Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 264687 times)

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #4650 on: September 21, 2022, 08:37:20 PM »

I assume it is the no punt return kick return yada yada yada.

After you sort through the meaningful numbers
Like 763 total yards, 11 TD drives out of 12 total, etc.
Stuff like that.

So Steve was right. You're bragging about eating a cupcake. LOL Go team!
Okay.
Let me know when those numbers are matched in any game between
Division one teams.
I will wait.

Oh no please don't let us keep you waiting. I freely admit that you and the Buckeyed have won the cupcake pie-eating contest.

Congratulations.

Now, go wash your face.

What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4651 on: September 21, 2022, 08:47:10 PM »

Here's second place.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore/_/gameId/401403853

Although seeing as Vandy totally sucks they may actually own first place. Either way happy gorging. :-)

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4652 on: September 21, 2022, 09:31:51 PM »

I assume it is the no punt return kick return yada yada yada.

After you sort through the meaningful numbers
Like 763 total yards, 11 TD drives out of 12 total, etc.
Stuff like that.

So Steve was right. You're bragging about eating a cupcake. LOL Go team!
Okay.
Let me know when those numbers are matched in any game between
Division one teams.
I will wait.

Oh no please don't let us keep you waiting.
I never expected you to.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 09:34:06 PM by Espnthree »

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4653 on: September 22, 2022, 12:35:08 PM »

Sorry to deflate your Buckeyed chubby.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4654 on: September 22, 2022, 12:37:55 PM »

Methchicken 42, Maryland 7

Yes, your offense can roll over Yukon. Don t impress me much, as they say. They have not been tested yet, and they will not be here

I'm thinking a much closer game here Steve. I'm not thinking Michigan will lose but that the Terps won't roll over.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4655 on: September 22, 2022, 01:22:20 PM »

The Ohio State 45, Wisconsin 31

The merits of boasting of a win over a MAC school aside, The has an impressive offense, with talented depth everywhere. Stroud is looking sharp, he is gelling with the WRs and the two running backs (Henderson left the Toledo game but I expect him back, as cagey as The has been about the nature of his injury) are a load. I expect the parade of points to continue even against a normally stubborn Wisky defense. I still worry about whether the The defense can hold down a good offense, holding Our Lady of the Perpetual Tie down is looking less and less impressive each week. Wisky did move the ball even in the gam they lost, so I look for them to put up some points here.

I think you have the right of OSU putting up a win here. But I'm feeling that possibly the score might be a little lower. Something like 34-20. That's assuming the Badgers can eat some clock with the kind of offense they have. Also, in the Red Zone they have been pretty decent and FGs don't run up the score as much as TDs.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4656 on: September 22, 2022, 01:45:57 PM »

University of North Carolina 27, Our Lady of the Perpetual Tie 12

Heh heh heh. Trip and pole vault right out the window. Heh. Schadenfreude is a legitimate feeling and I neither deny it nor apologize for it

I see the Irish grinding out a win here. NC has the better record but IMO their defense hasn't been all that. And IMO ND has way too much talent to keep looking as bad as they have. The OSU loss took the starch out of them. Sooner or later these guys are going to find second gear. I'm thinking it's this Saturday.

I'll go, ND 28, NC 25.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4657 on: September 22, 2022, 02:29:31 PM »

Kansas 24, Duke 20

Holy Gayle Sayers, do I have to start to care about Kansas? A team that has not had a winning record since the Bush II administration? At the longest until mid-October. Then reality.

I expect a great basketball game here....uhhh....wait...what? Football you say? Hmmm. Lance Leipold is a very good coach. His dominance of Mount Union will attest to that. He has little top-notch talent to work with, but he's done a good job. Great offensive mind IMO that can work and scheme with what he is given. A lot of coaches can't do that and rely on their high-priced beef, which it's always been. (Only now more than ever with NIL)Note: you won't see many Kansas football players getting top dollar from NIL. But I digress, but yeah the guy works well with the clay he's given. I expect a high scoring game. 43/40. Don't know who will win but I've always had a Wiskiesque irrational dislike of Duke. So, I hope the Jays win.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4659 on: September 24, 2022, 08:15:22 PM »

There is a slight, very slight, remote chance that this is not our year.
Sam: Those sons of bitches, they got him right through the neck.

Suzy: Was he a good dog?

Sam: Who's to say? But he didn't deserve to die.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4660 on: September 25, 2022, 10:31:18 AM »

Rolling right along.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4661 on: September 25, 2022, 10:46:42 AM »

Guess what second half game stats with the score tied at 14 these are from.

... punt, punt, punt, punt, punt, punt, punt, punt, punt, punt, punt, punt, turnover on downs, missed field goal.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4662 on: September 25, 2022, 05:08:39 PM »

There is a slight, very slight, remote chance that this is not our year.

What really jumped out at me Steve was 23/26. I never thought I'd that sort of stat from a Minny-soda QB on a Spartan defense. I don't know what's worse, and I'm sorry to say it, the Spartan defense or the Spartan OL.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4663 on: September 27, 2022, 05:33:10 PM »

EVENTUAL 2022 2023 NATIONAL CHAMPION MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY 35, Maryland 27

On the bright side, I get more free time this Christmas season!

Methchicken 24, Iowa 7

I am not sold on the Meatchicken passing game as yet. They do have a beast on the ground, and while their defense showed some signs of having issues in their post-St. Anselm School for Disturbed Children part of their schedule, Maryland does have a pretty good passing attack. Iowa won a game this year with a field goal and a safety, so I am thinking we really are not going to get a read on the quality of the D quite yet.

The 52, Rutgers 17

You can sort of brag about The beating down Wisconsin if you want, they are not Toledo after all. Especially with the defense playing the run the way it did. I think The has so much going for it on offense that normal teams will be hard pressed to shut it down, even if either the run or the pass does not click on an individual game. Cannot wait to see them against a first-rate defense, which this will not be. And nobody cries for dear old Rutgers.

the Pennsylvania State University 27, North by Northwestern 13

There was a certain amount of luster lacking in the CMU game, and Singleton was pretty much held in check. I suppose down the road it will be interesting to see if the the PSU offense is the real deal, but NW has been so bad this year.

Kansas 31, the Iowa State 28

Rock Chalk Jayhawk! Does that apply to football as well as basketball? I may not know my sports terminology as well as I think I do. Anyway, I like that the KU Fog is lifting from their football program. And I regret that I could not find a way to insert Yourself into that joke.

Old Mississippi 35, Kentucky 21

Five games involving ranked teams this week. Or maybe three. Outside of the Florida game, I am not sure KY jelled in any of their games. I mean, you should beat a Youngstown State, even in its Tressell heyday, more convincingly. Old Mississippi has been as under the radar as a God apostrophe s Conference unbeaten can be. If they play the game I will take Old Mississippi.

Woke Forrest 31, the Florida State 28

Is the Florida State even going to play this week? Can they prepare? I suppose if Ivan heads more towards Tampa there will not be an issue. Anyway, are they back? They aced their one big test this year, though the Louisiana State is not quite up to the level they should be. I did like the way Woke FU moved the ball against a good ClemSIN defense.

Baylor 21, the Oklahoma State 17

I am kind of embarrassed to confess that of all the leagues, Pure Prairie League games are the most likely to lose my interest quickly. I am not sure why, but the OSU in particular puts me on snooze every time, every year. So I am just winging it here.

Alabama 42, Arkansas 14

It seems like every year we go through a stretch where we see Alabama not play as great as we think they are for a game or two, and I start to think, maybe this is the year they get that fifth slot in the bowl lineup and play in the Mercari Texas Bowl or something. It has not happened yet, and it will not happen this year.

ClemSIN 31, the North Carolina State University 17

The SIN are better offensively then last year, but still not all there, and the defense has not been as standout as I thought it would be. The NC State has not been impressive at all this year. How they are ranked at 10 above unbeatens like Washington or Minnesota who have both beaten one truly great team is a mystery to me.

Washington 35, University of California * 21

While not a battle of two unranked teams, it is a battle of unbeatens! UCLA remains unranked, though, I suppose because it needed a come from behind win against South Alabama. Washingtons signature win is looking less lustrous as time goes on, but I think they take this.

University of California** 35, the Arizona State University 2

I expected USC to pound the Beavers last week, but they could not penetrate the Beavers defense. They did manage to keep them in check offensively, though, which is a nice development. The the ASU post Edwards fumigation has only just begun.

Minnesota 31, Purdue 28

Minnesota has put up a lot of points this year, and Purdue has mostly not been stingy on defense. I am not convinced Mini is the Beast of the West, check with me after the the PSU game in three weeks, but they could enter the last two games of the season, against Iowa and Wisky, with the West in their back pocket.

Georgia 31, Missouri 3

22 points to Kent State? I suppose I am not alone in thinking this was a focus issue, not a talent one. After all, Georgia did hold KSU to less than 300 yards in total offense, and their biggest issue appears to have been turnovers. Back on track against a pretty bad Misery.

* at Los Angeles

** Southern

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4664 on: September 27, 2022, 05:37:04 PM »

It appears Rock Chalk Jayhawk started with the KU Science Club. Respec.

Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 329