Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

When do yo think the MLB regular season will start?

On time
- 1 (33.3%)
Late, but on or before April 15th
- 0 (0%)
April 16th through April 30th
- 0 (0%)
May 1st through May 15th
- 2 (66.7%)
May 16th through May 31st
- 0 (0%)
Jun1st through June 15th
- 0 (0%)
June 16th through June 30th
- 0 (0%)
After June 30th
- 0 (0%)
No Season
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: February 13, 2022, 10:41:25 PM

Pages: 1 ... 439 440 [441] 442 443 ... 469

Author Topic: Major League Baseball  (Read 295521 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Major League Baseball
« Reply #6600 on: June 09, 2022, 01:20:28 AM »

Dalbec at 3rd, Vasquez at 1st.

1-0 after 8 innings, though this was not the tightly pitched game of two nights ago.

Good baseball for those not obsessed with tons of homers.

And the Sox held on to win, despite the acting job of Marsh, who tried to claim he had been hit by the pitch when he pulled back from bunting. Of course, he held a part of his arm that the ball had never been near - but it still took a challenge to get the call of HBP overturned.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6601 on: June 09, 2022, 12:31:26 PM »

Turns out the Phillies were only mostly dead. That whole "need a new voice" thing working so far.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6602 on: June 09, 2022, 02:52:48 PM »

Turns out the Phillies were only mostly dead. That whole "need a new voice" thing working so far.

It helped that they were playing the Angels at the beginning of the new voice!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #6603 on: June 09, 2022, 05:03:20 PM »

Did it help when they got to Hader?
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6604 on: June 09, 2022, 05:22:52 PM »

Did it help when they got to Hader?

What part of "at the beginning" are you missing?

Clearly, it helped.

Conversely, the Angels seem to have needed more than "a new voice" - or they were facing the Red Sox when they got theirs.

Time will tell.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #6605 on: June 09, 2022, 05:28:05 PM »

Of course, time will tell. No one is taking a bow, yet.

But, admit it Hader was a BIG shot in the arm. Team's can get dangerous, when think they can beat anyone, especially a team that is using its bench as much as this team has had to do.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6606 on: June 09, 2022, 08:50:17 PM »

Of course, time will tell. No one is taking a bow, yet.

But, admit it Hader was a BIG shot in the arm. Team's can get dangerous, when think they can beat anyone, especially a team that is using its bench as much as this team has had to do.

Beating Hader was very good and beating the Brewers more even better.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6607 on: June 11, 2022, 01:04:52 PM »

The 8 straight wins for the Phillies under their new manager looks like more than just "a new voice." It begins to look like maybe he understands something his predecessor did not.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6608 on: June 11, 2022, 09:34:54 PM »

Ohhhhhh boy...

Mets had better win tonight

Heh

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #6609 on: June 11, 2022, 10:50:12 PM »

Entering June:

@Braves
: 23-27
@Phillies
: 21-29

June:

Braves: 10-0
Phillies: 9-0

This is the first time two MLB teams each had losing records 50+ games into a season and then went on simultaneous 9+ game winning streaks since the Pirates and Reds did so in 1899.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6610 on: June 12, 2022, 02:38:18 AM »

Entering June:

@Braves
: 23-27
@Phillies
: 21-29

June:

Braves: 10-0
Phillies: 9-0

This is the first time two MLB teams each had losing records 50+ games into a season and then went on simultaneous 9+ game winning streaks since the Pirates and Reds did so in 1899.

I remember when they did that! It was quite the season.

Last year with 12 teams in the league for a long time!

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6611 on: June 12, 2022, 09:30:34 AM »

FISH have also won 5 straight.  This is incredible (as Mets tonight try to avoid going 4-6 on West trip)
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
Streaks are wonderful things
« Reply #6612 on: June 12, 2022, 09:31:35 AM »

Rob Thomson joined Pat Moran in 1915 as the only Phillies managers to win their first eight games. The Phillies went to the World Series in 1915.

Rob Thomson became the first major league manager to win his first eight games since Joe Morgan won 12 in a row after taking the reins of the Boston Red Sox in 1988.

The Sox went from a 43-42 disappointment under John McNamara to an 89-win division champion.

Things sometimes happen. But consider, too, that the Braves won again, yesterday, for a 10 game streak. The Marlins have gone 7-3 in their last 10 against the Giants and the Astros, and they've won 5 in a row. The Mets have 15 games left against the Braves, 15 games left against the Marlins, and only 7 against the Phillies (all to be played in August).

The braves play the Nats 13 more times. The Braves and Phillies play each other 11 more times. The Phils play the Nats 19 more times.

There's a very likely chance for a pretty good race to take place in this Division, so hold off the parade in Queens, just yet.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6613 on: June 12, 2022, 09:53:09 AM »

From the "life often sucks" department

It is with complete devastation that I announce that my precious son, Johnny was one of the five US Marines that perished on Wednesday, June 8, in the Osprey Military crash near San Diego. For those of you that knew Johnny, you saw his huge smile, bright light, his love for his family, the Marines, the joy of flying airplanes and defending our country! He was my hero and the best man I know, there was no better person to defend our country.
 There was never any doubt from a young age that Johnny would be a pilot and his passion was to fly! I am so proud of the man he became and so proud to call him my son! This loss will change my life forever and is a loss to not only the Marines but this world!

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10038426-john-sax-son-of-former-mlb-all-star-steve-sax-among-marines-killed-in-crash?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6614 on: June 12, 2022, 09:56:19 AM »

Things sometimes happen. But consider, too, that the Braves won again, yesterday, for a 10 game streak. The Marlins have gone 7-3 in their last 10 against the Giants and the Astros, and they've won 5 in a row. The Mets have 15 games left against the Braves, 15 games left against the Marlins, and only 7 against the Phillies (all to be played in August).

The braves play the Nats 13 more times. The Braves and Phillies play each other 11 more times. The Phils play the Nats 19 more times.

- strong work with the numbers - thanks
Pages: 1 ... 439 440 [441] 442 443 ... 469