Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250286 times)

Espnthree

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #2010 on: January 08, 2019, 08:20:23 PM »

Ah geez. Look it up. If you're good with that  and good with 3-31 then I have no argument.
I have no reason to defend or criticize Lockley.  3-31 speaks for itself but it is New Mexico, a program that has never been good and still isn't.
He has a bad coaching record (so far) so is that your definition as not 'squeaky clean"?
I thought you meant that in a different context.
Anyway, he impressed Nick Saban and a lot of his peers for his work at Alabama and if he brings Jalen Hurts to Maryland maybe the Terps will be a lot better.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: January 08, 2019, 08:23:16 PM »

Squeaky-clean refers to a different context than W/L. As I said, look it up.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: January 08, 2019, 08:26:17 PM »

The SCOREBOARD doesn't always reflect everything.

That is true...but it does reflect the most important thing.

You left out goal line and fake field goal defensive stands in your stats also...that one was pretty telling

Some, not many, think the journey is more important than the destination.

“It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known.”

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: January 08, 2019, 08:41:49 PM »

Squeaky-clean refers to a different context than W/L. As I said, look it up.
I have. And I still don't know what you are referring to other than a suspension for an altercation with a coach at New Mexico.
But if it is a problem for you so be it.  You have more stake in the Terps than anyone else here.  Maryland, though,  seems to be very happy to land Locksley, who does have roots, and is a proven developer of offensive talent.   

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: January 09, 2019, 12:45:53 AM »

Thanks for the well wishes and like the jokes, when tlaw was super-confident seeming after the ND game I was like, this kid is wired differently or he is getting ready to get smacked in the mouth, bad.

At 19, better grasp on how good he is than anyone else.

Pretty great.

That was why people love sports, unexpected, are you not entertained!?!

Maybe ratings were lower than when we blew out tosu in the semis year one, nobody cares about ratings, duh, Netflix, but if you like football you were tuned in...so if you don’t like the product go watch fucking westworld.

I like Christian Wilkins more than almost any other CLEM player, stayed, was there for the changing of the guard, great kid.

Presumptive 1 and 2 flipped last night, and that is huge for us.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: January 09, 2019, 02:42:42 AM »

Maybe ratings were lower than when we blew out tosu in the semis year one, nobody cares about ratings, duh, Netflix, but if you like football you were tuned in...so if you don’t like the product go watch fucking westworld.

Clemson was not around in year one of the CFP which happens to be the high-water mark of TV ratings.
Congrats on the Tigers' success and the annihilation of Alabama which was, in totality, the effort of a great offense and defense.
But 3 National Championships is still worth only a footnote  in the list of greatness in college football.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 02:49:51 AM by Espnthree »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: January 09, 2019, 10:19:15 AM »

Clemson was not around in year one of the CFP which happens to be the high-water mark of TV ratings.
Congrats on the Tigers' success and the annihilation of Alabama which was, in totality, the effort of a great offense and defense.
But 3 National Championships is still worth only a footnote  in the list of greatness in college football.

Not to misinterpret but what I think Jim is saying is Princeton is looking over its shoulder at Yale, but Bama in 3rd place got some catching up to do.

But Clemson's 2 championships in 3 years, is pretty impressive and bears some watching.

Princeton is on notice, a new Alpha Tiger is in the jungle. 

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: January 09, 2019, 02:37:19 PM »

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: January 09, 2019, 02:39:05 PM »

Michael Locksley was hired by Maryland over a month ago. 

Yeah...saw that yesterday after I posted that.   Then it goes back to a question of whether Saban should have just let him go before the game.   Which he did for Kiffin - but he lost that game, so he figured he would try it the other way I guess.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: January 09, 2019, 03:35:33 PM »

Yeah...saw that yesterday after I posted that.   Then it goes back to a question of whether Saban should have just let him go before the game.   Which he did for Kiffin - but he lost that game, so he figured he would try it the other way I guess.

I think his staying through the Championship was predicated on his recruiting prowess.  There was nothing wrong with the 'Bama offensive strategy, it was the Clemson offense that turned the game into a rout. 

By the way, Mark Schlabach of CBS Sports predict Clay Helton will be fired at USC in 2019 and replaced by Urban Meyer.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: January 09, 2019, 07:33:57 PM »

By the way, Mark Schlabach of CBS Sports predict Clay Helton will be fired at USC in 2019 and replaced by Urban Meyer.

A lot of people here have been saying that since the day he announced he was retiring. I think that is an unlikely scenario.

I feel like Clay probably should have been let go at the end of this last season.  So, now we have to let 2019 play out.   First step replace Kliff with Major Applewhite or someone like that and see how it goes.  WOuld be difficult to fire Helton if he wins 10 games next year.

Even if he is terminated, I doubt if Meyer would be offered...much less that he would accept if he were offered.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: January 09, 2019, 10:43:03 PM »

I think his staying through the Championship was predicated on his recruiting prowess.  There was nothing wrong with the 'Bama offensive strategy, it was the Clemson offense DEFENSE that turned the game into a rout. 

Yep.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: January 09, 2019, 10:44:03 PM »

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: January 09, 2019, 10:49:47 PM »

Not to misinterpret but what I think Jim is saying is Princeton is looking over its shoulder at Yale, but Bama in 3rd place got some catching up to do.

But Clemson's 2 championships in 3 years, is pretty impressive and bears some watching.

Princeton is on notice, a new Alpha Tiger is in the jungle.

I've already got Bama penciled inked in to the CFP CG game next year.

It's all about reloading. Both Clemson and the Tide lose a lot of starters. Clemson loses what? Their entire DL and most of their OL? It'll be tough coming up with anything anywhere's near as good as that DL. But then Venables is a weapon all by himself. 

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: January 09, 2019, 10:53:14 PM »

A lot of people here have been saying that since the day he announced he was retiring. I think that is an unlikely scenario.

I feel like Clay probably should have been let go at the end of this last season.  So, now we have to let 2019 play out.   First step replace Kliff with Major Applewhite or someone like that and see how it goes.  WOuld be difficult to fire Helton if he wins 10 games next year.

Even if he is terminated, I doubt if Meyer would be offered...much less that he would accept if he were offered.

The Cuse has a pretty good head coach. What he could do with the talent there at Trojantown.
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 329