Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

When do yo think the MLB regular season will start?

On time
- 1 (33.3%)
Late, but on or before April 15th
- 0 (0%)
April 16th through April 30th
- 0 (0%)
May 1st through May 15th
- 2 (66.7%)
May 16th through May 31st
- 0 (0%)
Jun1st through June 15th
- 0 (0%)
June 16th through June 30th
- 0 (0%)
After June 30th
- 0 (0%)
No Season
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: February 13, 2022, 10:41:25 PM

Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 469

Author Topic: Major League Baseball  (Read 295556 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Major League Baseball
« Reply #4695 on: July 01, 2021, 03:29:08 PM »

Should be right now - K,BB, BB, soft single, soft single, K and a 2-1 Angels lead.  Andujar up.  32 pitches, 0-2 count.  Split - ball.  Weak ground ball to third - inning should be over

Would be 2-1 Angels after 1, Ohtani still in but at 34 pitches.

I assume next guy gets a hit.  0-2 on Frazier.....plunked him

Not one ball hit hard...

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: July 01, 2021, 03:32:41 PM »

Another missed call - on 2-0 to Gardner.  3 in one inning.

Curtains as Gardner walks.

Sad.

Fans come to see stars, not tightshit umpiring.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: July 01, 2021, 03:54:44 PM »

https://www.mlb.com/news/hal-steinbrenner-believes-in-yankees-potential

It's the players. Nobody works harder than the coaches. And Cashman put together a good team, even if Hal wishes there were more left handed hitters in the lineup.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: July 01, 2021, 04:29:59 PM »

No CFBW @ Fenway today.

although the Royals mounted a valiant 9th inning effort to get back into the game they came up short.

nice homestand

off to the West Coast for the 4th

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4699 on: July 01, 2021, 09:16:39 PM »

EOVALDI!!!!

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4700 on: July 02, 2021, 07:55:15 AM »

Looks like Trevor Bauer has developed a devastating back door slider.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: July 02, 2021, 08:29:34 PM »

Judge calls emotional players-only meeting says an article on MLB.

I wonder what the stoic players did during that time.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: July 03, 2021, 12:48:48 AM »

The Red Sox scored fast in the 10th after Barnes blew the save in the bottom of the 9th and hung on to that 1 run lead on a brilliant throw home from Kike Hernandez nailing the runner.

Soon as I catch my breath, I will watch a replay or two of that play, then head to bed.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: July 03, 2021, 01:26:28 AM »

Just saw the play. Brings to mind Jose  Tartabull  from many summers past.

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: July 03, 2021, 05:05:39 AM »

Looks like Trevor Bauer has developed a devastating back door slider.
😁😂

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4705 on: July 03, 2021, 11:22:53 AM »

Mike Lupica in the NYDN:
Hal clearly wants everybody to get along. Good guy, totally. So is Cashman. So is Boone. But you wonder how many more World Series the Red Sox have to win before Steinbrenner the son wakes up, and finally shakes things up on 161st Street.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: July 03, 2021, 11:50:30 AM »

If Lupica is arguing that the Red Sox should be a model I think he’s correct. If he’s arguing that the Yankees should make personnel decisions based on what the Red Sox  are doing or may be doing, he couldn’t be more wrong.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: July 03, 2021, 11:55:31 AM »

If Lupica is arguing that the Red Sox should be a model I think he’s correct. If he’s arguing that the Yankees should make personnel decisions based on what the Red Sox  are doing or may be doing, he couldn’t be more wrong.

The rest of the column suggests the former, in addition to other reasons that Steinbrenner should change what he is doing. I just found that particular passage striking.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #4708 on: July 03, 2021, 12:33:45 PM »

Lupica lauds Henry's approach (he calls Henry the best owner in baseball) which I will define as Henry's openness to taking new paths, and accepting the risk in change.

As a Sox fan I've enjoyed the numerous successes, but at times felt whiplashed by seemingly constant change, from starting 9 to front-office. Say what you will, but its dynamic.

IMO, and just throwing this out, perhaps Henry's success and abilities as a hedge fund manager gives him a solid framework for assessing risk and reward and the trade-offs he must accept. 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: July 03, 2021, 12:37:43 PM »

Lupica lauds Henry's approach (he calls Henry the best owner in baseball) which I will define as Henry's openness to taking new paths, and accepting the risk in change.

As a Sox fan I've enjoyed the numerous successes, but at times felt whiplashed by seemingly constant change, from starting 9 to front-office. Say what you will, but its dynamic.

IMO, and just throwing this out, perhaps Henry's success and abilities as a hedge fund manager gives him a solid framework for assessing risk and reward and the trade-offs he must accept.

It is as good a theory as any, Banks, and better than any I have had.
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 469