Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

When do yo think the MLB regular season will start?

On time
- 1 (33.3%)
Late, but on or before April 15th
- 0 (0%)
April 16th through April 30th
- 0 (0%)
May 1st through May 15th
- 2 (66.7%)
May 16th through May 31st
- 0 (0%)
Jun1st through June 15th
- 0 (0%)
June 16th through June 30th
- 0 (0%)
After June 30th
- 0 (0%)
No Season
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: February 13, 2022, 10:41:25 PM

Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 469

Author Topic: Major League Baseball  (Read 295426 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Major League Baseball
« Reply #5445 on: October 07, 2021, 06:51:42 PM »

So you wanted Pujols vs Gallegos?  That's cool.  I have to search a little, see if I can find an article re Schildt decision

Gallegos was coming out - he was only there to lure the usage of Lux.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5446 on: October 07, 2021, 08:37:39 PM »

Not a great start to the game for ERod.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5448 on: October 07, 2021, 10:22:47 PM »

David Robertson's a good story.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #5450 on: October 07, 2021, 11:34:39 PM »

Rays are real good

Too much Arozarena and too much shit for luck BABIP

let's try some hit 'em where they ain't in G2

the sun will come out tomorrow

damn shame the Sox won't see it in that fucking dump.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5451 on: October 07, 2021, 11:38:33 PM »

Rays are real good

Not an inspiring game for the Red Sox.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5452 on: October 07, 2021, 11:41:26 PM »

"Devers and Martinez can benefit from being injured because in the post season less is more"

The great ALEX RODRIGUEZ

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #5453 on: October 08, 2021, 12:03:14 AM »

Rays are real good

Not an inspiring game for the Red Sox.

maybe Sale pitches an inspired game tomorrow and some Sox rockets find some open spaces.

We just need a split

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #5454 on: October 08, 2021, 12:05:52 AM »

"Devers and Martinez can benefit from being injured because in the post season less is more"

The great ALEX RODRIGUEZ

This is a very good example of why I mute ESPN when Arod does a Sox game and put on "EEI.

Even Vasgersian got sick of listening to that moron.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5455 on: October 08, 2021, 08:00:27 AM »

Nevin hits back at A-Rod

https://empiresportsmedia.com/new-york-yankees/yankees-third-base-coach-explains-controversial-decision-to-send-aaron-judge-home/?fbclid=IwAR3oLAV3zR8XYBK57y7QpKefDvrrK4IbFlCr4Zs_seS11Y1RfNv5bdg09uQ

He's attacking ARod, but his defense of his decision is pretty weak.

As if ARod was the only one to criticize the send. That is not the case. It's not a good read, it's not a good play, Phil. Only one team had more players thrown out at home than the Y's this season in the AL---KC.

So, let's not make this a stupid Phil Nevin v. ARod discussion.

It's not. It's Phil Nevin v Keeping His Job.

I think he could be going, frankly.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #5456 on: October 08, 2021, 08:03:12 AM »

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #5457 on: October 08, 2021, 08:31:35 AM »

Both sets of Sox got laundered last night, each a little more pale this morning---and in Chicago, that's saying something.

I like the best of 5's, though. They really put a lot of pressure on both teams to play their best baseball.

The All-time greatest best of 5 series, for any fan of real baseball was the 1980 Phillies-Astros NLCS, with Game 5 being one of the best play-off games ever to be played.

The Phillies series featured 4 extra inning games, all of which took considerably less time to play than the LAD/Cardinals game the other night.

Game 5, an 8-7 Championship clinching win for the Phillies, was a 10 inning affair, lasting 3 hours and 38 minutes, well less than that Dodgers 9 inning game the other night. The Astros had won a one-game play-off against those Dodgers, btw, to get into the play-offs. Nolan Ryan started the game vs rookie Marty Bystrom, at home in the Dome, and it certainly looked like Houston would have the edge going into the game.

The game was tied 2-2 going into the bottom of the 7th, when the Astros scored 3 runs to take a 5-2 lead. Ryan was still pitching when the Phillies answered in the top of the 8th, loading the bases and getting a walk by Rose off Ryan to make it 5-3. Then relievers Joe Sambito and Ken Frosch failed to hold the Phils down, and they scored 4 more runs to take a 7-5 lead.

In the bottom of the 8th, the Astros came right back and scored 2 to tie it off of Tug McGraw (who was being asked to get a two inning save, having already pitched in the previous 4 games).

At 7-7, in the 10th, Del Unser and Garry Maddox both doubled to give the Phils an 8-7 lead. Dick Ruthven retired three Astros hitters in the 10th, and the Phils went off to the World Series, their second in franchise history, and the first they'd ever win since 1888, when the losingest franchise in all of sports began it's strange history.

Nolan Ryan called the game the biggest loss I've ever had...and...more emotional than any game I have ever been in.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 08:33:52 AM by Hamilton Samuels »

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5458 on: October 08, 2021, 09:22:15 AM »

As if ARod was the only one to criticize the send. That is not the case. It's not a good read, it's not a good play, Phil. Only one team had more players thrown out at home than the Y's this season in the AL---KC.

I side with Nevin - and again note Judge's hesitation and poor path to home

Fans want to assume Yanks score again there if Nevin holds Judge - and forget they still had a chance to after Aaron was gunned down.  Very "fannish".

And A-Rod still thinks Stanton ends up on second.  Heh.  (Glad the article I linked to had Giancarlo on FIRST had Nevin helf Judge)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #5459 on: October 08, 2021, 09:23:49 AM »

So...

are White Sox too young to give Astros a go?

Is it all on the pitching - LYNN wearing the goat horns Game 1?

I figured this for 5 - but the way McCullers threw the ball looks almost like CHI had better win three straight now
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 469