Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

When do yo think the MLB regular season will start?

On time
- 1 (33.3%)
Late, but on or before April 15th
- 0 (0%)
April 16th through April 30th
- 0 (0%)
May 1st through May 15th
- 2 (66.7%)
May 16th through May 31st
- 0 (0%)
Jun1st through June 15th
- 0 (0%)
June 16th through June 30th
- 0 (0%)
After June 30th
- 0 (0%)
No Season
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: February 13, 2022, 10:41:25 PM

Pages: 1 ... 437 438 [439] 440 441 ... 469

Author Topic: Major League Baseball  (Read 295481 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Major League Baseball
« Reply #6570 on: May 20, 2022, 11:35:02 AM »

Philly gets Yu'd

Pete eats

Phils drop another game to Mets

Phillies got Umped.

Dude lost the K-Zone.

Not worred about the Mets.

Funny how you always mock those who complain that the officials cost them the game, but turn to that device whenever it's convenient.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6571 on: May 20, 2022, 03:08:57 PM »

Of course not. You are vying for the wild card.

REally? Think the division is won already. Thanks, kid. I'll make a note of it, here on May 20th.

heh
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #6572 on: May 20, 2022, 03:10:09 PM »

Philly gets Yu'd

Pete eats

Phillies got Umped.

Dude lost the K-Zone.

Funny how you always mock those who complain that the officials cost them the game, but turn to that device whenever it's convenient.

Guess you aren't paying attention.

No surprise, there.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6573 on: May 20, 2022, 04:35:33 PM »

Philly gets Yu'd

Pete eats

Phillies got Umped.

Dude lost the K-Zone.

No surprise, there.

I'm supposed to go hunting for some Phillies game in which you have concluded that at some part of it the Phillies were done in by an unfair umpire who only screwed your team.

You're pretty funny, sometimes, Ham.

But I plead totally guilty of not having seen the incident(s?) to which you refer. You, OTOH, I have paid attention to and I stand by what I said.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6574 on: May 21, 2022, 08:11:54 PM »

Good CFB win for the Red Sox. Devers was jealous of Story and had a couple homers of his own.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6575 on: May 22, 2022, 05:11:39 PM »

The Sox came from ahead, then came from behind, to win on a walk-off by (the much maligned) Franchy Cordero in the bottom of the 10th.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6576 on: May 25, 2022, 01:08:23 AM »

Neither coming from ahead nor behind tonight, in the Red Sox' 16-3 drubbing of the White Sox.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6577 on: May 27, 2022, 12:39:32 AM »

After scoring 1 run yesterday and losing, today's hitters brought us back to double digits, with 16 more runs. And while our pitching left something to be desired, I'll take it.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 12:47:59 AM by josh »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6578 on: May 27, 2022, 11:17:02 PM »

What an awful game after a promising start.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #6579 on: May 28, 2022, 02:04:56 PM »

Philly gets Yu'd

Pete eats

Phillies got Umped.

Dude lost the K-Zone.

No surprise, there.

I'm supposed to go hunting for some Phillies game in which you have concluded that at some part of it the Phillies were done in by an unfair umpire who only screwed your team.

But I plead totally guilty of not having seen the incident(s?) to which you refer. You, OTOH, I have paid attention to and I stand by what I said.

Good you admit to comment out of abject ignorance. Standing by your comments is no surprise as you've been clear about your biases for many years.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #6580 on: May 28, 2022, 02:12:04 PM »

https://nypost.com/2022/05/28/mlb-investigating-tommy-pham-slap-of-joc-pederson-over-fantasy-football-flap/

Tommy Pham goes all Will Smith on Joc Pederson. Over fantasy football. You can't make this up.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6581 on: May 28, 2022, 06:55:49 PM »

Philly gets Yu'd

Pete eats

Phillies got Umped.

Dude lost the K-Zone.

No surprise, there.

Good you admit to comment out of abject ignorance. Standing by your comments is no surprise as you've been clear about your biases for many years.

Pot, Kettle, Ham.

My comment was about you, not about the incident. And "bias" in this case is another word for informed.

You still haven't shared the incident you complained about. No surprise.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #6582 on: May 29, 2022, 02:35:17 PM »

Nice game last night between the Dodgers and the Diamond Backs, Tony Gonsolin pitched a great game, and Justin Turner had a great night as he got on base at every time at bat.

I wish the Dodgers would broadcast every game on Channel 11, we need to have the Angels on Channel 5, and the Dodgers on Channel 11. It would be great to have local baseball games on the local television channels.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6583 on: May 30, 2022, 07:36:30 PM »

Not sure whose night is worse so far (top of the second), Rich Hill's or Kike Hernandez'.

Unimpressive start to this one.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6584 on: May 30, 2022, 08:51:19 PM »

Not sure whose night is worse so far (top of the second), Rich Hill's or Kike Hernandez'.

Unimpressive start to this one.

Nor did it get better. In the 5th, down 4-0, Cora left Hill in for two more batters, who promptly ended up on 2nd and 3rd.

New pitcher didn't put anybody else on, but did let them in. Down two field goals early in the 2nd half.
Pages: 1 ... 437 438 [439] 440 441 ... 469