Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250121 times)

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #1035 on: November 14, 2018, 07:27:41 PM »

What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: November 15, 2018, 10:37:59 AM »

Remember when everyone thought Mike Leach couldn't turn the miserable Cougars around?

I thought it was a great fit.  I love the guy
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: November 15, 2018, 10:39:37 AM »

Thoughts?

When it was the BCS and they were "considering" a four team playoff, it was obvious the direction this was going.   There is no stopping it and there is no satisfying the teams left out on the bubble no matter how many teams get in to a "playoff"
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: November 15, 2018, 10:48:24 AM »

Thoughts?

When it was the BCS and they were "considering" a four team playoff, it was obvious the direction this was going.   There is no stopping it and there is no satisfying the teams left out on the bubble no matter how many teams get in to a "playoff"
Agreed.  And the only solution to that would be to have every team in the playoff, which of course doesn't work.   Or I guess make a playoff out of the teams in the power conferences which is no more "fair" than it is now. 
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: November 15, 2018, 11:13:21 AM »

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25275071/american-athletic-conference-commissioner-rethinks-stance-expanding-playoff

Pitt did give the Irish a hard time...

Thoughts?
Forget that. How about the real playoffs? You ready for the Battle of the Hardins?

Something about St. John playing Martin Luther resonates.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: November 15, 2018, 11:15:38 AM »

Thoughts?

Agreed.  And the only solution to that would be to have every team in the playoff, which of course doesn't work.   Or I guess make a playoff out of the teams in the power conferences which is no more "fair" than it is now.
If Georgia beats Alabama, and Alabama makes the playoffs over one or more one loss conference champ, we will have an expanded playoff as soon as it can be contractually done.

Espnthree

• View Profile

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: November 15, 2018, 04:25:53 PM »

Thoughts?

You're right the bubble will always have controversy.

I still think we're heading for an 8 team playoff. I'm not exactly how they will swing it, but I think it's heading that way.

My guess is all the Power Five CG winners(no matter what warts they may or may not have) and three lucky ladies to be fought ov....I mean three more teams to be reasoned in.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: November 15, 2018, 04:34:26 PM »

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25275071/american-athletic-conference-commissioner-rethinks-stance-expanding-playoff

Thoughts?
Forget that. How about the real playoffs? You ready for the Battle of the Hardins?

The Crusaders will crush the Cowboys same as before. I think the Johnnies have too much O for Knights.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: November 15, 2018, 05:14:38 PM »

Thoughts?

The Crusaders will crush the Cowboys same as before. I think the Johnnies have too much O for Knights.
All to eventually fall to The Mount.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: November 15, 2018, 08:06:52 PM »

If Georgia beats Alabama, and Alabama makes the playoffs over one or more one loss conference champ, we will have an expanded playoff as soon as it can be contractually done.

That will happen even if Georgia does not beat Alabama.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: November 15, 2018, 08:11:05 PM »

My guess is all the Power Five CG winners(no matter what warts they may or may not have) and three lucky ladies to be fought ov....I mean three more teams to be reasoned in.

Agree on 5 automatic bids for Power 5 champs. I believe they will have to put in at least one automatic for an undefeated Group of 5 Team also--let's just say they would be foolish not to do that.  Much of the controversy as of late has been generated by the UCF win streak.  Put them in...and all that squawking disappears really quick.  That leaves the next two highest ranked teams as at large bids...or in some years three.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: November 15, 2018, 08:15:21 PM »

Thoughts?

All to eventually fall to The Mount.

Not this year.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: November 15, 2018, 10:41:14 PM »

Agree on 5 automatic bids for Power 5 champs.
Makes no sense
I believe they will have to put in at least one automatic for an undefeated Group of 5 Team also--let's just say they would be foolish not to do that.
Yawn

Much of the controversy as of late has been generated by the UCF win streak. 
Double Yawn .. Next to no one gives a shit
Put them in...and all that squawking disappears really quick.
What are you drinking?
That leaves the next two highest ranked teams as at large bids...or in some years three.
In NO years has there ever been a case for more than four teams.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: November 16, 2018, 09:07:28 AM »

Agree on 5 automatic bids for Power 5 champs.
Makes no sense
I believe they will have to put in at least one automatic for an undefeated Group of 5 Team also--let's just say they would be foolish not to do that.
Yawn

Much of the controversy as of late has been generated by the UCF win streak. 
Double Yawn .. Next to no one gives a shit
Put them in...and all that squawking disappears really quick.
What are you drinking?
That leaves the next two highest ranked teams as at large bids...or in some years three.
In NO years has there ever been a case for more than four teams.

Your reading comprehension skills are lacking as usual Skipster. But that's part of your charm.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 329