Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

When do yo think the MLB regular season will start?

On time
- 1 (33.3%)
Late, but on or before April 15th
- 0 (0%)
April 16th through April 30th
- 0 (0%)
May 1st through May 15th
- 2 (66.7%)
May 16th through May 31st
- 0 (0%)
Jun1st through June 15th
- 0 (0%)
June 16th through June 30th
- 0 (0%)
After June 30th
- 0 (0%)
No Season
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: February 13, 2022, 10:41:25 PM

Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 469

Author Topic: Major League Baseball  (Read 295575 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Major League Baseball
« Reply #6630 on: June 21, 2022, 07:55:18 AM »

And the much maligned Hicks and Gallo come through BIG to earn the W.  Yanks are certainly real.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6631 on: June 21, 2022, 01:17:10 PM »

This summer, Ramirez's son, Manny Jr., is playing for the Brockton Rox, a collegiate summer baseball team. Also on the team? Ortiz's son, D'Angelo Ortiz; Pedro Martinez Jr.; Gary Sheffield's son, Jaden Sheffield; and Keith Foulke's son, Kade Foulke.
(courtesy of MLB.com)

Obviously, there have been second and third generation baseball players for a long time - sometimes sons of stars who outshine their fathers, like Griffey, Jr. or Barry Bonds before his career got derailed. Watching the current crop of Blue Jays is certainly exciting.

But if those Brockton players are at all up to their parents' caliber, they may bring it to a new level. I might take a trip down to watch them! It's only about a 90 minute trip. Wish I'd thought about this yesterday - today's a double-header!

(Mind you, right now they are in the cellar of their group. Maybe I will wait until they are only 30 minutes away, in Nashua.)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 01:23:26 PM by josh »
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6632 on: June 21, 2022, 02:30:32 PM »

Ortiz and Ramirez (infielders) may very well get drafted.  Not sure of Foulke, who is a lefthanded pitcher

Looks like a great league - thanks
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6633 on: June 21, 2022, 03:55:40 PM »

Ortiz and Ramirez (infielders) may very well get drafted. 

Manny Ramirez was a shortstop when he was drafted.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6634 on: June 21, 2022, 05:54:24 PM »

Wonder if Manny Sr found a hill for Jr to drag a tire up.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6635 on: June 21, 2022, 06:08:24 PM »

Ortiz and Ramirez (infielders) may very well get drafted.  Not sure of Foulke, who is a lefthanded pitcher

My pleasure.

I'm pretty excited about the chance to go watch them - today I am missing the Sea Unicorns. But I could drive 2.5-3 hours to see almost all of these teams!

For some reason, I had not realized that we have 4 teams in this league playing this summer, with another so close, though in NH.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6636 on: June 22, 2022, 12:15:34 AM »

Blue Jays - White Sox is headed to the 12th.

The Sox lost the lead in the 8th, tied it in the 9th. Both teams have scored 1 in the 10th and 11th. Sometimes bunting the runner over. At least once balked over.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6637 on: June 22, 2022, 07:20:54 AM »

My pleasure.

I'm pretty excited about the chance to go watch them - today I am missing the Sea Unicorns. But I could drive 2.5-3 hours to see almost all of these teams!

For some reason, I had not realized that we have 4 teams in this league playing this summer, with another so close, though in NH.

We have the Atlantic Collegiate Baseball League here (NY/NJ/PA).  Pretty good ball.  Wood bats.  Quite a few 90 plus guys on the hill.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6638 on: June 22, 2022, 11:24:05 PM »

The back and forth in the Twins/Guardians game tonight was quite something.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6639 on: June 23, 2022, 08:31:34 AM »

The back and forth in the Twins/Guardians game tonight was quite something.
We be hot.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6640 on: June 23, 2022, 11:38:11 AM »

Sources say that Judge's agent wants to force a free agency, and wants to use Mets as final destination. We'll see what happens on Friday with arbitration.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6641 on: June 23, 2022, 01:00:55 PM »

Sure.  We'll take him.  Room for a few more 30 mil plus guys....

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6642 on: June 23, 2022, 11:16:56 PM »

Tonight's amazing comeback win was by the Yankees - their third hit tying the game in the bottom of the 9th and a few batters latter Judge knocking in the winning run.

And earlier the Twins won a squeaker to regain a share of 1st in the central.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #6643 on: June 24, 2022, 09:28:38 AM »

Guardians-Twins shaping up to be the race of the summer?   Nice surprise.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6644 on: June 24, 2022, 10:46:20 AM »

Guardians-Twins shaping up to be the race of the summer?   Nice surprise.

I'm expecting the White Sox to be in the mix for most of the summer, as well. I don't think they will be able to pull away from the other two.
Pages: 1 ... 441 442 [443] 444 445 ... 469