Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250358 times)

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #2145 on: May 31, 2019, 07:17:52 PM »

This flippin Transfer Portal crap is getting out of hand...  they need to completely rethink it and overhaul it
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: June 01, 2019, 01:40:59 PM »

This flippin Transfer Portal crap is getting out of hand...  they need to completely rethink it and overhaul it

With about 700 kids already in the portal I tend to agree with you. I'm not against the transfers but it's the quick turn leniency that the NCAA is granting that is the issue with me. The kids made a commitment. There should be some penalty for them stiffing the schools they committed to. If they want to be treated as adults then act like one when it comes to signing your name. If not then sit for a year an take the penalty for going against your word.  This is directed more at the underclassmen rather than the grad transfers.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: June 01, 2019, 02:16:19 PM »

With about 700 kids already in the portal I tend to agree with you. I'm not against the transfers but it's the quick turn leniency that the NCAA is granting that is the issue with me. The kids made a commitment. There should be some penalty for them stiffing the schools they committed to. If they want to be treated as adults then act like one when it comes to signing your name. If not then sit for a year an take the penalty for going against your word.  This is directed more at the underclassmen rather than the grad transfers.
It is their futures. If they realize the school is a bad fit for the., why hinder them from going to a better one?
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: June 02, 2019, 11:55:12 AM »

It is their futures. If they realize the school is a bad fit for the., why hinder them from going to a better one?

No problem go somewhere else. But you made a commitment, almost like signing a contract. It's a good life lesson to realize early that if you skip out on your responsibilities there can be consequences. But I suppose for some people in this day and age a person's signed word doesn't mean much. So, of course, opinions vary.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: June 02, 2019, 06:26:24 PM »

No problem go somewhere else. But you made a commitment, almost like signing a contract.
No, it is not. A contract has conditions both sides commit to.  No transfer is guaranteed anything for his commitment, not even a starting spot on the team.  And no coach is going to commit to anything as he builds his team which can change in a minute with other recruits, even new
transfers.

The " signed" words of the school and the student mean nothing to either side.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: June 02, 2019, 08:40:06 PM »

No problem go somewhere else. But you made a commitment, almost like signing a contract. It's a good life lesson to realize early that if you skip out on your responsibilities there can be consequences. But I suppose for some people in this day and age a person's signed word doesn't mean much. So, of course, opinions vary.
In the law there is a word for "almost like signing a contract". It is "not a contract." Especially when the agreement is only really restrictable on one side.

How committed is the school? Schools can cancel the.scholarship at the end of a year, right? If the signed word of the school is not binding for four years, why should the kids word be? It makes some sense to limit transfers to prevent tampering and continual recruiting, but not to the extent of hampering these free choice of the kids.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: June 03, 2019, 09:25:17 AM »

No problem go somewhere else. But you made a commitment, almost like signing a contract.
No, it is not. A contract has conditions both sides commit to.  No transfer is guaranteed anything for his commitment, not even a starting spot on the team.  And no coach is going to commit to anything as he builds his team which can change in a minute with other recruits, even new
transfers.

The " signed" words of the school and the student mean nothing to either side.

Of course you would think this way. Not surprised.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: June 03, 2019, 09:41:03 AM »

In the law there is a word for "almost like signing a contract". It is "not a contract." Especially when the agreement is only really restrictable on one side.

How committed is the school? Schools can cancel the.scholarship at the end of a year, right? If the signed word of the school is not binding for four years, why should the kids word be? It makes some sense to limit transfers to prevent tampering and continual recruiting, but not to the extent of hampering these free choice of the kids.

I congratulate you, even in the off-season you are in Mid-Season blah blah blah form. Bravo.

First, look up the word, almost, apply it to the context of the post and get back to me on that.

Second, how often do you see schools cancelling the scholarship unless it's for academic or disciplinary reasons? So STFU about that. 

Of course you're welcome to your opinion, even though it sucks, and is somewhat supporting the dishonorable selfie attitude of most people in this country are invariably but relentlessly edging towards.

Besides if I had said it was a wonderful thing you(Like Skippy) would have said the opposite anyways. LOL

And have a nice day bro.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: June 03, 2019, 11:54:14 AM »

Second, how often do you see schools cancelling the scholarship unless it's for academic or disciplinary reasons?
All the time.
20 per cent of the FBS schools have new coaches this year which could affect the scholarships of 1600+ football players.
Even if they don't lose a scholarship each player can face a new system different from the one he was recruited for.
Scholarship renewals are based on more factors than academic or disciplinary reasons, the most obvious is the player's- on -the- field performance. 

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: June 03, 2019, 12:10:39 PM »

Second, how often do you see schools cancelling the scholarship unless it's for academic or disciplinary reasons?
All the time.
20 per cent of the FBS schools have new coaches this year which could affect the scholarships of 1600+ football players.
Even if they don't lose a scholarship each player can face a new system different from the one he was recruited for.
Scholarship renewals are based on more factors than academic or disciplinary reasons, the most obvious is the player's- on -the- field performance.

New coaches isn't a cancellation of the scholarship. STFU Skippy.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: June 03, 2019, 12:11:28 PM »

I congratulate you, even in the off-season you are in Mid-Season blah blah blah form. Bravo.

First, look up the word, almost, apply it to the context of the post and get back to me on that.
I did note the context. Almost a contract equals not a contract. It is not horseshoes. Neither party is bound by the commitment. I disagree with saying the student has an obligation when s/he does not. Neither does the school

Second, how often do you see schools cancelling the scholarship unless it's for academic or disciplinary reasons? So STFU about that. 
More often do than you think. Some God's Conference teams had a reputation for over booming scholarships and the weeding out, which they have every right to do.

Of course you're welcome to your opinion, even though it sucks, and is somewhat supporting the dishonorable selfie attitude of most people in this country are invariably but relentlessly edging towards.

Besides if I had said it was a wonderful thing you(Like Skippy) would have said the opposite anyways. LOL

And have a nice day bro.
Your rush to personalize every disagreement is noted. One of your defense mechanisms when cornered.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: June 03, 2019, 12:32:26 PM »

All the time.

New coaches isn't a cancellation of the scholarship. STFU Skippy.
New Coaches cancel scholarships.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: June 03, 2019, 01:59:23 PM »

I did note the context. Almost a contract equals not a contract. It is not horseshoes. Neither party is bound by the commitment. I disagree with saying the student has an obligation when s/he does not. Neither does the school

While you may have noted it you sure didn't understand it. But I'm used to that kind of ignorance from you. I meant it in a moral sense. Any rational thinking person that didn't knee-jerk disagree with me because he's obsessed with disagreeing with me could have deciphered that.

Your rush to personalize every disagreement is noted. One of your defense mechanisms when cornered.

Who was cornered? You think that idiotic opinion cornered me? Your arrogance is beyond measure. LOL And there was no personalization. I said your opinion sucked, I didn't say "you" sucked. Something you've semantically done many times in the past. There have been many instances of you using this flim flam tactic to tell me you didn't insult me. Good for the goose good for the gander right. What goes around comes around.  So, no personalization here using your own tactics. ;-)

You, as always, mistake an incorrectly perceived personal defense mechanism to what is simply mild annoyance at your's and Skippy's usual psychoneurotic auto compulsive anal stupidity. Which is your wont for some syndromic reason.  And that wasn't an insult either just a correct observation. Have a nice day.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 07:52:56 PM by CaptainCargo »

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: June 03, 2019, 04:26:15 PM »

While you may have noted it you sure didn't understand it. But I'm used to that kind of ignorance from you. I meant it in a moral sense. Any rational thinking person that didn't knee-jerk disagree with me because he's obsessed with disagreeing with me could have deciphered that.
Behave as expected. "Everyone must actually agree with me! If they say they don't, it is because they are lying!"

Who was cornered? LOL
You. Pressed by a counter argument you are more likely to pull out.an insult.than to engage in a discussion.

You, as always, mistake an incorrectly perceived personal defense mechanism to what is simply mild annoyance at your's and Skippy's usual psychoneurotic auto compulsive anal stupidity. Which is your wont for some syndromic reason.  Have a nice day.
Once again, your need to personalize arguments you find hard to counter is noted. And, to quote Diane Keaton, anal is a polite term for what you are.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: June 03, 2019, 07:04:59 PM »

Yep, neat.

I think we're done here. Unless Skippy has an equally lame parting shot. Maybe he'll quote Woody Allen, or maybe Woodsy Owl.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 329