Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

When do yo think the MLB regular season will start?

On time
- 1 (33.3%)
Late, but on or before April 15th
- 0 (0%)
April 16th through April 30th
- 0 (0%)
May 1st through May 15th
- 2 (66.7%)
May 16th through May 31st
- 0 (0%)
Jun1st through June 15th
- 0 (0%)
June 16th through June 30th
- 0 (0%)
After June 30th
- 0 (0%)
No Season
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: February 13, 2022, 10:41:25 PM

Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 469

Author Topic: Major League Baseball  (Read 295420 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Major League Baseball
« Reply #6495 on: April 11, 2022, 04:48:05 PM »

Steve Kwan is hitting .800 with a 1.857 OPS. If he keeps that up all year, I predict he will be the AL Rookie of the Year!

Or even if he only does half as well!
Out source formatting to Red, did you?

Kwan is most likely a slightly shorter Brett Gardner, max. But as Peter Brand would note, his biggest tool has been, he gets on base.

Nice edit! Thought nobody would notice?!

Oh, wait - I did the editing.

No, the formatting is my own mistake. For some reason when I go to reply it lops off that last close-quote bracket. Usually I catch it before leaving the post up. This time I did not.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6496 on: April 11, 2022, 06:31:44 PM »

Anyway - thank for alerting me to this guy.  I had never heard of him.  I guess he played with Madrigal (more heralded, now with Cubs) at OSU.  I think they won a national title.
The legend continues. Kwan is the first player ever to reach base at least.three times in each of his first four games - two walks and a triple.

Ruts human was on that Beaver National Championship squad also.

Rutschman.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6497 on: April 12, 2022, 09:32:50 PM »

Nice game this afternoon for the Red Sox.

Got some hits, let alone timely ones! Whitlock looked sharp in his 4 innings. Hill looked as if he might not be a disaster, for all that 3 runs yielded for 4 innings pitched is sub-optimal.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6498 on: April 13, 2022, 11:51:00 AM »

KWAN is causing a ruccous on FaceBook fantasy baseball pages - as sharks warning newbies not to be so gung ho on the kid.  I disagree.  Liking Kwan for long term.  He's Nimmo-like - and sure to stay healthier.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #6499 on: April 13, 2022, 03:17:00 PM »

There is no joy in Mudville
Steven Kwan has struck out.

For the first time this year. He also had his first swing and miss.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6500 on: April 13, 2022, 04:02:46 PM »

Today in closed captioning:

"When is the next sacrificed fund, do you think?"

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6501 on: April 13, 2022, 04:03:10 PM »

That he went this long is just stunning.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6502 on: April 13, 2022, 04:59:49 PM »

This is not the game I thought I was watching.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #6503 on: April 13, 2022, 07:37:01 PM »

That he went this long is just stunning.
Best start for a Cleveland rookie since Gomer Hodges batted 4000.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6504 on: April 14, 2022, 10:41:57 AM »

Who is Triston McKenzie and why should I care?   (just took over a dead team, making cuts/saves).

Thanks.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #6505 on: April 14, 2022, 10:50:56 AM »

Who is Triston McKenzie and why should I care?   (just took over a dead team, making cuts/saves).

Thanks.
Best arm among the G starters. Has control issues. Worth a flyer due to his upside. I am holding him for now.

Speaking of dead.teams, you doing GG&HF?

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6506 on: April 14, 2022, 11:04:33 AM »

I dont think it got up and running  this year .  Figured 20 years was a good run - glad we got that far - maybe I missed an invite - havent checked yahoo mail in a while - but likely it just fizzled out.    You hadnt heard anything right?

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #6507 on: April 14, 2022, 11:41:29 AM »

I dont think it got up and running  this year .  Figured 20 years was a good run - glad we got that far - maybe I missed an invite - havent checked yahoo mail in a while - but likely it just fizzled out.    You hadnt heard anything right?
it is up and running and you auto drafted a team. There may be three or four dead teams, though.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6508 on: April 14, 2022, 07:27:34 PM »

ok, thanks

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6509 on: April 15, 2022, 06:39:58 PM »

Not the bright beginning to the homestand that we might have hoped for.

Great start for the Twins' pitcher.
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 469