

He was in charge of a program that let a kid die.  I know that SHIT.

What question is that? Have I ever had the responsibility of taking care of and watching out for other people' s children? Why yes I have.

Now answer my question. Would you let your kids, brilliant athletes we've been told, play for a coach who was so careless?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 10:22:24 PM by Yankguy1 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #818 on: October 31, 2018, 10:21:09 PM »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #819 on: October 31, 2018, 10:23:29 PM »

As far as not on the right track, coaching football at Maryland is a terrible job.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #820 on: October 31, 2018, 10:59:26 PM »

What question is that? Have I ever had the responsibility of taking care of and watching out for other people' s children? Why yes I have.

Now answer my question. Would you let your kids, brilliant athletes we've been told, play for a coach who was so careless?

How was this coach careless that day?

Is he to

a)  tell every kid with a cramp to stop training

b)  follow every kid to the trainers room and OVERSEE what the trainers are doing - OVERRULING their expertise when he feels fit?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #821 on: October 31, 2018, 11:04:22 PM »

Sounds like this coach in the end was canned because he was an old school maniac prick in trying to get the most of his players (one way of coaching) - not because a player died while on his roster.

A close family member of mine played for a coach like that - and would have run through a wall for the guy.  Well respected 40-year coach, even in his well-known madness.

Now this

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/21/health/football-deaths-season-injuries-high-school-college-trnd/index.html

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #822 on: October 31, 2018, 11:32:16 PM »

Is he to

b)  follow every kid to the trainers room and OVERSEE what the trainers are doing - OVERRULING their expertise when he feels fit?
He was in charge of hiring coaches and trainers who didn't know what to do with a child in obvious distress. Why is it hard for you to acknowledge that chief executive takes the fall for the incompetence of his underlings.  Now, my question.  Though your continuing to not answer it suggests that you would have no trouble with your kids, we've been told they're terrific athletes, playing for DJ Durkin.  You're a very trusting man.

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #823 on: November 01, 2018, 07:38:44 AM »

Are Kiid and Mr. Utley the same poster

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: November 01, 2018, 03:15:06 PM »

Is he to

He was in charge of hiring coaches and trainers who didn't know what to do with a child in obvious distress. Why is it hard for you to acknowledge that chief executive takes the fall for the incompetence of his underlings.  Now, my question.  Though your continuing to not answer it suggests that you would have no trouble with your kids, we've been told they're terrific athletes, playing for DJ Durkin.  You're a very trusting man.

Again agreed.

Which is why I thought Meyer should have been canned.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 329