Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 577

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 121979 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #5010 on: August 09, 2023, 06:16:48 PM »

Inevitable race riots? What in God's Holy Name are you babbling about?
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #5011 on: August 09, 2023, 09:26:07 PM »

Inevitable race riots? What in God's Holy Name are you babbling about?

Helter Skelter!

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5012 on: August 09, 2023, 09:58:56 PM »

Travel?
I was terrified when mrs bambu announced that part of her travel as well as to Japan was to Hong Kong (Disneyland).
As luck would have it, that was before things in Hong Kong turned very bad.
...and she returned safely.

Overseas travel is not for me.
"Banged up abroad" I would be destroyed in my soul.
Not worth the risk.

You are going to Hell for your sins. Stay put till then if you want to. Nobody cares.
Yes, bambu should never travel. He should not even leave his basement. Keep the noxious infection localized.

Bali bombings
9/11
What happened to British nurse David Chell in Malaysia
NZ volcano eruption
Hurricanes/Tornadoes/Twisters [all confusing]
Blizzards
Bears, big cats
Floods
Fires
Rain
Terrorism
Planes shot down
Plane crashes, bus crashes, car crashes, kidnappings [some cabs are fake]
Earthquakes
Crowds, lines a 'mile' long.
Diseases...malaria etc
Food problems...I wouldn't like most of it.
Airports closed, flights delayed, flights overbooked [should be banned]...horrible, totally destroy the travel experience.
Travel..only for the brave.
I travel the world, on Youtube...the quality of videos from drones etc these days is superb.

Rain!

Indeed.
Rain just washed out the huge Scouts jamboree in South Korea.
Attendees evacuated.
Now a bus carrying evacuated Scouts has crashed.
Should've had a ZOOM jamboree.

Hurricane, and fires...are now destroying Hawaii.
Tourists are rushing to leave.
Hospitals are being overrun with burns victims
« Last Edit: August 09, 2023, 10:07:03 PM by bambu. »
Comparison is the thief of joy.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #5013 on: August 10, 2023, 10:30:05 AM »

Yes, a few lines above you had specified events like floods and hurricanes.  So then listing simply rain was unintentionally humorous, as if implying that having weather that calls for an umbrella is another reason to stay in the house.  Pro tip: never move to Oregon.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #5014 on: August 10, 2023, 10:37:23 AM »

cubed poo is one of my top 4 random facts I know. Alomg with, not in order, Santa Claus punching a heretic in the face at the Council of Niceae during a debate over the homoousian nature of Christ, Francis Bacon dying of pneumonia contracted while experimenting with ice and snow as a means of preserving meat which makes him the father of empiricism and its first prominent victim, and a dog being nominated for an Oscar best adapted screenplay for the movie.Greystoke: The Legend of Tarzan, Lord of the Apes. All of those bring me joy whenever I think of them. I mean, bad news for Bacon, but it is not like I knew the guy.

Those are great, and notable for their historical range.  I recently found a delightful one regarding an activity called coning.  Google coning driverless cars. 

Up there with Hungarians stopping Soviet tanks by setting dinner plates in the streets. (the Russians would mistake them for mines)
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #5015 on: August 10, 2023, 10:54:40 AM »

Cool. Self-driving cars are Skynet's first step to domination.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5016 on: August 10, 2023, 01:01:48 PM »

Yes, a few lines above you had specified events like floods and hurricanes.  So then listing simply rain was unintentionally humorous, as if implying that having weather that calls for an umbrella is another reason to stay in the house.  Pro tip: never move to Oregon.

As regards 'travel'.
"It rains 9 months of the year in Seattle" - Sleepless in Seattle movie.
You travel there expecting rain.

You pay a lot of money to travel to "sunny California" -ilk in the world, and it rains for a week.
Billy Connelly says: "Put on a raincoat and live a little".
I say: "Rain ruins travel vacations".

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #5017 on: August 10, 2023, 01:20:50 PM »

As regards 'travel'.
"It rains 9 months of the year in Seattle" - Sleepless in Seattle movie.
You travel there expecting rain.

You pay a lot of money to travel to "sunny California" -ilk in the world, and it rains for a week.
Billy Connelly says: "Put on a raincoat and live a little".
I say: "Rain ruins travel vacations".
Do 99.999999998% of the world a favor and stay just where you are. Permanently.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5018 on: August 10, 2023, 01:28:19 PM »

Bambu is also scared of plumbers.

It rains in his basement all the time.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5019 on: August 10, 2023, 03:48:54 PM »

California is nice, it is just expensive, you have to study Business and you need to be smart with your money if you want to live in California. My Mother has a cousin who owns a Pharmacy in Fontana, and he is living a good life.

And yes, sadly, every year the high schools in the Antelope Valley have race riots. We need to neutralize it, we need to teach the children now during a time of peace so that when the instigators start whispering in their ears that they will support diversity and love their neighbors instead of killing each other. Ask any public high school teacher in the Antelope Valley about the racial problems every year, they will agree with me in that we need to neutralize it now before the problems start.

Of note on Business and living in California, a lot of the old Punk bands like Black Flag just all partied and they lived in apartment complexes by Oki Dog and they just partied all of the time, and now they are all poor. There is no money for the old Punkers, they spent it all partying back in the day. But the Rock stars were all smart, and they had good Jewish agents and managers, etc, Kiss, Sammy Hagar, Alice Cooper, the Rock stars are all super rich. I recommend that the music students study Business, and that they hire good Jewish agents, etc. I know a good Jewish agent, Rod Baron of Baron Entertainment, and I recommend Rod Baron for the new Punk bands. The Punkers need to learn to hire good agents.

A friend is in the studio right now with his band "No Reaction" and they are making a new album. Then he has another band named "Cognitive Dissonance" and he is working on another album with them. So he will have 2 albums coming out soon. If he makes money he wants to open his own recording studio with a night club and a music school and music store, he wants to have a lot going on at his place. He was in The Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Suicidal Tendencies, and he produced Neighborhood Watch, and The Brood, he has done a lot of stuff. I hope he succeeds. And he is trying to help me to get my movie script made into a film, and he is trying to help me to get my poetry book published, he is helping me. His turf is Culver City, and Venice Beach, he was born and raised there and he has spent his whole life there.

Peace.

Salute,

Tony V.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #5020 on: August 10, 2023, 04:10:36 PM »

Well, at least I am marginally more interested in the plight of Henry Rollins and Greg Ginn than Tori Spelling.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #5021 on: August 10, 2023, 05:00:31 PM »

Well, at least I am marginally more interested in the plight of Henry Rollins and Greg Ginn than Tori Spelling.

Tori, husband, and kids were reportedly spending $100,000 a month on bills etc.
Tori was a prolific 'shopper', reportedly.
All good, their money, free country...still (but for how much longer, woke is slowly restricting free speech and dictating what people should do and think, or else.)
However, to avoid such spending causing one to go broke, one needs the income to support it.
The soup kitchen and tarp attached to a fence on the street for a home await those who make unwise financial decisions.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #5022 on: August 10, 2023, 05:27:06 PM »

woke is slowly restricting free speech and dictating what people should do and think, or else.)

You're even a clown in your parentheticals.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #5023 on: August 10, 2023, 05:29:31 PM »

Tori, husband, and kids were reportedly spending $100,000 a month on bills etc.
Tori was a prolific 'shopper', reportedly.
All good, their money, free country...still (but for how much longer, woke is slowly restricting free speech and dictating what people should do and think, or else.)
However, to avoid such spending causing one to go broke, one needs the income to support it.
The soup kitchen and tarp attached to a fence on the street for a home await those who make unwise financial decisions.

It used to be that bad, during the Great Depression when my ancestors came to California it was really hard. Watch the movie "The Grapes of Wrath" about the Great Depression. My ancestors all came to California and they picked fruit during the Great Depression. They were all extremely hard workers.

California has Wellness Centers now, and the Mental Health Association in Santa Ana, etc, and all that Tori has to do is to show up and ask for help and they will help her, they will put her in a beautiful mansion and they will cook for her. I lived in a 12 room mansion with 3 hot tubs, and my roommates were all homeless rich people.They will put Tori and her children in a 12 room mansion and they will cook for her. While she gets help. And she can get a good Jewish agent, and a manager, etc, and a good smart butler to run her house, etc. Anyhow, she can get help in Orange County if she needs help.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5024 on: August 10, 2023, 06:05:29 PM »

I am calling you Rip from now on. You clearly did not wake up in the same century you fell out in.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 577