Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 571

Author Topic: News in General  (Read 120949 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: News in General
« Reply #2250 on: December 19, 2022, 04:17:21 PM »

Whoever dreamed that up found someone dumb enough to repeat it.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: December 19, 2022, 05:12:08 PM »

Whoever dreamed that up found someone dumb enough to repeat it.
Yeah, it is so stupid and pointless I just sort of assumed he garbled it somehow in the cut and past.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: December 19, 2022, 09:59:16 PM »

As predicted, the January 6 Committee wound up with a nothingburger.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: December 19, 2022, 11:20:12 PM »

As predicted, the January 6 Committee wound up with a nothingburger.
Awful big graveyard for you and your right wing web masters to be whistling past. But behave as expected.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: December 20, 2022, 02:34:43 AM »

Republicans have been trading politics and governance for crime and coverups for fifty years now.  Red is just nose blind to it and too permanently flaccid to care.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: December 20, 2022, 04:40:38 PM »

"The truth will set you free" (if you're lucky)...but lies will land you right in the soup.

Someone should tell Ms Sparkle and her man.
Go woke, go broke.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: December 20, 2022, 06:24:01 PM »

"The truth will set you free" (if you're lucky)...but lies will land you right in the soup.

Someone should tell Ms Sparkle and her man.

Tell that to Jeremy Clarkson

Oiled

• View Profile
Mr. Hoover was an engineer. He knew that water trickles down... But he didnt know that money trickled up. Give it to the people at the bottom and the people at the top will have it before night, anyhow. But it will at least have passed through the poor fellows hands.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: December 21, 2022, 12:03:43 PM »

Zelensky coming to Congress with his hand out for more charity.
How many $ billions this time?

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: December 21, 2022, 12:07:02 PM »

Zelensky coming to Congress with his hand out for more charity.
How many $ billions this time?
What do the modern Pravdae you immerse yourself in tell you, Boris?

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: December 21, 2022, 12:16:28 PM »

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/12/january-6-committee-criminal-referral-donald-trump/672514/
Thankfully a paywall prevents reading another Frum clickbait.

But, to set the record straight:

Congress has no authority to refer specific individuals for prosecution. It is beyond the scope of its constitutional authority.( which is to legislate)
And, A congressional committee officially voting to refer a named individual for prosecution violates the spirit of the explicit prohibition against congressional bills of attainder.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: December 21, 2022, 12:46:33 PM »

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/12/january-6-committee-criminal-referral-donald-trump/672514/

Congress has no authority to refer specific individuals for prosecution. It is beyond the scope of its constitutional authority.( which is to legislate)
And, A congressional committee officially voting to refer a named individual for prosecution violates the spirit of the explicit prohibition against congressional bills of attainder.
Yes they do no it is not and no it does not.

LarryB!

• View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: December 21, 2022, 01:02:22 PM »

More opinion from the RT network.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: December 21, 2022, 01:11:31 PM »

Yes they do no it is not and no it does not.
ROFL
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 571