Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250630 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #840 on: November 02, 2018, 12:04:20 PM »

Geaux Tigers

No Controversy.  Supporting Coach O.   And dislike Alabama anyway.   Enough is enough.  Someone will beat them this year.  Everytime people start talking about the "greatest football team in college history" during the middle of the season...the writing is on the wall.

You know where I'm going...

IF (big IF) Bama loses a close game on the road to #3, and LSU and Bama both win out, the pressure will remain on the committee to double-dip on the SEC.

Reading rationales from the interested parties will be be fun.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: November 02, 2018, 12:20:42 PM »

Geaux Tigers

No Controversy.  Supporting Coach O.   And dislike Alabama anyway.   Enough is enough.  Someone will beat them this year.  Everytime people start talking about the "greatest football team in college history" during the middle of the season...the writing is on the wall.

IF (big IF) Bama loses a close game on the road to #3, and LSU and Bama both win out, the pressure will remain on the committee to double-dip on the SEC.

A once beaten non-SEC champ Alabama is in the playoffs. Provided the actual SEC champ has only one loss, that puts two God's Conference teams in.

I suspect we get two unbeaten teams, one conference champs.with one loss and.mayem for that.final spot.

I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #842 on: November 02, 2018, 12:30:37 PM »

Whisk:

I don’t understand:  We agree that coaches are not responsible for the behavior of their coaches not at work.

If Meyer failed to act in a disciplinary manner or worse, as is the case, failed to act when he knew, lied about not knowing, caught lying about not knowing by university, ad nauseum.

Why shouldn’t he have been fired.

Because he didn’t hit the guys wife himself?

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #843 on: November 02, 2018, 12:38:06 PM »

I’m being fatuous Jeffery, but imputing responsibility for the act is not at issue in the Meyer case, one about mendacity and lies big daddy...

As far as not following ordinary protocols regarding hydration/health, every head coach who ignores science and goes with the water is for pussies theory of coaching should be subject to a strict standard.  Any D1 team without a hydration coach next year and health monitoring protocols is missing the point, right.

Norms evolve.

I think the dam has kinda broken on the “water” controversy in coaching.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 01:46:13 PM by jbottle »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #844 on: November 02, 2018, 12:43:25 PM »

jbottle:

In today's Washington Post there was an article written by Chuck Culpepper (who is excellent) about possibilities for the Maryland job next year.  It appears that his conclusion is that Maryland should go after someone, anyone, currently on the Clemson staff. 

I've said it before, as far as Power 5 Conference jobs goes, I think Maryland's is one of the worst. 
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #845 on: November 02, 2018, 12:45:47 PM »

Geaux Tigers

A once beaten non-SEC champ Alabama is in the playoffs. Provided the actual SEC champ has only one loss, that puts two God's Conference teams in.

I suspect we get two unbeaten teams, one conference champs.with one loss and.mayem for that.final spot.

Just taking a quick look, it looks like a couple of former Eastern Indie powerhouses, now ACC carpet-baggers, BC and Syracuse, might throw throw a monkey wrench into post-January travel plans for a couple of undefeated titans, and add to the mayhem.

a very used Trojan might also be a problem

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #846 on: November 02, 2018, 02:00:49 PM »

Little Red Corvette much??

[£]

Well, I doubt our DC would jump at the MY job, and he’s the top candididate from our program.

Our OOC tandem presents a problem in that they would be splitting up and taking on responsibility neither has the resume (or stomach) for...

You can also live like a King on what those guys make in Clemson...

MD you probably spend a million and a half on a house before you spend much else...

All of the jobs in FLA are better than MY now, and more favorable destinations for players as well.

The equation is simple:  How much $$ can you save in 5 years before getting canned??

Also:  Our DC requires the best “hold-back” man in the country.  We pay ours $400K, and you can’t just “find” one, if you don’t identify that man by 7th grade, he will not develop properly.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #847 on: November 02, 2018, 02:34:37 PM »

Whisk:

I don’t understand:  We agree that coaches are not responsible for the behavior of their coaches not at work.

If Meyer failed to act in a disciplinary manner or worse, as is the case, failed to act when he knew, lied about not knowing, caught lying about not knowing by university, ad nauseum.

Why shouldn’t he have been fired.

Because he didn’t hit the guys wife himself?
Well he followed the reporting protocol. Lying to the press about it was not viewed as dischareable after an investigation, but worthy of discipline. I have no problem with that decision. I would not have had a problem with firing him, though that would not have been my decision. Some people want him fired because be is Urban Meyer or the school is OSU.  Some because they came out publicly for discharge before learning all the facts and refuse to adjust their opinions for those facts. Some think there is only one club in the disciplinary bag. Some legitimately think that what he actually did deserved discharge. I have my opinion of where cap lies.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 02:46:46 PM by whiskeypriest »

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #848 on: November 02, 2018, 02:41:47 PM »

Have you ever considered simply using the phrase 'we disagree'?

From the poster who spent three weeks arguing anyone who thought Meyer should not be fired actually agreed with you but was either making excuses.for Meyer or arguing for the sake of.arguing.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 02:50:33 PM by whiskeypriest »

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #849 on: November 02, 2018, 02:49:11 PM »

Geaux Tigers

Just taking a quick look, it looks like a couple of former Eastern Indie powerhouses, now ACC carpet-baggers, BC and Syracuse, might throw throw a monkey wrench into post-January travel plans for a couple of undefeated titans, and add to the mayhem.

a very used Trojan might also be a problem
I think there is a decent chance that Cal, Texs and North by Northwest could each ram a rod through the spokes tomorrow.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: November 02, 2018, 04:01:08 PM »

I’m being fatuous Jeffery, but imputing responsibility for the act is not at issue in the Meyer case, one about mendacity and lies big daddy...

As far as not following ordinary protocols regarding hydration/health, every head coach who ignores science and goes with the water is for pussies theory of coaching should be subject to a strict standard.  Any D1 team without a hydration coach next year and health monitoring protocols is missing the point, right.

Norms evolve.

I think the dam has kinda broken on the “water” controversy in coaching.

Yep.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: November 02, 2018, 04:17:00 PM »

Have you ever considered simply using the phrase 'we disagree'?

From the poster who spent three weeks arguing anyone who thought Meyer should not be fired actually agreed with you but was either making excuses.for Meyer or arguing for the sake of.arguing.

First, let me say about your response to my post that you can cherry pick with the best of them.

Second, I've used the we disagree model before on others and on you. It never works with you. You on the other hand you have never attempted to use that model on me.

Additionally even after I have used the 'we disagree' model you will still be attacking the windmill. In other words, if we don't have a full blown donnybrook you are simply not satisfied. I was just wondering, just out of curiosity, if you ever used that model with anyone else. Or if it was, FLAG on Stevo for targeting. LOL

So, to reCap(I crack myself up) in your case, you invite abuse. So, it would be impolite of me not to oblige you. And impolite of you not to accept it.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #852 on: November 02, 2018, 04:33:37 PM »

So you guys just can’t agree to disagree that you can’t agree to disagree?

Where is the bottle??

Not me...

Spin it you silly teenagers!!

Get a room already!!

(cough)

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #853 on: November 02, 2018, 04:41:53 PM »

Whisk and I agreed that water is wet and that the H2OC position is coming.  Fill it, gentlemen. 

Laugh if you must but Coordinator of Hydration, don’t call it a glorified “water boy,” is coming...

This is a  FUCKING.  WATER.  MAN.

...man...

Hey who is fucking close to water.  Coors Light??

Har Har Har ASSHOLES!!

Your H20C IS!!

At all times!!

WATER??

WHAT IS IT??
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 04:44:43 PM by jbottle »

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: November 02, 2018, 06:18:11 PM »

So you guys just can’t agree to disagree that you can’t agree to disagree?

Where is the bottle??

Not me...

Spin it you silly teenagers!!

Get a room already!!

(cough)

You're just catching on now? 
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 329