Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250092 times)

jbottle

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #2025 on: January 10, 2019, 01:30:21 PM »

How else to explain overcoming a massive talent gap with CLEM and being the next most competitive team we have faced other than ALA.  I know the rest of the last 2 seasons may not reflect those 2 “outperforms” but is still a remarkable footnote if my recollection of the 2017 game is correct.

The problem with the USC job is that one of our players gave a recruiting shoutout to the west coast that will undoubtably have a resounding impact.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: January 10, 2019, 10:57:21 PM »

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: January 10, 2019, 10:58:50 PM »

The problem with the USC job is that one of our players gave a recruiting shoutout to the west coast that will undoubtably have a resounding impact.

explain please
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: January 11, 2019, 12:35:54 PM »

explain please

Sounds like they are trying to swipe your superstars dude.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: January 11, 2019, 11:27:51 PM »

explain please

Just one of our dudes shouting out after game:  “Yo, west coast, if you want to see some real football...come to Clems(I)n...”

You wouldn’t have noticed if weren’t drinking in every single moment of the post champ, you prolly missed it...

Don’t think we moved many USC recruits, but ???

Joke, and I know you have a sense of humor, so there’s the explication of the joke, which is a riot...

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: January 12, 2019, 10:18:04 AM »

Just one of our dudes shouting out after game:  “Yo, west coast, if you want to see some real football...come to Clems(I)n...”

You wouldn’t have noticed if weren’t drinking in every single moment of the post champ, you prolly missed it...

Don’t think we moved many USC recruits, but ???

Joke, and I know you have a sense of humor, so there’s the explication of the joke, which is a riot...

Thanks...I could tell somebody said something, but it was not clear from your original post...it almost sounded like a Clemson player said something positive about USC...and I knew that didn't sound right.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: January 13, 2019, 09:59:27 AM »

Steve Sarkisian turns down Cardinals to rejoin Alabama:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25746669/steve-sarkisian-return-alabama-crimson-tide

If so it's official, Nicky has become unhinged.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: January 13, 2019, 11:35:00 AM »

I read the ESPN article this morning and at first I found it to be further proof that the world has indeed gone crazy.

Thought Saban fired Sark...but after researching more it was supposedly Sark that left Saban. So this actually does make more sense:

#1) Saban's ego may not allow him to have been the one that was jilted, and/or

#2) Saban may be willing to try Kiffin 2.0 since he had the greatest success with Kiffin at the offensive helm, frankly. Question is will he actually change his dominating style with Sark - my guess is he is already steeling himself to try just that...but it probably won't work in the long term. Probably Saban just wants another year or two and then will retire. If the two of them can hold their collective s*** together for two years, there's a pretty good chance Sarkisian winds up as Head Coach of Alabama, IMO

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: January 16, 2019, 01:30:57 AM »

Tate Martell leaves tOSU for Miami Hurricanes

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: January 16, 2019, 11:26:45 AM »

It ain't over till the fat lady sings.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25768492/college-football-playoff-expand-now-in-future

And here's the part that I've always said was arbitrary and gives the Committee an out on any final decision made. "The current selection committee protocol, which is used to determine the top four teams, requires that when "teams are comparable" the committee must consider championships won, strength of schedule, head-to-head competition and comparative outcomes of common opponents. None of that criteria is weighted."
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 11:30:03 AM by CaptainCargo »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: January 16, 2019, 02:07:30 PM »

Jalen Hurts to Oklahoma.  I thought Maryland actually had a shot.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: January 16, 2019, 04:18:19 PM »

It ain't over till the fat lady sings.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25768492/college-football-playoff-expand-now-in-future
Vladimir and Estrogen are already in line for tickets to the expanded playoffs.

And here's the part that I've always said was arbitrary and gives the Committee an out on any final decision made.
An out for what?

"The current selection committee protocol, which is used to determine the top four teams, requires that when "teams are comparable" the committee must consider championships won, strength of schedule, head-to-head competition and comparative outcomes of common opponents. None of that criteria is weighted."
So what?
The decision this year was the fourth spot. Oklahoma was a champion Georgia was not, both teams are power five teams who did not play each other. A no brainer.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 04:21:20 PM by Espnthree »

JosephCit

• View Profile
    • Weightloss
Weightloss
« Reply #2038 on: January 17, 2019, 06:23:55 AM »

The Flat Belly Fix
This is the only 21-day rapid weight loss system that allows you to easily lose an average of 1 lb a day for 21 days without feeling hungry or deprived. The unique and brand new techniques used in this System are proven SAFE. And they do not cause the rebound weight gain common to all the other rapid weight loss systems that are not backed by the latest science. The Flat Belly Fix System takes advantage of a recent scientific discovery that proves the effective weight loss power of an ancient spice. Combined with other cutting edge ingredients in the patent pending Flat Belly Fix Tea  that you can make right in your own kitchen in minutes  this System is the quickest, easiest and most enjoyable way to quickly get the body you desire and deserve.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: January 17, 2019, 09:58:57 AM »

Do these people (or robots) literally post one of these in every forum?  I rarely go on any of the others anymore.  Hell I rarely come on this one anymore...
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 329