Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250267 times)

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #2175 on: June 06, 2019, 12:11:42 PM »

Now, I'm going to skip to #3 for the moment.

Unless I'm mistaken*, under the current rules, a team can lose several players to the portal after the signing deadline and find itself in pretty desperate shape at a given position.  But, since, they are not granted an extra incoming scholarship, they have no way of filling this position of need that was created by allowing a player to put himself in the portal.  They can't currently even go into the portal to grab someone else.

Hence the clear need for rule change #3.

Okay   You have no support for #1 and #2.
As for # 3 it still is search for aproblem.
If a portal decision in October blindsides a coach then the coach is an idiot and/or on a path to being fired.
Who wouldn't put himself on the Portal?
Apparently no one

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/TransferPortal/

Yes he does for the first one.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: June 06, 2019, 12:16:15 PM »

I have no idea what you guys are arguing about now, some Transfer Portal to another planet?
But if it is a question about transferring to another school, I say this is still a free country and these athlete-"part time"  students should be free to transfer. As for the Grad transfers, I predict that some universities will soon have two football teams, one for undergrads and one for grad students only.  Twice the revenue flow and double headers will soon be played on some campuses.

West Virginia exodus?  In every sport there!  They are tired af the constant long-distance travel.
Dumbest thing ever in WV, and a lot of dumb things have happened there.

Cap is right as usual. I disagree with him, but I don't mind being wrong once.

Have a great summer Cap.  Will pop back in in late Sept. after Cup-Cake season is over.
Can't wait to slap JimboNutESPNRedWardStateDumbAss around some more!

Opinions vary D.J. Bro but as always we're cool. Have a great summer too, see you in the fall.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 01:24:25 PM by CaptainCargo »

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: June 06, 2019, 08:01:56 PM »

...and I know you will come around on 2 & 3...just a matter of time.  it is an elegant solution.  Allows everyone to do what they need to do.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: June 06, 2019, 08:35:47 PM »

...and I know you will come around on 2 & 3...just a matter of time.  it is an elegant solution.  Allows everyone to do what they need to do.

I might.

After all, if you take note, I was the only one to agree with you at all in the first place.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: June 07, 2019, 01:46:10 PM »

Well, I took this to mean that Steve agreed also...

Once fall practice starts you are locked in.

I think there was only one person that actually disagreed...he just happened to speak for everyone else  and make it seem like no one else did.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: June 13, 2019, 08:57:12 AM »

The ACC and SEC continue to dominate college football recruiting just as they have dominated the College Football Playoff National Championship title for the last four years.

Currently for the RIVALS 2020 Top 15 teams those two conferences own an impressive 11 of the Top 15 slots. Further expanded the SEC leads the TOP 25 teams with nearly half of them at 12 teams.

The PAC 12 continues to have a poor showing with no teams in the Top 10 and only one team Oregon(#12) in the Top 25. USC is currently at #55. The Big 12's Oklahoma(#15) also is the only school from that conference to crack the Top 25. The State of Texas has always been one of the country's most fertile areas for football recruiting and yet the Longhorns are currently only at #29. Additionally the Horns only have three commits from their own state and none of them are in the state's Top 10. Of the Top 25 recruits from the state of Texas 15 are already committed, 3 for the Horns, 2 for Oklahoma, 1 for OSU. The other 9 are committed to the SEC(8) and ACC(1).

The Big 10 is faring better than the two bottom conferences with one team in the Top 15, Ohio State (#7) and 5 total teams in the Top 25. Michigan(17), Penn State(18), Iowa(23) and Northwestern(24) occupy slots at the bottom end of the Top 25.

There is still time however but as of now the ACC and SEC are dominating football recruitment for 2020.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: June 13, 2019, 11:45:42 AM »

like the changing seasons themselves.... you say how recruiting looks and I say it ain't over til the final signing day.  Though I think that definitely is starting to change

#1 we saw less movement last year between the first signing day and the last  than we had the prior two years.
#2 there is now movement after the final signing day.  Reference the fact we just got two highly ranked recruits back in the last two weeks.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: June 13, 2019, 01:06:00 PM »

like the changing seasons themselves.... you say how recruiting looks and I say it ain't over til the final signing day.  Though I think that definitely is starting to change

#1 we saw less movement last year between the first signing day and the last  than we had the prior two years.
#2 there is now movement after the final signing day.  Reference the fact we just got two highly ranked recruits back in the last two weeks.

Right, you got the kid from Florida that couldn't seem to make up his mind in the first place, decided for USC, then changed it to Florida, went to Florida, changed it to Oregon, then changed it to USC. Hopefully nobody sneezes the kid's way or he'll change it again. ;-)

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: June 13, 2019, 01:38:36 PM »

Right, you got the kid from Florida that couldn't seem to make up his mind in the first place, decided for USC, then changed it to Florida, went to Florida, changed it to Oregon, then changed it to USC. Hopefully nobody sneezes the kid's way or he'll change it again. ;-)
Or his mother wont lose her job and be forced to relocate back to Cali to live with family again. Row serf! Row!

Actually, thinking back on the story, his mother losing her job may be the reason he switched to SC from Oregon, not the transfer away from Florida.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 01:43:43 PM by whiskeypriest »
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: June 14, 2019, 09:55:24 AM »

Or his mother wont lose her job and be forced to relocate back to Cali to live with family again. Row serf! Row!

Actually, thinking back on the story, his mother losing her job may be the reason he switched to SC from Oregon, not the transfer away from Florida.

Yeah, she couldn't find another job. Forcemarched back to Cali.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: June 14, 2019, 11:46:04 AM »

And the amount of time you spent walking around in her shoes before rendering judgment would be?

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: June 14, 2019, 01:25:19 PM »

And the amount of time you spent walking around in her shoes before rendering judgment would be?

Darn, I didn't see the regulation in the Book of Opinion where I needed to wear someone else's shoes before having one. My bad.

Besides there needs to be a counter to your over-piousness.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: June 14, 2019, 03:38:52 PM »

Darn, I didn't see the regulation in the Book of Opinion where I needed to wear someone else's shoes before having one. My bad.
That'd be To Kill a Mockingbird. It should have been skin. My bad.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: June 14, 2019, 06:57:33 PM »

And another chapter in the books.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: June 15, 2019, 10:13:04 AM »

Big 12 commish: All transfers should sit one year:

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/26948342/big-12-commish-all-transfers-sit-one-year

...Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby said Tuesday he believes all student-athletes who want to transfer should sit out one year, with no exceptions. ...

Careful Bobby, or you'll have Stevo accusing you of being Marcus Licinius Crassus.

Spartacus SPARTACUS SPARTACUS!
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 329