Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250693 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #1080 on: November 17, 2018, 04:06:52 PM »

gutsy call love it,

fuck

the guy was open.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: November 17, 2018, 04:20:18 PM »

If OSU beags Meatchicken next week, I may owe jbot some Keystone Light.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: November 17, 2018, 05:47:02 PM »

Love the Notre Dame uniforms.
Its defense is pretty awesome, too.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: November 17, 2018, 07:24:01 PM »

gutsy call love it,

fuck

the guy was open.

I thought the OSU receiver fumbled the ball before he was down on the one yard line. Ball was out IMO. Should've been Terps ball, game over.

But the officials, and the announcers, thought differently.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 08:57:28 PM by CaptainCargo »
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: November 17, 2018, 07:24:59 PM »

Tough loss Scotty, I know this one stings.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: November 17, 2018, 07:26:22 PM »

Mountaineers look to be done for. There'll be no escape for the Princess this time. 

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: November 17, 2018, 07:32:24 PM »

But man they had me believin. They had me believin.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: November 17, 2018, 08:56:19 PM »

UCF fightin hard on special teams.

Driver125

• View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: November 18, 2018, 03:02:19 AM »

I’m not quite sure who hurt more, Maryland fans with the defeat or Ohio State fans watching their team play such an incredibly crappy game. A victory is almost not a compensation after watching something like that.
So, on another subject, riddle me this Cap…..why is Alabama playing someone like the Citadel at this point in the season? A couple of creampuffs at the start of the season I understand….college teams don’t play exhibition games so you often need something more than an inter-squad scrimmage to get your team in shape. But the Citadel?!? At this point of the season? Is Saban trying to negatively pad his teams resume?

Driver125

• View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: November 18, 2018, 03:09:12 AM »

While you never can tell with these rivalry games, at this point it is not looking very hopeful for OSU. Meatchicken has been steadily improving all season long while OSU has been steadily declining.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: November 18, 2018, 09:16:11 AM »

gutsy call love it,

fuck

the guy was open.

I thought the OSU receiver fumbled the ball before he was down on the one yard line. Ball was out IMO. Should've been Terps ball, game over.

Res ipsa loquitor.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: November 18, 2018, 09:22:00 AM »

I’m not quite sure who hurt more, Maryland fans with the defeat or Ohio State fans watching their team play such an incredibly crappy game. A victory is almost not a compensation after watching something like that.
So, on another subject, riddle me this Cap…..why is Alabama playing someone like the Citadel at this point in the season? A couple of creampuffs at the start of the season I understand….college teams don’t play exhibition games so you often need something more than an inter-squad scrimmage to get your team in shape. But the Citadel?!? At this point of the season? Is Saban trying to negatively pad his teams resume?
Hey, God's Conference! It is like playing NFL teams! They deserve a break!

Theoretically, I guess it does not matter when you eat your chpcake. But The Citadel is an FCS school, which a school like Alabama should never play.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: November 18, 2018, 09:48:45 AM »

So, on another subject, riddle me this Cap…..why is Alabama playing someone like the Citadel at this point in the season?

Because they are smarter than the average Bear.

A couple of creampuffs at the start of the season I understand….college teams don’t play exhibition games so you often need something more than an inter-squad scrimmage to get your team in shape. But the Citadel?!? At this point of the season? Is Saban trying to negatively pad his teams resume?

First and foremost keep this in mind Driver my brother. 'When' you play your creampufffs' doesn't matter to a computer algorithm that measures SOS. If you assimilate that simple fact everything really clears up right there. (Also who knew Louisville would suck as much as they do this year) Trust me every one of those voters are looking at some sort of computer ranking for SOS. Probably an amalgam of several. I doubt any of them have created their own personal computer algorithm to measure SOS. But you never know I suppose.

Right now Bama has the 11th toughest SOS in the nation, according to Massey. Add to that Bama has the 7th ranked future SOS according to Massey. This is after the Citadel game. Let that sink in, AFTER the Citadel game. Others have Bama lower but SOS can be looked at from so many angles though. So peoples' ratings can bounce all over the place. The below link has some really complex and tough to assimilate info in it. But if you even get half of what is being said I think you will be well on your way to seeing SOS isn't nearly as simple as some make it out to be. And this link doesn't cover a lot of other numbers considerations. But it is really good stuff for stat-hounds such as myself.

So I think Nicky's SOS rating is safe and sound. And if there is a head coach on the planet that doesn't need to worry much about the much blathered about OOC rankings and how it affects him, even if he has one loss and isn't a conference champion it's Nicky Saban.

Bottomline: It's what you place the most emphasis on that determines ones own personal SOS strength or lack thereof. That's why it is such an elusive bird to capture in a one rating encompasses all thoughts ranking.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/college-football/2018/schedule-strength-college-football

« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 10:00:41 AM by CaptainCargo »

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: November 18, 2018, 09:57:23 AM »

While you never can tell with these rivalry games, at this point it is not looking very hopeful for OSU. Meatchicken has been steadily improving all season long while OSU has been steadily declining.

The Buckeye defense is what is blowing my mind at times. There is no way they should be performing as bad as they have with the talent they supposedly have. Maybe that is just it, the talent they are supposedly touted to have. That and their OL sucks turnips. But it's mostly that defense. I don't think I've ever seen the Buckeyes this bad on defense in 20 years. A number 47 defensive ranking by Massey? Ranked below Colgate on stats? Holy crap. I know Colgate was undefeated until they lost to Army yesterday but c'mon man!

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: November 18, 2018, 09:59:24 AM »

gutsy call love it,

fuck

the guy was open.

Res ipsa loquitor.

Just out of curiosity did you think it was a fumble? Or at least a booth review was warranted? 
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 329