Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 575

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 121354 times)

Oiled

• View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #7185 on: January 20, 2024, 11:21:34 AM »

As an afterthought, I note that cyanide executions involved a hermetically sealed chamber, which at least offered some assurance of consistent gas concentration around the prisoner - no mask to be loose or slip off or vomited into.   The Alabama method seems like one that can go wrong in multiple ways, with great suffering.

And, as Bambi noted, vets don't use nitrogen due to observations of distress in some mammals as nitrogen narcosis sets in. 
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7186 on: January 20, 2024, 02:19:40 PM »

Ashleigh Aitken

What an honor to join mayors across our nation to be recipients of the Dollar Wise Grant in partnership with @usmayors and @bankofamerica

Thank you for selecting Anaheim as a recipient!

Since taking office last year, I have been working with our staff on bringing more funding to Anaheim! I am incredibly thankful for our staff who applied when this came across my desk.

More info on the grant:

This grant will support the small business community of Little Arabia, the Cultural District that established a hub of Middle Eastern and North African cultures in our city.

The grant will support the Little Arabia Entrepreneurial Assistance Program (LEAP), which offers business educational courses in Arabic and English brick-and-mortar businesses. 

#MayorAitken

--------------

They are putting "Little Arabia" signs on the freeways to mark the area, and they are giving Business loans to the Arabs to open businesses in the area. They are trying to make an Arab enclave in a mostly Mexican city.

I have mixed emotions, because all races and businesses should be assisted in Anaheim and not just the Arabs. I do not know why they insist on making that area into an Arab enclave.

With Beverly Hills, the Persians picked Beverly Hills on their own and located there, but in Anaheim they are trying to bring the Arabs to an area that is mostly Mexicans.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7187 on: January 20, 2024, 03:00:00 PM »

More govt overreach at the Motor Vehicle Admin. 

Used to be the county workers at the MVA could do the test
for the eye exam themselves.  But no, not now!
Now you have to have the test done by an optometrist, have them
fill in more paperwork, and actually verify that you are able to drive
safely with corrective lenses! WTF.

We need less testing, not more by an intrusive Govt.  We only have 40,000 traffic deaths per year and billions of dollars of damage and loss to personal property.

How much more would result from drivers with limited eyesight?
Not enough to allow the govt. to regulate vision!

All regulations are unconstitutional. ALL regs restrict FREEDOM. That must end.

Only 40,000 traffic deaths per year?
Only?

NSW ( New South Wales) state bambuworld, back in the day for which you yearn, the 1950s,1960s, 1970s etc, traffic deaths were about 1,100 per year.
Speed, drunk drivers, no seat belts, etc.

Australia became the first country in the world to legislate for compulsory seat belt wearing in front and back seats, on 22 December 1970. (In Victoria state).

Traffic deaths in NSW today, with so many more vehicles on the roads, is 349 in 2023.
80 more deaths than in 2022.
Including single vehicle crashes, especially in rural areas.
Govt ads on tv..."never trust your tired self". "Stop, Revive, Survive".

In came sealt belt laws, RBT (Random Breath Testing) of motorists by cops...anywhere, anytime.
Now RDT (Random Drug Testing), anywhere, anytime.
Fail the tests roadside, you get arrested, taken for further testing.
Fail that, it's bye bye licence for you.

Hefty fines for using cell phones while driving...TV ad campaign..."get your hand off it".
Speed cameras and red light cameras everywhere. Large fines plus demerit points.
Lose 12 points in 2 years, bye bye licence.

Go 30 kph(or maybe it's 40) over the speed limit, if cops stop you, it's bye bye car, they impound it for a month.
They call a tow truck, and away goes your car. $1,000 to get car back.

All "for the greater good", to save lives and reduce injuries.

Your "only 40,000" are mom's, dads, grandparents, children, babies.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2024, 03:03:55 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7188 on: January 20, 2024, 03:03:31 PM »

Traffic is down to the number two killer of children behind guns.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7189 on: January 20, 2024, 03:05:40 PM »

Only 40,000 traffic deaths per year?
Only?

NSW ( New South Wales) state bambuworld, back in the day for which you yearn,...

Not certain, but I think DeeJ was engaging in satire there.
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7190 on: January 20, 2024, 03:12:00 PM »

Our number one goal in Anaheim right now is to help the homeless, and we can create opportunities for the entrepreneurs in the field of helping the homeless; the entrepreneurs can be given Business Loans to open Cheap Hostels where the homeless can take a nice hot shower and where they can sleep in a nice comfortable bed for $15 per night like they do in Rome, Italy. Also, the entrepreneurs can be given Business Loans to open Sober Living Homes where the homeless can live for $450 per month, etc. The entrepreneurs can be allowed to operate Hostels and Sober Living Homes TAX FREE in order to provide incentive for the entrepreneurs to open Hostels and Sober Living Homes and to help the homeless.

The Mental Health Associations and the Wellness Centers can provide clients for the Sober Living Homes, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7191 on: January 20, 2024, 03:28:40 PM »

Traffic is down to the number two killer of children behind guns.

Most school shootings can easily be avoided.
Gun owners who allow children access to their guns unsupervised should be made responsible for any shootings with those guns.
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7192 on: January 20, 2024, 05:33:39 PM »

Mad dad domestic violence has a higher body count.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7193 on: January 20, 2024, 09:32:29 PM »

I do not support building a wall on the border, as a Christian I support helping the poor people in Mexico, as I did as a teen when I went to Mexico with Youth For Christ. We need to work together as a team with Mexico to improve the situation for the betterment of all.

Mexico is only 100 miles away from Anaheim, these are our neighbors, I support doing charity work in Mexico, and I support improving the situation in Mexico.

My Grandmother opened Gold Mines in Mexico, with the same companies that operate the Gold Mines in Battle Mountain, Nevada, first my Grandmother worked for the Gold Mines in Nevada, and then the mining companies from Nevada sent her to Mexico and she opened Gold Mines in Mexico. She helped to bring running water, electricity, telephones, radio, television, etc, to some very poor parts of Mexico.

I saw a satellite that was being built out at Edwards to tell us where the Gold is here on earth, then we can mine the Gold in Mexico and we can bring Civilization to poor desperate people. Gold is at record high prices right now, and the money can all be used to improve the situation in Mexico.

Instead of building walls, we need to lend a hand to our Christian neighbors.

Trump is not a Christian or he would have went to Mexico as a friend, like George W. Bush did. And Jeb Bush married a Mexican woman who he met while helping to build an orphanage in Mexico. The Bush family is way better than Trump. The Bush family needs to SPEAK up LOUD on the issue of Mexico. We do not need any walls.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2024, 09:34:35 PM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7194 on: January 21, 2024, 03:18:58 AM »

1942...Japan bombed Darwin, Australia.
Massive navy, massive number of planes from aircraft carriers, Japan bombed Darwin at will.
For the next 18 months Japan bombed Australia...64 or so raids.
Darwin and Australia basically defenceless.

Australia still basically defenceless.
Banging the drums or war...is China, not Japan this time.

Have you ever heard or seen anything as dumb as Australia's actions from 1945 until 2024?
In all that time it never armed itself properly.
It allowed Britain to test atomic bombs on its soil, but never made Britain supply it with nuclear missiles, and ships to fire them, as they were developed.

Britain has HMS Dauntless.
Australia has HMAS "Noughtless", ie: nothing.

The first nuclear submarines of the AUKUS pact will be arriving in Australia 2033, if AUKUS even survives that long.
China is expected by experts to attack Taiwan then Australia long before then.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2024, 03:26:16 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7195 on: January 21, 2024, 04:39:54 AM »

1942...Japan bombed Darwin, Australia.
Massive navy, massive number of planes from aircraft carriers, Japan bombed Darwin at will.
For the next 18 months Japan bombed Australia...64 or so raids.
Darwin and Australia basically defenceless.

Australia still basically defenceless.
Banging the drums or war...is China, not Japan this time.

Have you ever heard or seen anything as dumb as Australia's actions from 1945 until 2024?
In all that time it never armed itself properly.
It allowed Britain to test atomic bombs on its soil, but never made Britain supply it with nuclear missiles, and ships to fire them, as they were developed.

Britain has HMS Dauntless.
Australia has HMAS "Noughtless", ie: nothing.

The first nuclear submarines of the AUKUS pact will be arriving in Australia 2033, if AUKUS even survives that long.
China is expected by experts to attack Taiwan then Australia long before then.

I still like the Chinese more than I like the Japanese, I kind of wish the Japanese would stay in Japan instead of coming here and buying our movie studios, etc. When I worked at Universal Studios it was owned by the Japanese and they paid everyone rock bottom minimum wage while they sent the profits home to Japan. I would rather work for the Chinese. And the Chinese have never attacked us, the Chinese never bombed Pearl Harbor, etc.

And the President of China has a beautiful Daughter, Xi Mingze, who studied at Harvard here in the USA, and she is single, and maybe she will marry an American to bring our countries closer together, I would be willing to date her, she is pretty, and she is educated, and she loves the Arts, etc.

I want to be allies with China. We need to invest in the Peace Corps, and we need to work towards a more peaceful planet.

And Bambu, you are okay, we are not going to allow anyone to attack Australia. And I thought that we sent you some Stealth Bombers that are Nuclear Capable. And the USA has nuclear submarines all over the world.

I still do not like Japan, I like the Chinese better. And I love the Philippines.

Australia will be safe, your biggest fear is terrorism from the Muslims in Indonesia, and also you have to worry about Indonesia flooding Australia with heroin and getting the Australians addicted to heroin, like the fuckers do here, they are selling heroin to our people and getting them addicted. Indonesia, and Afghanistan, those are bad people who are flooding our nation with heroin and they are getting our people addicted.

Maybe I will marry the Daughter of the President of China, and we can help to make a more peaceful world. If only I could, then I would work for a more peaceful world. God put me in with the Daughter of a Chinese General, and we made the peace, maybe God will introduce me to Xi Mingze and we can help people and work towards a better world.

I like the Chinese, we can have peace with China. But, we must invest in the Peace Corps, and we need to keep the lines of communication open with China, and we can work together to cure cancer, and to send people to Mars, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2024, 04:41:48 AM by FlyingVProd »

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7196 on: January 21, 2024, 05:24:55 AM »

In Australia there is the Fair Work Act 2009.
It provides the minimum pay rate...which is reviewed each year.
As of July 2023 the National Minimum Wage is $23.23 per hour or $882.80 per week
Go woke, go broke.

Oiled

• View Profile
« Reply #7197 on: January 21, 2024, 10:26:18 AM »

Science helps our understanding of the Elba politics forum...and America.

https://archive.is/aLnDU

(PW free version of this article):

https://www.washingtonpost.com/science/2024/01/20/polarization-science-evolution-psychology/

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #7198 on: January 21, 2024, 12:37:27 PM »

Gotta be careful giving one's heart and soul to politicians ... some will lead you over a 'cliff', you finishing up unemployed...or even in prison.
Go woke, go broke.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #7199 on: January 21, 2024, 04:31:48 PM »

In Australia there is the Fair Work Act 2009.
It provides the minimum pay rate...which is reviewed each year.
As of July 2023 the National Minimum Wage is $23.23 per hour or $882.80 per week

Very nice. Australia is a nice place.

We are raising the wages in California too, and it is now $20 per hour for minimum wage to work Fast Food. So, even if all that a person can do is work Fast Food then they can still at least afford an apartment. It is great when honest workers are able to afford a home and food to eat, instead of working to live in their cars and starving like what was happening. Workers need to be able to afford food and shelter, minimum.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 478 479 [480] 481 482 ... 575