Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250377 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #870 on: November 03, 2018, 11:31:53 AM »

The accreditatio commission will be looking at the school's  "ethics " "integrity" and "support of the student experience" in light of what's taken place the last few months. They won't lose their accreditation, but it's a wake-up call.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #871 on: November 03, 2018, 11:43:12 AM »

got a link?
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: November 03, 2018, 11:44:39 AM »

A once beaten non-SEC champ Alabama is in the playoffs.

...whether they deserve to be in or not?

An unbeaten Clemson and an unbeaten Notre Dame would certainly be in and a 1 loss Michigan team would be just as if not more deserving than a one loss Alabama non conference champion.

But you are probably right, because after all it's Alabama.   So far the committee approach has been a complete joke as far as I'm concerned.

I've been raggin on the Commitee from day 1 so you'll get little argument from me about their approach and so-called 'rules'.

But,

The two best teams in the country played in the final last year. Both were from the SEC.

Of course granted that is just one incredibly intelligent and perceptive persons opinion yes. But I also think the majority of the folks out there agree if they are completely honest about it. Some albeit grudgingly I suppose.

But I'm jus sayin. … 

BTW anyone have an opinion of 4-3 Iowa State being in at #24?
Because 8n cap land, there are only two types of people: those who agree with him and those who are not "completely honest".

You know you really whine about me way too much for a grown up man. I mean it's really not my fault you aren't bright enough to win a discussion.
No, it is your fault for thinking it is possible to "win" a discussion. And for failing to see the contradiction between that concept and "Have you ever considered simply using the phrase "we disagree".

There is no fault in thinking winning is possible our type of 'discussion'? What fucking planet do you live on? You make them a war every fucking time.

And once again, I've used the we disagree phrase on you more than once. And every time you have made me see that trying that with you is futile. The only thing you understand is getting whupped. And even after that event you are seldom bright enough to understand you've just morphed into a walker once again.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 12:03:10 PM by CaptainCargo »
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: November 03, 2018, 11:46:06 AM »

The targeting rule sucks shit on a stick.

Just saw that play called on LSU for the first time. There is no way that should have been called targeting.  Alabama has some refs rooting for them.

A love tap at best.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: November 03, 2018, 11:53:09 AM »

Now it appears that Maryland's university accreditation is under review. I think some thought might need to be given to getting out of the D1 sports game.

I think they are more than a little symptomatic of several D1 colleges out there today. I'm surprised it doesn't happen much more often. Or maybe it does and I'm just not aware of it. 

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: November 03, 2018, 12:00:16 PM »

Now it appears that Maryland's university accreditation is under review. I think some thought might need to be given to getting out of the D1 sports game.
Well, no one in the Big 10 would miss them, where they never have got it in gear. Perhaps they would be missed on the basketball end.

They and Rutgers.

Both schools went after the money. And who can blame them? Rutgers was latched onto IMO mostly for its marketing value as was Maryland. Not because of any sort of football threat to the old B10 established football powers.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: November 03, 2018, 12:15:14 PM »

An unbeaten Clemson and an unbeaten Notre Dame would certainly be in and a 1 loss Michigan team would be just as if not more deserving than a one loss Alabama non conference champion.

But you are probably right, because after all it's Alabama.   So far the committee approach has been a complete joke as far as I'm concerned.

I've been raggin on the Commitee from day 1 so you'll get little argument from me about their approach and so-called 'rules'.

But,

The two best teams in the country played in the final last year. Both were from the SEC.

Of course granted that is just one incredibly intelligent and perceptive persons opinion yes. But I also think the majority of the folks out there agree if they are completely honest about it. Some albeit grudgingly I suppose.

But I'm jus sayin. … 

Because 8n cap land, there are only two types of people: those who agree with him and those who are not "completely honest".

You know you really whine about me way too much for a grown up man. I mean it's really not my fault you aren't bright enough to win a discussion.
No, it is your fault for thinking it is possible to "win" a discussion. And for failing to see the contradiction between that concept and "Have you ever considered simply using the phrase "we disagree".

There is no fault in thinking winning is possible our type of 'discussion'? What fucking planet do you live on? You make them a war every fucking time.

And once again, I've used the we disagree phrase on you more than once. And every time you have made me see that trying that with you is futile. The only thing you understand is getting whupped. And even after that event you are seldom bright enough to understand you've just morphed into a walker once again.
Quit obsessing over me and watch the games, stalker.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: November 03, 2018, 12:16:03 PM »

Buckeye defensive middle looking soft. They'll have to tighten that up a bit or it's going to be a long day for them.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: November 03, 2018, 12:21:26 PM »

But,

But I'm jus sayin. … 

Go fuck yourself, you disparage me and I so tell you to STFU. You've always been the projector when it comes to me and you know it. You want me to shut up then just shut up for once in your pathetic debate losin life.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: November 03, 2018, 12:21:54 PM »

OSU offense looking worse than their defense.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #880 on: November 03, 2018, 12:28:59 PM »

got a link?
Sorry. I'm typing on a phone which makes linking a far too complex task for a techno moron like me. Google Maryland and accreditation and you should get to some stuff in the Baltimore Sun.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 12:31:12 PM by Yankguy1 »
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #881 on: November 03, 2018, 12:34:33 PM »

But,

But I'm jus sayin. … 

Go fuck yourself, you disparage me and I so tell you to STFU. You've always been the projector when it comes to me and you know it. You want me to shut up then just shut up for once in your pathetic debate losin life.
What do you know, I teach you the concept of "projection" and you start to use it as if you know what.it means. Stop obsessing over me and watch the games.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: November 03, 2018, 12:43:23 PM »

But,

But I'm jus sayin. … 

What do you know, I teach you the concept of "projection" and you start to use it as if you know what.it means. Stop obsessing over me and watch the games.

While I am sure there certain things about your chosen profession. You think I never heard of the concept of projection? You taught me?

God what an arrogant fuck you must be in real life.

Blow me already, watch this.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: November 03, 2018, 12:44:47 PM »

Pass interference my ass. Buckeyes got a gimmie there.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #884 on: November 03, 2018, 12:57:07 PM »

But,

But I'm jus sayin. … 

While I am sure there certain things about your chosen profession. You think I never heard of the concept of projection? You taught me?

God what an arrogant fuck you must be in real life.

Blow me already, watch this.
If you could not swear you could not speak. Quit obsessing over me and watch the games you inarticulate potty mouthed stalker.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 329