Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250011 times)

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #855 on: November 02, 2018, 06:55:23 PM »

Have you ever considered simply using the phrase 'we disagree'?

From the poster who spent three weeks arguing anyone who thought Meyer should not be fired actually agreed with you but was either making excuses.for Meyer or arguing for the sake of.arguing.

First, let me say about your response to my post that you can cherry pick with the best of them.

Second, I've used the we disagree model before on others and on you. It never works with you. You on the other hand you have never attempted to use that model on me.

Additionally even after I have used the 'we disagree' model you will still be attacking the windmill. In other words, if we don't have a full blown donnybrook you are simply not satisfied. I was just wondering, just out of curiosity, if you ever used that model with anyone else. Or if it was, FLAG on Stevo for targeting. LOL

So, to reCap(I crack myself up) in your case, you invite abuse. So, it would be impolite of me not to oblige you. And impolite of you not to accept it.
You are the forum king of projection.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #856 on: November 02, 2018, 07:07:42 PM »

A once beaten non-SEC champ Alabama is in the playoffs.

...whether they deserve to be in or not?

An unbeaten Clemson and an unbeaten Notre Dame would certainly be in and a 1 loss Michigan team would be just as if not more deserving than a one loss Alabama non conference champion.

But you are probably right, because after all it's Alabama.   So far the committee approach has been a complete joke as far as I'm concerned. 
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #857 on: November 02, 2018, 07:11:06 PM »

It would not be that expensive to put monitors on each kid for every practice that would disclose immediately any sort of serious distress.   My guess is this is not far off.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #858 on: November 02, 2018, 07:15:56 PM »

An unbeaten Clemson and an unbeaten Notre Dame would certainly be in and a 1 loss Michigan team would be just as if not more deserving than a one loss Alabama non conference champion.

But you are probably right, because after all it's Alabama.   So far the committee approach has been a complete joke as far as I'm concerned.
I may have been too sure. The Committee has never elevated a one loss non-champ over a one loss conference champ. They may decide that the two one loss teams have similar resumes, and apply the tie breaker factors like head to head or conference champs.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: November 02, 2018, 07:40:06 PM »

Have you ever considered simply using the phrase 'we disagree'?

From the poster who spent three weeks arguing anyone who thought Meyer should not be fired actually agreed with you but was either making excuses.for Meyer or arguing for the sake of.arguing.

First, let me say about your response to my post that you can cherry pick with the best of them.

Second, I've used the we disagree model before on others and on you. It never works with you. You on the other hand you have never attempted to use that model on me.

Additionally even after I have used the 'we disagree' model you will still be attacking the windmill. In other words, if we don't have a full blown donnybrook you are simply not satisfied. I was just wondering, just out of curiosity, if you ever used that model with anyone else. Or if it was, FLAG on Stevo for targeting. LOL

So, to reCap(I crack myself up) in your case, you invite abuse. So, it would be impolite of me not to oblige you. And impolite of you not to accept it.
You are the forum king of projection.

And you have usurped King James' position of the forum's opaque projector.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: November 02, 2018, 07:49:25 PM »

I've been raggin on the Commitee from day 1 so you'll get little argument from me about their approach and so-called 'rules'.

But,

The two best teams in the country played in the final last year. Both were from the SEC.

Of course granted that is just one incredibly intelligent and perceptive persons opinion yes. But I also think the majority of the folks out there agree if they are completely honest about it. Some albeit grudgingly I suppose.

But I'm jus sayin. … 

BTW anyone have an opinion of 4-3 Iowa State being in at #24?

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #861 on: November 02, 2018, 08:28:04 PM »

I've been raggin on the Commitee from day 1 so you'll get little argument from me about their approach and so-called 'rules'.

But,

The two best teams in the country played in the final last year. Both were from the SEC.

Of course granted that is just one incredibly intelligent and perceptive persons opinion yes. But I also think the majority of the folks out there agree if they are completely honest about it. Some albeit grudgingly I suppose.

But I'm jus sayin. … 

Because 8n cap land, there are only two types of people: those who agree with him and those who are not "completely honest".

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: November 02, 2018, 08:57:48 PM »

The targeting rule sucks shit on a stick.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: November 02, 2018, 09:05:03 PM »

But,

But I'm jus sayin. … 

Because 8n cap land, there are only two types of people: those who agree with him and those who are not "completely honest".

You know you really whine about me way too much for a grown up man. I mean it's really not my fault you aren't bright enough to win a discussion.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 09:20:27 PM by CaptainCargo »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #864 on: November 02, 2018, 10:27:04 PM »

Now it appears that Maryland's university accreditation is under review. I think some thought might need to be given to getting out of the D1 sports game.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Driver125

• View Profile
« Reply #865 on: November 03, 2018, 02:16:39 AM »

Now it appears that Maryland's university accreditation is under review. I think some thought might need to be given to getting out of the D1 sports game.
Well, no one in the Big 10 would miss them, where they never have got it in gear. Perhaps they would be missed on the basketball end.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #866 on: November 03, 2018, 11:12:55 AM »

But,

But I'm jus sayin. … 

You know you really whine about me way too much for a grown up man. I mean it's really not my fault you aren't bright enough to win a discussion.
No, it is your fault for thinking it is possible to "win" a discussion. And for failing to see the contradiction between that concept and "Have you ever considered simply using the phrase "we disagree".

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #867 on: November 03, 2018, 11:17:18 AM »

The targeting rule sucks shit on a stick.

Just saw that play called on LSU for the first time. There is no way that should have been called targeting.  Alabama has some refs rooting for them.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #868 on: November 03, 2018, 11:18:11 AM »

Well, no one in the Big 10 would miss them, where they never have got it in gear. Perhaps they would be missed on the basketball end.
Whether or not the Big Whatever would miss them has nought to do with sports and.on field results, and more.to do with getting the Big 10 Network on cable systems on the east coast.

And if it was about sports, I am relatively sure the University of Manslaughter participates in other sports besides football and men's hoops.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 11:21:21 AM by whiskeypriest »

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #869 on: November 03, 2018, 11:18:56 AM »

Now it appears that Maryland's university accreditation is under review.

Why is it under review?  And what has that got to do with their involvement in D1 sports or their decision to reinstate Durkin?
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 329